BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 6th Round

Of course it's all mute if we don't get past I did not see it Wengers L'Arse BUT City at home is winnable it would be a really big feather in our cap if we could be the first FA Cup winners at the new Wembley. How great would that be, methinks I'd rather have that than the EUFA Cup.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
P.S. Didn't we also beat Citeh and (an understrength) Arsenal en route to winning the Worthington Cup?

We did indeed Simon, 2-0 and 4-0 respectively.

matty jansen scored a memorable hatrick in the 4-0 stuffing of le arse i remember :brfc:

as for the draw, there is an incentive to beat arsenal in the replay, man city home in the next round won't be easy but after 4-2 and 3-0 victories over them this season we would be favorites to progress to the semi's.

the biggest incentive though imo is to play at wembley, i've seen the pics and it looks awesome.

i had a dream lastnight that we won the fa cup this year, a tugay hatrick in the first 18 minitues, tears of happiness everywhere.

first lets get arsenal out the way, we owe them a beating after that semi final defeat at the millennium.

P.S. Didn't we also beat Citeh and (an understrength) Arsenal en route to winning the Worthington Cup?

Arsenal team we beat 4-0........ Taylor ,Tavlaridis (Halls ,82 ) ,Keown ,Upson ,Edu ,Grimandi ,Pennant (Aliadiere ,64 ) ,Inamoto (Stepanovs ,45 ) ,Van Bronckhorst ,Wiltord ,Kanu

At the risk of getting all optimistic (perish the thought), that looks about as 'understrength' as we'll face in the replay.

I don't think they will be. I think last year they were at neutral grounds and the first Wembley game is this years final.

Was disappointed we played our semi final at the Millenium stadium, having grown up watching semis played across the country in tight nit, close to the action stadiums.

So, this year is not only the first new Wembley final for the FA cup. It's also the last of the semi finals to be played at neutral club grounds. The romance is back, that's for sure.

All this beat City talk is a bit too premature; we must beat Arsenal first. A team that murdered Liverpool twice in a week, a team that tried everything they could not to beat Bolton last week, and a team that has put 8 goals past us so far this season. It will be very hard for us to do but I think that now is a good as an opportunity as we'll get for a while against them.

(what are the odds on them fielding a seriously weakened side?)

What do you consider "seriously weakened"? They could conceivably put out this side that could do a job against most teams:

Almunia, Hoyte, Toure (he always plays), Djourou, Armand Traore, Walcott, Diaby, Denilson, Flamini, Baptista, Aliadiere.

Instead of:

Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Hleb, Fabregas, Rosicky, Ljungberg, Henry, Adebayor.

IF we beat Arsenal our game will be live on Skysports vs Man City.

Is that good news or bad because it might affect the attendance

Do you know whether this will be a Saturday or a Sunday?

L'Arse got beat tonight at PSV however from the hightlights it apeared they dominated the game.

Do you know whether this will be a Saturday or a Sunday?

L'Arse got beat tonight at PSV however from the hightlights it apeared they dominated the game.

That must have been creative editing, Jordan. I watched the last 75 minutes of the match and it

appeared PSV did very well for themselves, of course-- a typical Titi bottle job certainly did help.

Arsenal looked very uninspired & listless and once PSV put the body to them they lacked the will

to fight. At no point from Mendes' goal (62nd. minute) did Le'Arse look a danger to equalize.....

Here's hoping they don't discover their fighting spirit in the next week..... :unsure:

Archived