BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Arsenil

Have to say I would like to have seen a few cards flashed to the Arse players - there were some dodgy fouls from them including a couple of ignored handballs. :angry:

However, well done, lads. Great effort by all. Let's give 'em hell at Ewood - hope everyone who possible can will turn out for this one! Anybody any ideas when replay is likely to be?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the past couple of weeks it has proven without doubt that something needs to be changed without doubt. If I was an Arsenal fan I would be livid that he didnt give that pen when stood right in front of the tackle. On our side though some of the things they got away with were awful. Henry is a world class player however, he was awful today and should have been booked for diving - Very poor Mr Henry you should be ashamed.

Do we really need another game added to our schedule though :huh:

Can't remember seeing us as compact and disciplined in defense for a long time. Impressed with Samba, he looked the part today and if he keeps that up he'll form a strong partnership with Nelsen in the center of defense. I was surprised Dunn lasted for 90 minutes too considering the amount of closing down he did. If Nonda had put even half of Dunn's effort into it we might have been doing something up front as well.

That is very unfair. I often saw Nonda back picking up men well inside our half and doing some proper defending. He worked his socks off, just like the rest of the team. I actually think Bentley was the biggest let-down, he seemed to be trying to do too much and spent too long on the ball.

Mokoena's good in a midfield five. Always has been.

I didn't actually see it as a midfield five - Dunn was up alongside Nonda as much as he was dropping back into midfield.

I think this was Axe's best performance for a long time - and follows on from a reasonable performance away in Germany. He'll never spray the ball around like Tugay - but keeps it simple - and in reality gave the ball away far fewer times than many players.

Can't help but worry that we have done the easy bit in getting the draw - getting a result at Ewood could be even more difficult.

The good thing will possibly be the impact on the team's morale - which must be helped.

Morale, money and we'll have players back. It will still be tough, but Arsenal may well rest more players for the replay and we'll have a better chance going into that then we did today. Shame we couldn't sneak a goal from somewhere, but it never really looked like happening.

Solid gritty performance today good game plan well executed. I thought the ref was too quick to award fouls to the Arse today. It really is getting to the point I don't even watch anymore. Two sliding tackles today were blown against rovers when the ball was clearly won and first. Howeven every pull push holding impedement by the Arse was allowed to go.

Best game in along time from Mr Axe. Dunn's passing came from the Axe's handbook. Playing Bentley in the middle was a big mistake, he should be outwide putting in the balls that have caused so many teams problems this season.

Brilliant Brad saves the day at the end but a decent enough performance doing exactly what we had to and getting MGP & Benni back in for the replay.

I'm another who cant see how anyone can moan about any of our players today. I thought Nonda did well up front and tracked back when he needed too - no point in him constantly being behind the ball as we would have had no outlet when we had it. Bentley was asked to play a very different role to that were he's been enjoying some good displays - yes it kept him quieter but he got hold of the ball and kept things simple most of the time. Again no point having him out wide putting in crosses to an empty box. If he wasn't played in the centre who would have gone there? I thought David Dunn came into the game more as it went on - was good to see his quick foot work get round the arse players a couple of times and is exciting for the rest of the season. Delighted he last 90min but I bet he's gutted it'll have his name as the one who was subbed for the last min!

I was expecting us to be beaten heavily today but it's great we have kept a clean sheet and the confidence should but us in good stead for Weds... :)

I think we should play 4-5-1 tomorrow, we will definately be outplayed in the midfield if we're playing 4-4-2 regardless of which players Arsenal are fielding against us. Fabregas didn't play against Bolton so he will probably start the game.

Henchoz and Warnock was very poor against Leverkusen, hopefully Todd or Samba will come in for Henchoz. I would prefer Todd to give him match practice before the return leg on thursday since Samba can't play in UEFA cup

Lets play like Wenger hates, DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND :rover: and maybe we'll get a scrappy 1-0 win or a replay

the defend tactic worked perfectly :) three home games in a row now, lets make it 3 wins!

Good result, even if it wasn't the greatest of spectacles.

Just noticed this on the BBC that made me chuckle;

1546: SENDING OFF: George O'Callaghan is given his marching orders, leaving Ipswich down to 120 men against Watford.

You'd have thought Ipswich would still go on to win, what with 120 players on the pitch! :lol:

EDIT: Unsurprisingly they removed that pretty sharpish!

I'm another who cant see how anyone can moan about any of our players today.

i'm another.

brad made 3 astonishing saves - but they were the only 3 openings arsenal could muster.

hard to single anyone out, but..... berner covered warnock well, nelsen & samba looked commanding, and dunn has got 90 minutes in.

as for..... "do we really need another game?" - yes !

1. (although i hope not, and think we'll progress) we maybe knocked out of the uefa cup on thursday.

2. this is the FA CUP!

expecting some media critisism towards rovers and we'll be given no credit, but i dont really care. we're still in the hat!

Archived