SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 0 Bayer Leverkusen 0

Paul

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got this from Rovers text service: -

Morten Gamst Pedersen, Benni McCarthy and Tugay are all fit for Thursday night's match against Leverkusen.

Aaron Mokoena misses out, serving a one match suspension

tidy news though losing the axe is blow imo as he has been doing alright of late.

i expect us to line up with:

friedel

emerton zurab nelsen warnock

bentley dunn tugay gamst

derbyshire mCcarthy

subs, brown, henchoz, todd, gallagher, peter, nonda and roberts.

we will be well up for this, the germans won't know what hit them :brfc:

Yep and the ticket office are advising those who want more than one person sat next to each other to get tickets in the Darwen End. Presumably the upper tier will be shut however? Guess Leverkusen won't bring too many fans.

More than Salzburg, Krakow and Nancy put together.

Don't know how many that means though.

We have a really good chance of qualifing after the two goals we scored in Leverkusen. We will have to be solid defensively because if they were to score, we'd be in trouble. Does anyone know if their first choice defensive pairing of Roque Junior and Juan will be playing? If they were playing they would be very strong at the back, making it more difficult for us to get the goal we need to qualify.

I'm confident that we can win and progress to play Lens. Rovers to win 2-0, with Benni and Pedersen scoring.

Rovers should play with a back four Brett Zhurab Ryan Steven.. just in front Tugay to his left Gamst to his right David B just in front of Tugay David D left and right Benni and Jason to rough up their two central defenders before Matt and Gally seal the game 2 1 breathtaking.

I saw Rovers in Rotterdam, we know how to play "European Football" it begins with a capital P Patience.

The crowd is of immense importance in setting an "intimidating" atmosphere - much like their fans did in in the first leg.

Get behind the team.. but be "supportively patient" I've got to watch it here in Berlin..

so if a roof from Berlin lands in Ewood.. you know who it is

2 1

Come on you blues.. it would be a great way to celebrate my 50th season as a Rovers fan... started in 1957.. that was an early KO.. the magic of the lights.. the noise.. the emotion.. and here I am 50 years later

PS Brad the man behind the back four... and after seeing the two keepers on show at the Nou Camp tonight... well...

Not wishing to scaremonger but as I posted on the other Leverkusen thread set off as early as possible for tonights game because the traffic around the M65 J4 will be a nightmare. I want to read about our great performance tommorow, not people moaning who thought they'd sail straight to the ground at 5.45pm despite the fact they could have set off earlier.

Archived