BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 3 Portsmouth 0

roversmum

Probably fortunately, Capt. I'm just hoping somebody in blue and white turns up on the pitch on Sunday.

We've three tough games on the horizon; Europe has gone for now and there is work to be done.

Thing is mrs mum - I was on about this last night - when was the last time we actually played really well at home?

I know its repetitive and I'm not the only one but I am feeling REALLY down this morning and can't see any light at the moment especially after the last 7 or 8 games we have played.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see what side we put out. I would go for:

-----------------McCarthy---Derbyshire

----Pedersen----Tugay--------------------Bentley

--------------------------------Mokoena

------Warnock---Samba-----Nelsen---Emerton

--------------------------Freidel

Dunn and Roberts can (hopefully) provide an impact from the bench. Mokoena needs to play deep and Tugay needs to play about 15 or 20 yards up the pitch from where he usually is in my mind.

I would take a draw: 2-2

With us probably being too far behind in the League to finish in the Uefa Cup places again I just can't raise any enthusiasm for this fixture at all.

All I can think about is trying to beat Arsenal and keeping alive our chances of silverware and contesting the first FA Cup Final at the new Wembley.

Let's not be too pessimistic here folks. I know we are all gutted but Pompey hasn't had a competitive match in two weeks.... let's think about that-- 2 weeks.

They'll be rusty & sparky will have addressed the need to bag this match.

Have a little faith. Of course if we have another cow's arse/banjo scenario-

all bets are off. Seriously thou... we have to see the Euro exit as a bit of a

blessing so we can concentrate on our other 'goals'.

C'mon you Rovers !

Have a little faith. Of course if we have another cow's arse/banjo scenario-

all bets are off. Seriously thou... we have to see the Euro exit as a bit of a

blessing so we can concentrate on our other 'goals'.

Out of the UEFA cup is a complete kick in the swingers, but I agree 100% there's still everything else to play for (also the cow's arse/banjo situation, which we must avoid at all costs).

C'mon you Rovers !

Abosolutely!

Simon

With us probably being too far behind in the League to finish in the Uefa Cup places again I just can't raise any enthusiasm for this fixture at all.

All I can think about is trying to beat Arsenal and keeping alive our chances of silverware and contesting the first FA Cup Final at the new Wembley.

Same here Rev

I admire people's enthusiasm 'get back on yer bick if you fall off' etc - and as Roversmum has said seen it all too many times before and its been a continuous scenario too many times this season with the only turn up in one half performances.

Defeatist - yes I am and still totally and utterly phished off

If Dunn plays Rovers 1 Pompy 3

If Dunn does not play Rovers 1 Pompy 0.

Why the downer on Dunn ? I actually thought he had a reasonable match last night - and worked hard throughout. Most interestingly - he seemed to gain confidence as the game went on. Personally I think he has a mental block at the moment about his previous injuries (understandable) and plays within himself until later in games (when he has built up confidence).

For all the criticism - last night (but for some bad misses and good defending) would have been an ideal european match. We seemed to carry through the same mentallity and organisation in defence that served us so well at Arsenal. Tired or not - I can see us getting a result on Sunday - hopefully winning by the odd goal :rover:

In light of Pompey's lack of games in the last 2 weeks and our Cup games its going to rely on Hughes astute selection & use of subs to get a result this time. McCarthy has looked a bit below par lately so maybe a good time to give Roberts & Derbyshire a start. Roberts needs to score soon if he's going to make a success of himself this season - maybe this match will be the one. Midfield I think Tugay & Dunn will both do well to last 90 mins but I'd start them both before wasting Bentley in the middle or starting Mokoena (but I wont be suprised if Mokoena & Dunn start with Tugay on the bench). If Gallagher is fit I'd have him on the bench as well.

Friedel

Emerton - Nelsen - Samba - Warnock

Bentley - Tugay - Dunn - MGP

Roberts - Derbyshire

subs - Brown, Berner, Mokoena, Gallagher, McCarthy

1-1

Roberts; LuaLua

att. 21,352

Sparky says we need around 8 wins to get a top 6 finish, but i can only see us winning around 6 but you never know!

Portsmouth - H - Win

Bolton - A - Lose

West Ham - H - Win

Man Ure - H - Lose

Aston Villa - H - Win

Spurs - A - Lose No matter how well we play we're stil gonna lose!

Watford - H - Win

Fulham - A - Draw

Charlton - H - Win

Newcastle - A - Draw

Reading - H - Win

1-1 i reckon

Pedders for us, cant see much between the two teams, striking wise both teams are poor and with the two Goalies and Defences on show 0-0 could be a very likely scoreline

Cant see many turning up either, back to my usual position on the leather seats in the middle of the JW Stand :) lol

Archived