BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bye Bye Lonsdale

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If correct Chesh's information would seem to coincide with what we were told at a recent fans forum.

At which we were told (if I can put it as delicately as possible) that the club are fully aware of supporters concerns on this issue and that they are looking at ways to resolve those concerns.

As long as the away shirt is the red and black halved one.

Yes !! yes!! Great news if this is true-- can't wait to get my hands on both

home & away kits for next year! Umbro are a true footballing kit and can

only enhance our beautiful home kit. This news is worth at least an extra

two pints after work this evening!

Cheers all.

that's cheered me up,

I hate the fabric used on this and last seasons home shirt.

it's cheap and as comfortable as mohair! - strangely the black away shirt was a lot comfier.

the 'sale' at the roverstore, could add further weight to the umbro rumours.

http://www.rovers-store.com/Index.pasp

its not just the rovers store every sportsworld is doing the same

I still have my UMBRO shirt from when they made our shirt in the early eighties :D Long Sleeve with the Red Rose instead of the club crest, i would wear it now but unfortunatley it was made for a 5 year old !!! and wouldnt fit over my beer belly.

Christ on a bike, you people can't seriously be happy if this true? Umbro make horrible kits and always have, the recent England kits have been especially rubbish.

Fair enough, last season's Lonsdale efforts were a bit crap but I really like this season's, and the designs for next year look fantastic.

http://www.the-onion-bag.com/image.php?sto...io=2&ft=jpg

http://shinymedia.blogs.com/.shared/image....england_kit.jpg

http://www.shop.evertonfc.com/content/shop...PRODCODE=706793

And if you still need convincing, you should see some of the crap they're selling as branded clothing on their site.

prd_maxzoom_694900-4de.jpgprd_maxzoom_694762-4WS.jpg

http://www.umbro.co.uk/stores/umbro/produc...e.aspx?cid=5324

I think I'd rather have Uhlsport back than Umbro.

all part of the same group: Lonsdale, Umbro, Slazenger, Karrimor, Kangol etc etc the list goes on....

Sports World made money buying knackered old British Companies and trading off the brand names backed up with cheap Far-East imports.

Umbro -v- Lonsdale: what's the difference?

all part of the same group: Lonsdale, Umbro, Slazenger, Karrimor, Kangol etc etc the list goes on....

Sports World made money buying knackered old British Companies and trading off the brand names backed up with cheap Far-East imports.

Umbro -v- Lonsdale: what's the difference?

I was just about to add that. It's been no secret that SWI have been looking for a football brand for a long time (then they don't need to associate a brand long connected with Boxing with football). Assuming they've managed to purchase Umbro then add them to the list of once great brands that are about to turn into sub-chav tat sold from an overstocked jumble sale.

I was just about to add that. It's been no secret that SWI have been looking for a football brand for a long time (then they don't need to associate a brand long connected with Boxing with football). Assuming they've managed to purchase Umbro then add them to the list of once great brands that are about to turn into sub-chav tat sold from an overstocked jumble sale.

Glenn; do you read they Observer financial pages as well then?

ps. good to see in Koln that you don't wear any of the "sub-chav tat"...only quality for you and the Smurf <_<

Wow, if this is true it is good news - Get In (I would have thought that Nike would have had some input on the kit design to which has already been decided?)

What about Nike though and can we take inflateables :ph34r:

Where's Freddy Adu?!

hope this is true. lonsdale makes us look tacky and, hence, a small club. the last decent kit we had was the kappa one, they looked good on the players anyway. (bit tight for the fans though). lonsdale charging £20 a shirt has never been an advantage, you have to buy twice as many and they are absolute dog turd...

YES!!!

If this is true then we have a quality sports company that make quality kits, Umbro have great kits as you have seen with the England shirts, Umbro have great fitting too unlike Lonsdale. I'm size M and bought size M and when i tried it on its was like an XL, @#/? fitting.

And also alot of the chavs wear Lonsdale, not a good image of the club.

Archived