BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ticket Prices

Eddie

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Feb 19 2007, 15:24 ) 491216[/snapback]
Indeed, lets price the general football fan out of the game so the prawn sandwich brigade can sit there singing "Rovers, Rovers ra ra ra"

Not what I was saying. Just enjoyed watching the game with a civilised crowd. That's WHY I sit in the JW lower. HAve you EVER heard any noise coming from there- apart from the odd snore???

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you SO don't live in London. £4 for a pie in a box with a fork is a bargain! And the atmosphere was great- My friend and I much preferred it to the normal away ground. Great seats, great view, and the away crowd seemed much more civilised.

Loved it. One of the few grounds which provides facilities on a par with Rovers.

dont tar blackburn with pies at 4 quid...they are about 80p here.You might have enough money and dont care about being ripped off but some peple do.

as for the "you SO dont live in London " comment..would that london be in england the place you earlier said you hated?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Feb 19 2007, 15:24 ) 491216[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Indeed, lets price the general football fan out of the game so the prawn sandwich brigade can sit there singing "Rovers, Rovers ra ra ra"

Not what I was saying. Just enjoyed watching the game with a civilised crowd. That's WHY I sit in the JW lower. HAve you EVER heard any noise coming from there- apart from the odd snore???

only the jw stand are civilised...christ almighty get off your high horse and stop being so snooty and patronising...BLACKBURN IS A WORKING TOWN WITH HONEST HARD WORKING PEOPLE NOT YOUR UP YOUR OWN ARSE CITY FOLK ...GIVE IT A FLAMING REST!!!!

Maybe it was a civilised crowd, because it was full of London types.

They know how to behave don't they?

Unlike us from up north swinging from tyres... throwing our on sh#t at each other.

that would be our flat caps filled with gravy and whippet hairs

Over the past few weeks I have been really getting annoyed by the fact that as a student I simply can't afford to get to more games then I do and this has been hammered home by the Arsenal game this weekend, which many others have also complained about. I have talked about this with a few others and was wondering if everyone thought it might be worth it to get a petition going complaining about the pricing for football matches and saying that the average football fan was being driven away from the game by the cost of attending games at certain clubs. Obviously this would not be addressed at all games, Rovers for example are relatively cheap to watch, but I know that it is a common complaint and something that almost every football fan I know mentions. If no one else feels that this is a good idea then feel free to say it and to have this thread locked as quickly as possible.

I really don't see why students should pay any less than the rest of us.

Fair enough students are skint (but not as skint as you all make out) with loans, fees and whatever, but you're not the only ones with expenses. Fella next-seat-but-one to me brings 3 kids, maybe he should get a discount for the extra half time pies he buys. I pay about £30 in petrol money to get to each home game, how about the club subsidising me for some of that?

Simon :brfc:

Probably direct action is needed rather than petitions . I noticed that Birmingham at home to Stoke the other day attracted less than 16,000 punters - largely due to a boycott because of the prices (although an early kick off won't have helped) . This kind of thing will become more frequent .

In the meantime , Eddie , you could try working for a living .... :unsure:

£30 odd quid for the honour of watching an utterly dire game against the mighty stoke, at 11:30 on a sunday morning.

And then Sullivan had the nerve to criticise the fans

I really don't see why students should pay any less than the rest of us.

Fair enough students are skint (but not as skint as you all make out) with loans, fees and whatever, but you're not the only ones with expenses. Fella next-seat-but-one to me brings 3 kids, maybe he should get a discount for the extra half time pies he buys. I pay about £30 in petrol money to get to each home game, how about the club subsidising me for some of that?

Simon :brfc:

Fair point. My only response to that would be that as a student you can't work as much as you would if you weren't carrying on your studies, so your earning power is much less than others.

Not being funny, but it meant I could watch the game in peace. Could sit for most of the game, and enjoy it. I go for the GAME, not the surrounding chatter. Each to their own.

Good for you for going but why didn't you just stay at home then? - or better still bog off back to Celtic -or is that the reason why you go the Rovers because 'The Bhoys' are too loud for you instead of condemning those who can't afford or chose not to be ripped off.

This just a typical response that typifies the problem with all seater stadium imo.

I would say for the vast majority of my generation that will come out of university heavily in debt it certainly will be. You could easily argue that almost no groups should get discounts, students are as deserving as many others who are considered.

I would say for the vast majority of my generation that will come out of university heavily in debt it certainly will be. You could easily argue that almost no groups should get discounts, students are as deserving as many others who are considered.

You are talking to someone with a £15k student loan +assorted other student associated bills, and who is employed by a University.

So please dont lecture me on student finance Eddie.

It's always wonderful to see when people can only tolerate their own views on a particular subject and are unable to allow others to express themselves.

Has anyone attempted to prevent you expressing yourself Eddie?

Perhaps you could point out where?

Not exactly, just you and your little side-kick making the usual snide comments simply because I may or may not have the opinion or position as you. Particularly easy to do when neither of you are actually expressing an opinion yourselves.

Not exactly, just you and your little side-kick making the usual snide comments simply because I may or may not have the opinion or position as you. Particularly easy to do when neither of you are actually expressing an opinion yourselves.

Ive never even spoken to Mr Weaver so to suggest he is my sidekick is amusing.

Id suggest that what I had done was suggest that life is hard sometimes, the same applies to students. Football tickets are expensive, too expensive in the eyes of the majority. Regardless of current educational status or past educational status.

So, havnt not "prevented you from expressing your view" - which I clearly havnt as you have expressed it, I would actually suggest that it is you being intolerant by simply dismissing any responses you get which disagree with your view in the above fashion.

So Id rather appreciate it if instead of attempting personal attacks that you actually discussed the matter at hand, which is what I have done.

Isnt life a bugger.

You are talking to someone with a £15k student loan +assorted other student associated bills, and who is employed by a University.

So please dont lecture me on student finance Eddie.

Oh come on Stu, he's given us the benefit of lectures on communism, Paris, ex-pats, the European Union, French politics..... it's about time student finance got an airing ;)

Hardly seems to be an attempt to discuss the topic.

Fair point. My only response to that would be that as a student you can't work as much as you would if you weren't carrying on your studies, so your earning power is much less than others.

IF THATS TRUE WHY DO THEY HAVE STUDENT NIGHTS IN PRESTON CHITY CENTER AND HOW DO THEY HAVE MONEY TO GET LASHED UNTIL 3/4AM

Hardly seems to be an attempt to discuss the topic.

Of course it is.

Im suggesting that sooner or later people have to enter the real world, hence the "aint life a bugger" comment.

The second comment is simply a note to yourself that you dont need to give me the sob story about student finances, I have extensive experience of this area both for personal and professional reasons.

If you cant discuss without resorting to chucking your toys out then that is your problem, not mine. My comments are more than reasonable.

Don't know, 'cos I'll be at the Portsmouth match next Sunday..... :unsure:

Apparently Rovers have not received the ticket info yet but the Wanderer's site says £32 top so that's probably what they will want to charge us with senior citizens £22 and juniors £16 :angry:

Archived