BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton

It’ll help if you get your facts right.

Away fans are allocated the upper tier of the South Stand and half of the lower tier. The upper tier is allocated first unless there is likely to be a very small number of away fans as would be the case with Fulham and Charlton.

Which of my facts do you believe to be incorrect?

This link here from the Blackburn Rovers website - Bolton ticket information. details how "tickets are situated in the South Stand Upper" and are £32.

Furthermore this link here - Bolton website ticket information - shows that tickets in the South Stand lower are on sale to home fans for £24.

So these back up what was my point that Bolton fans in the lower tier are being charged £8 less than the Rovers fans in the upper tier are. Should there really be a discrepancy of £8 betwixt the different tiers of the same stand?

If however it is the case that the lower tier will be given to Rovers if they sell out the upper tier...it still doesn't really account for a difference in £8 between the top and bottom tiers.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E Mail to W*nky:

Dear Mike,

To say that we are disappointed with your published ticket prices for the above game @ the Reebok in March would be an understatement, especially after the successful Rovers initiative earlier this year.

I appreciate & understand that you've already taken steps in certain matches (Especially aimed at attracting additional fans with existing season ticket holders) however, for a televised local derby, on a Sunday, you should choose to seemingly punish your near neighbours or possibly insult our intelligence?

The facts as we see it are:

We gave your fans access to our beautiful ground for £15 earlier this season (This was a proven success)

You expect Blackburn Rovers supporters to pay £32 to sit in upper tier (Which we don't want to, but you sell this first) whilst your supporters pay £24?

The above hardly seems in the spirit of fairness does it?

As far as we are concerned, if the policy is not reviewed ASAP, rest assured that the Blackburn Rovers supporters, starting at this weeks UEFA cup match, will ask our supporters to not attend the Bolton match, we will canvass all the message boards on the web, our own supporters, by banners, leaflets and word of mouth and we will inform the national and local press of our intention to do so.

Please, in the spirit of our national game and our local geography etc, can I please ask you to urgently review your policy for the above mentioned game and prove that you care about visiting supporters as well as your season ticket holders.

Many thanks

Regards,

Living in south Chorley, it is the nearest ground to me and takes 7 minutes on the train, so feel obliged to go-but I am not happy!

So far then that's me, Ribblesdale and Aggyblue going.

I think I've managed two freebies for the kids in the West stand. They'll have to keep quite, Ha Ha.

So it might turn out to be a cheap away day after all :tu:

I'm sorry I can't boycott this one......................Bolton are my Burnley you see :angry:

I wont be boycotting it either.

I’m not a man of principal! :lol:

emails/ letter to WW are pointless. I bet everyone gets the same reply.

seriously, I appreciate and sympathise with the regulars that wont be attending (I know several that are doing the same), but

it's the ''lets organise a boycott" brigade that I remain unsure about.

this protest has maybe come a little late in the day. after all, we've known since bolton came to ewood, that the prices wouldn’t be reduced.

our away following has been dwindling for years. cant remember the last time we sold out our full away allocation (for a premiership game) -even to a local away game- (apart from trips to man utd).

we didn’t take that many to bolton last season, about 1200, so it'll be interesting to see if there's much of a difference.

if rovers fans really feel this strongly, why not go to the 'breezeblock' and picket outside ???

that'd show a real commitment to this premise, and sort out 'bandwagon jumpers' from those who really feel aggrieved.

designing plaques would be more enjoyable and productive than sending a letter / email.:ph34r:

our away following has been dwindling for years. cant remember the last time we sold out our full away allocation (for a premiership game) -even to a local away game- (apart from trips to man utd).
Wigan during their first year in the Prem. The whole free pies fiasco!

emails/ letter to WW are pointless. I bet everyone gets the same reply.

Got my standardised reply from the so called marketing manager!

Still not going though!!

and No I am not picketing the place either ! Greater Manchester police are reknown for their delicacy in dealing with road blocks.. :rolleyes:

Hog, with respect mate, your talking testicles.

FLB has given the nailed on facts and I've told you what the city fans here have told me.

No I'm not.

The lower tiers are priced less than the upper tiers for both sets of fans. Bolton fans in the North upper will also get charged £32. Rovers get the South upper tier - price £32. If they had chosen to take the full allocation, then they would also have got half the South lower at £24.

Could Bolton do it the other way round? ie sell all the lower tier first and then half the upper if demand exists? Maybe, but I'd guess that segregation is easier in the lower part of the stadium.

If your City supporting mates tell that they've taken 4,000 to the Reebok they're lying. Away fans aren't allocated that many. The only exception was the West Ham cup game last season when they got all of the South stand. You should be wary of believing the most deluded fans in football. :D

OH MY WORD! I just got this email from footymad:

Dear Blackburn Rovers fan

A quick update on the Cut The Cost of Footie survey and campaign:

The Sun's front page reports today that Bolton Wanderers have become the first Premiership club to slash new season ticket prices in response to the Cut the Cost of Footie Campaign.

Last week The Sun featured the results of the FFC "Cut the Cost of Footie?" Survey showing 96% of fans felt Premiership clubs should use increased TV revenes to cut ticket prices and highlighting some of the sacrifices our members make to follow their teams: "Do more overtime", "Not eating properly!" "No savings :-(" and more...

Bolton Chiefs will cut the price of seats, barring corporate hospitality deals, by an average 10% for next term. Manager Sam Allardyce said: “The Sun’s been at the forefront of the campaign to reduce prices, and we are delighted we can show the way to do it and put something back into the game."

SOME CHEEK! Stealing our bloody thunder whilst ripping us off!

WTF's Salford got to do with us? :blink:

I'm no expert but isn't Salford and Bolton part of Greater Manchester?

Anyway Zulu (strange that you should use a name associated with Birmingham City, whatever floats your boat), what do you think about your hypocritical board? Slashing prices "putting something back into the game" and yet charging £32 when we charged your lot £15?! It's on Tele as well. Doesn't make much sense that does it? I think I'll give my visit to The Aluminium Stadium a miss this year.

I'm no expert but isn't Salford and Bolton part of Greater Manchester?

Anyway Zulu (strange that you should use a name associated with Birmingham City, whatever floats your boat), what do you think about your hypocritical board? Slashing prices "putting something back into the game" and yet charging £32 when we charged your lot £15?! It's on Tele as well. Doesn't make much sense that does it? I think I'll give my visit to The Aluminium Stadium a miss this year.

Oh, I see! Very subtle.

My name is no more to do with Birmingham City (and I am aware to what you refer) than yours is to do with the discovery of penicillin.

And, for what it's worth, I do feel that we should have cut the prices for the visit of you Banjo Strummers. Does that make y'all feel better? Mind you, we're not alone in ripping off supporters - home or away.

Nice to chat. Give us a shout again when Ewood Park is finished. :)

Classic that I love it, just got off the floor from laughing so hard, now I have to change. Woolybacks, I love it.

You'll laugh even harder when it finally permeates to Arizona that Mancs (and Scousers particularly) refer to anyone from Lancashire (including Preston, Blackburn and Burnley) as Woolybacks too. So, you are laughing at yourself, mate.

Funny how Mancs agree that we are from Lancashire too, eh? :tu:

And, for what it's worth, I do feel that we should have cut the prices for the visit of you Banjo Strummers. Does that make y'all feel better?

Absolutely. If only you were Chairman eh?

Mind you, we're not alone in ripping off supporters - home or away.
Oh well fair dos. Well done though for claiming the moral high ground and claiming to be the first team to address ticket prices. If only our Chairman had announced something before you. er... Hang on a minute.....

Nice to chat. Give us a shout again when Ewood Park is finished. :)

You cheeky pig footed scamp. At least our stadium won't blow away in a gale (is it true they found The Reebok in a field on the outskirts of Leyland the other week when it "got a bit windy"?), is made from proper steel and brick and will be around long after yours has been carted off to the tip. And our cinema is probably better than yours as well. So there. You shitter.

(Anyone fancy a game of Zulu bingo? Simply draw up a card with the words "Banjo", "Woolybacks", "Sister", "Inbred" etc etc in boxes and tick them off when they appear in one of his hilarious posts. Should keep you amused for minutes on end.)

Archived