BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Arsenil

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mokoena's good in a midfield five. Always has been.

Pretty happy with the performance and the result. We looked very solid defensively, for the first time in a while. I'd be happy to play like that away from Ewood for the rest of the season if it picks up the vital points we need (bearing in mind we're still not technically safe). Especially considering the ridiculous amount of injuries we have.

I'm disgusted with the amount of bookings we picked up, again. The majority were for nothing fouls - no more cynical than L'arse were all day, yet we get punished for it.

Bentley and Dunn hit more wayward passes than the Axe. I though he did well considering.

I quite agree EiT, Bentley simply isnt the player he can be when he is played in the middle, I understand why he was played there, but he struggled all match.

Can't remember seeing us as compact and disciplined in defense for a long time. Impressed with Samba, he looked the part today and if he keeps that up he'll form a strong partnership with Nelsen in the center of defense. I was surprised Dunn lasted for 90 minutes too considering the amount of closing down he did. If Nonda had put even half of Dunn's effort into it we might have been doing something up front as well.

This ref is giving us nothing.

We should have had one or two free kicks that weren't given, but overall I thought the ref had a good game, always looking to let the game flow where possible.

However we were incredibly lucky when Warnock conceded what should have been a nailed on penalty. The ref was only about 5 yards away looking straight at it, but unbelievably waved it away! :tu:

Delighted with that result, it should be a real confidence fillip for Thursday evening. The Cup double is still on!

Don't know if I'm in two minds as to whether our best chance went today. Never seen Arse as lethargic, they only woke up after 83 mins. Great to see Derbyshire back, at least we looked a bit more credible going forward when he came on.

Very solid defensively for 80 minutes after that Friedel's save and subsequent double save were unbelievable, as good as I've seen.

I know Nonda had his work cut out playing up front on his own and all but he barely broke sweat - is that meant to be him playing for a contract? - sheesh.

Archived