BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 3 Portsmouth 0

roversmum

In retrospect, I did wonder if Harry's half time change made a difference, just as it did when he came with Southampton and took Le Saux off at half time, which really helped us win that game.

Harry seemed to be going mad at Davies for not staying back and letting Debyshire break for the 2nd goal and he took him off at half time. They were certainly more dangerous in the first half, when they went very close on a number of occassions. Coincidence or not, it did get me wondering, especially as 34 is best remembered for being lucky not to be sent off.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess it takes one to know one eh cock? :P

Certainly heavy irony in this observation from the serial moaner who dedicated an entire thread to his personal but ultimately unsupported whinge.

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?showtopic=16000&st=0

Made sure I was on time on Sunday, just in case the traffic around Ewood had come to a complete standstill with all those dedicated fans. Set off a whole hour earlier and guess what?

And you moan about folk leaving early. Better early than never eh?

Would make it easier for them to break into pubs aswell.. :rolleyes:

Good game, thoroughly enjoyed it - let's hope we can get the same start against Arsenal on Wednesday!

Ah Hebiegebies! I didn't break in, the window was open, i just helped it on it's way. Like a shadow in the night until the alarm went off!

Bloody Simon B)

Commenting on this thread, would mean that I'm basically going to repeat what everyone said, so I'll try leave it out. I only arrived back last night since arriving over on Thursday.

A fantastic performance from Rovers who tore Pompey to shreads, but in fairness they made us look good on occasions. The lads got stuck in and worked their asses off with some real neat exchanges. The defence were brilliant and if Samba played for the full 90 minutes, then it looked as though he would take the MOTM award. Mokena and Henchoz had easily their best game for Rovers and looked to be comfortable on the ball which is a relief. Warnock never fails to impress and said to him on Thursday that his goal will come very shortly, but didn't expect it as quick. He reminds me of Lucash when going forward, but in a far better fashion. He's delightfully quick on the ball and soon we will see him go on a mazy run and beat 2 or 3 players (like Nissa) and score one hell of a goal.

Emerton has come good and little did we think he would still be here since after the World Cup, with the way the events unfolded. Bentley again was in his own class and worked his socks off. I don't think I need to say too much more about Nonda and Derbyshire, but the lads all performed extremely well and was gutted for Nonda that he never scored his hat-trick. His lay-off to Warnock was superb for the 3rd goal.

I feel that the subs played well when they got on and Roberts never looked off pace. Infact he impressed me quite a bit. Dunnie done alright and as we said he should have scored but blazed the ball over the bar, however his goal will come shortly.

Finally I though David James' had a very strong 2nd half and got involved with the banter with the Blackburn fans. Great time had by all and good to meet up with the ones I did from this message board. Top people.

I'm not! ......... It was his own bloody fault for taking a 'training ground' penalty wasn't it?

I'm similarly disappointed for him. A hattrick would have been great for his confidence - it seems that every time he performs well its bittwersweet for him on a personal level - brace at the weekend and missed a penalty, brace at the Emirates but we got a tonking etc.

I'd love to see him get the only goal in a 1-0 win tonight.

I'm not! ......... It was his own bloody fault for taking a 'training ground' penalty wasn't it?

Do you seriously not think that it would have added to his confidence, not forgetting our goal-difference for the end of season run-in??

Now if you compare his goals to games ratio with Benni, then it has for interesting reading.

McCARTY

Total Appearances: 35(2) Total Goals: 15

Premiership: 26(0) Goals: 10

NONDA

Total Appearances: 22(9) Total Goals: 8

Premiership: 16(6) Goals: 7

DERBYSHIRE

Total Appearances: 8(10) Total Goals: 5

Premiership: 4(9) Goals: 2

Benni has gone off the boil a wee bit whereas Nonda is fresh from scoring away in Leverkusen and his brace against Pompey. It looks as though he could serve up a few more goals against Arsenal as he has done before and give us a huge chance in progressing into the quarter-final of FA Cup. I've also been very impressed with Matty and with him turning 21 in April it just goes to show what kind of future he has with us. With his recent form I can only see young Gallagher leave for pastures new at the end of the season, which will be a real shame.

- - - - -

BTW did you all see the team that Pompey played in last night away to Dorking? It looks as though they played a stronger team last night compared to the one they played at Ewood on Sunday. They romped home 7-0 with a few spectular goals, with LuaLua scoring arguably goal of the game. A hat-trick from Svetoslav Todorov and further goals from Matt Taylor, Roudolphe Douala and Benjani completed the scoring.

The match was in aid of Stuart Vaughan whose terminal cancer had touched the Pompey manager and led him to field such a strong line-up. Sol Campbell did not feature in the match but turned up to lend his support to Stuart's evening. They led 5-0 at the break on a mud-soddened pitch as Harry Redknapp put out a strong squad for the first half which included Taylor, Glen johnson, Andy O'Brien, Dejan Stefanovic, Douala, Richard Hughes, Todorov and LuaLua. Fair play to Pompey to support such a worthy cause.

Archived