BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton

Fully fit rovers squad against a fully fit bolton squad, we would be miles ahead. Current situation they are ahead, but like i said its done to the amount of injuries we have had.

As someone else mentioned we are still in Uefa and also the FA Cup. No yew we may exit both soon, (which i doubt) however we have still gone further than them this season!

You have to consider all the big injuries we have had this season - Nelson, Reid, Savage, Pedersen, Ooijer, Kishanishvilli. Now out of those players who have missed big chunks of the season, which one of them if any wouldnt be 1st choice!

Bolton better?? Ha ha dont make me laugh! We outclassed them at our place, we just didnt get the break we deserved (Goal over the line not given).

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fully fit rovers squad against a fully fit bolton squad, we would be miles ahead. Current situation they are ahead, but like i said its done to the amount of injuries we have had.

Im no bolton lover but thats just not true, they have a quality side who force teams to play their way. It woul dbe very very close.

In a way I think Bolton's success works to our favor too, it raises the profile of smaller clubs and sets the bar for team on a similar financial footing to ourselves.

WHile they are rivals to Rovers I always want to see a smaller team to push the top four and rich teams like Spurs and Newcastle and at least try and make things look competive in the Prem. We did it last season and Everton (a much larger support than either ourselves or Bolton but in a simlar financial predicament) the year before.

What we can take heart in is that us and our neighbours have to be the most competitive teams in the league on money spent. That would actually be a very interesting study- a comparison on net transfer spending against points accumilated over the last three years or so (ie. pounds spent per point gained). I suspect Bolton would be the most economical and we would be near the top.

As someone else mentioned we are still in Uefa and also the FA Cup. No yew we may exit both soon, (which i doubt) however we have still gone further than them this season!

You have to consider all the big injuries we have had this season - Nelson, Reid, Savage, Pedersen, Ooijer, Kishanishvilli. Now out of those players who have missed big chunks of the season, which one of them if any wouldnt be 1st choice!

Bolton better?? Ha ha dont make me laugh! We outclassed them at our place, we just didnt get the break we deserved (Goal over the line not given).

Miles ahead?? In what world?

They do have a slim squad (please, no Davies jokes) and will struggle - especially if Anelka and let's say Stelios and/or Diouf gets injured. But what you are saying, we are miles ahead when no player from any of the sides are injured? I mean, that's crazy talk. They've played themselves into a FOURTH position in the Premier League, and we would be miles ahead with our players fit the whole season? There's patriotism, there's hatred towards rivalling clubs and there's blue and white goggles to the extreme. I despise Bolton, but I have no problem seeing they are a far superior side to Rovers at the moment - just like we were last season. Please people, you know better than that - most of the people on here has sensible contributions on other debates..

Ive got this quote from another site.....

"Bolton are a far, far better side than Blackburn, yes you are in europe, you were better last season, this season Bolton have overtaken Blackburn by quite a long way."

would you say this was true ?

Discuss. :rover:

Take out six or seven of their key players during the season, 5 of them for long term then ask the question again.

Having said that I was impressed by the way the played the Arse the other night. One thing I have noticed is I have never seen a team get so much fortune in front of goal. It seems to me like almost all their goals have an element of luck about them or come from stupid defensive blunders. And I'm not really anti Bolton.

Even though I would put most of the blame for Rovers' poor showings on the injuries to Savage (in particular), Reid and Oh Yeah

You've totally missed out the MOST important one, the one that if present could have helped us most. Ryan Nelsen, it's almost March and he still is not fully fit, timing etc. This loss has beeen HUGE, massive. I would loved to have seen him and Ooyah in tandem at the back.

True, USABlue, I mentioned Savage mostly because we did do okay before his injury - even though we experienced mixed results. I'm looking forward to seeing Oh Yeah and Nelsen in our defence too, we've lacked both leadership and experience at the back this season, and these two has got lots of both - I honestly believe that the two of them are good enough to compensate for the lack of pace at the back - especially with decent fullbacks like Warnock and Emerton alongside them.

We should do what bolton do.when away play with 10 defenders and 1 attacker,just lump the ball foward every time law of average says you'll score at least 1 goal per game.even when playing watford,west ham,charlton.then when at home play 2 attackers and 9 defenders and just lump the ball to the attackers etc.we would have had xxx more points on board plus been on the fringe of a top 5 place

Take those words with you to the breezeblock in March and then retype them in bold on the site from which you took them.

Rovers are better than bolton winkers, that is my view and opinion with which others may disagree.

BTW have you all seen the prices advertised for Rovers visit ? Full ticket prices to Rovers fans, first allocation 2000 with a furhter offer if that allocation is taken.

And that is why they are called the wanky wanderers. We give them a massive incentive to come to our place and they dont even bother to return the offer.

chairman gartside may have serious money problems as it is rumoured that he has already spent next seasons money on the sulk :rolleyes:

W*nky are desperately seeking a rivalry. Hence their recycled "inbred" insults which have been aimed at them for years from o.t. Lets not give them what they seek, they seriously aren't worth it.

Exactly how I feel. They're always trying to play up the 'inbred' stuff, call us names etc when we just dont give a stuff about them. They're desperate to be hated and have some sort of meanful two way rivalry with someone.

With regards to ticket prices, we're cat B (normal prices) which i think means £32 adults, £18-22 students and £16 kids.

Exactly how I feel. They're always trying to play up the 'inbred' stuff, call us names etc when we just dont give a stuff about them. They're desperate to be hated and have some sort of meanful two way rivalry with someone.

With regards to ticket prices, we're cat B (normal prices) which i think means £32 adults, £18-22 students and £16 kids.

Actually Rob, afraid I can't stand them. I don't care if they call me inbred, but I do hate them with every fibre of my being.

Actually Rob, afraid I can't stand them. I don't care if they call me inbred, but I do hate them with every fibre of my being.

Amen. And I will never forgive Chorley council for allowing the blighters to have their training ground in my borough even if it is akin to a slum :angry:.

Thats cos your from bloody Darwen! :lol: Dont get me wrong, i have very little time for Bolton and its getting on tits big time we aint beaten them at ewood in the prem for 10 years now, but i just cant get as het up about them as burnley. Furthermore, clubs that try and enter into other rilvalries (like chels stoking up their spurs games) like bolton do with us cos thy aint got their own rivals, ###### me off!

Neither can I and this goes back along way.

The Mancs also refer to us as Woolybacks as do Liverpool and Everton (as well as inbreds)

The tickets will cost Rovers fans £32 for Bolton away as it is Category B - Bolton-Rovers ticket details.

However in other areas of the ground Bolton fans can watch the game for as little as £28 (East/West Lower) or even £24 (North/South Lower).

That doesn't seem quite fair to me...we charge them the same low price as anywhere in the stadium then they make sure we have to pay top whack at theirs while other Bolton fans can save the best part of a tenner in comparison.

The £32 of course also represents over twice as much as their fans were charged.

Archived