BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hughes And Mccarthy Fallen Out?

Guest Kamy100

If it was just (discounted) season tickets that paid for the players, you'd still be watching Bobby Svarc and Joe Craig upfront, so I'm not sure why you feel the need to mention the fact you have a season ticket in almost every post replying to one of us overseas fans.

Overseas TV rights - paid for by USABlue, me and a few hundred million others - contribute more to Benni's wedge and also play a key role in attracting the great footballers for the global exposure. Or perhaps you believe that Benni and Santa were attracted by the thought of performing for 14,000 tartan rug clad die-hards huddled around their thermoses?

mmmm thats just pure (please do not use that word again)

asuming that you pay the same as someone in england taking skysports ------- say £200 per year (footabll season only)

75% subscriptions end up with clubs = £150 per year

divided by 20 clubs = £7.50 per club

but money is skewed to league piosition so probably £5 to BRFC and £10 to MUFC!

multiply the number by 2, 5 or 10! You still look stupid.

Who is the (please do not use that word again) now??????????????????????????????

FIFE!!! Stop paying your money to the status quo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mmmm thats just pure (please do not use that word again)

asuming that you pay the same as someone in england taking skysports ------- say £200 per year (footabll season only)

Who is the ((please do not use that word again)) now??????????????????????????????

He wasn't talking about just himself or anyone individually you jagoff. Reread his post:

"Overseas TV rights - paid for by USABlue, me and a few hundred million others.........."

That contribution is larger than that of the season ticket holders to the club's bottom line. It doesn't mean anybody is entitled to a larger or louder voice with regards to dealing with or discussing the club. Such arguments are absurd. It would be nice if a few certain season ticket holders on this board, as well as a some others here who like to brag about watching 20+ 3rd Division games a year on a cold terrace decades ago :wacko:, would stop behaving as if such accomplishments :lol: entitled them to behave in such a snooty manner. :rolleyes:

He wasn't talking about just himself or anyone individually you jagoff. Reread his post:

"Overseas TV rights - paid for by USABlue, me and a few hundred million others.........."

That contribution is larger than that of the season ticket holders to the club's bottom line. It doesn't mean anybody is entitled to a larger or louder voice with regards to dealing with or discussing the club. Such arguments are absurd. It would be nice if a few certain season ticket holders on this board, as well as a some others here who like to brag about watching 20+ 3rd Division games a year on a cold terrace decades ago :wacko:, would stop behaving as if such accomplishments :lol: entitled them to behave in such a snooty manner. :rolleyes:

Amen.

McKenzie is the single most exceptional talent I ever saw in a Rovers shirt- so many things that lad did are etched forever in my memory.

There speaks a man who never saw Bryan Douglas play, or Mike Ferguson for that matter.

If it was just (discounted) season tickets that paid for the players, you'd still be watching Bobby Svarc and Joe Craig upfront, so I'm not sure why you feel the need to mention the fact you have a season ticket in almost every post replying to one of us overseas fans.

Overseas TV rights - paid for by USABlue, me and a few hundred million others - contribute more to Benni's wedge and also play a key role in attracting the great footballers for the global exposure. Or perhaps you believe that Benni and Santa were attracted by the thought of performing for 14,000 tartan rug clad die-hards huddled around their thermoses?

Ive bit my tongue but seeing as others are involved i think its time to speak.

So what you live abroad and are a rover.

1.why do you get off on thinking your a better fan than season ticket holders.

2.Im sure players dont take into account when signing for us that hey it will good at blackburn because canadians tune in.

3.when was the last time we had 14000 on ,let alone drinking from thermos flasks or using rugs.

This is something I can comment on as an overseas fan,as you know im a huge denver fan and ive spent more on watching them than a season ticket holder because of air tickets and scalpers and merchandise .I WOULD NEVER EVER GO ON A BRONCO BOARD AND START A WILLY WAVING ARGUMENT ON WHO IS A BETTER FAN ME OR THEM.

So its wrong to to chat about games people attended in bygone times?well ive news for you its our history ,just because you probably didnt know know where blackburn was 30 years ago doesnt mean we didnt exist...

JHC.....WHERE HAS THIS HOME V ABROAD CRAP STARTED FROM???

There speaks a man who never saw Bryan Douglas play, or Mike Ferguson for that matter.

I did but I was very young and Douglas was at the end of his career.

The good thing about the posts discussing the validity of other posters is that hopefully it will bring more tolerance all round. I have been guilty of some intemperate growlings so am self-admonished.

2.Im sure players dont take into account when signing for us that hey it will good at blackburn because canadians tune in.

3.when was the last time we had 14000 on ,let alone drinking from thermos flasks or using rugs.

This is something I can comment on as an overseas fan,as you know im a huge denver fan and ive spent more on watching them than a season ticket holder because of air tickets and scalpers and merchandise .I WOULD NEVER EVER GO ON A BRONCO BOARD AND START A WILLY WAVING ARGUMENT ON WHO IS A BETTER FAN ME OR THEM.

Well said Abbey. I think a few more people need to read this before complaining about "the other side". Everybody supports the club and everybody makes certain financial sacrifices wherever they may be.

FTR, although people seem to have taken it as such, I didn't interpret Tris's post as saying he was somehow more entitled to an opinion because he has a season ticket. It was simply an example of what kind of effect Benni McCarthy can have on a person and why he's a good thing for this football club.

Thanks Abbey.

We are all Rovers fans, we follow them in our own way but it doesn't make one of us better or worse than any other fan.

Jim, I suspect you could be on a wind-up. I'm telling nurse to hide your wheelchair today ;) naughty.

mmmm thats just pure ((please do not use that word again))

Who is the ((please do not use that word again)) now??????????????????????????????

Status Quo!!? I have never paid a penny to them; haven't even heard of them for years. Mind you, I did quite like some of their stuff. ;)

Absolutely spot on there Jim! You just cannot convey to the people who never saw what football used to be like 50 or more years ago the sheer skill posessed by so many players at that time. It was an absolute requirement just to become a professional player that your skills on the ball were such that today the same skills are regarded as extraordinary.

People rave about Ronaldo as the "World's best player". He has great pace and a couple of tricks to get him past his man; that's it!! Compare that with Finney or Mathews or Douglas or "jinky" Johnson and a whole host more.

Well said Abbs! It's not very often I find myself in complete agreement with you, but you have hit the nail on the head there alright!

Another man who never saw Douglas play :lol::lol:

I saw Douglas play alright and was very glad when he went to Leeds, never a Premiership player..................... :tu:

.............oh, you mean THE Douglas? Of course I saw him play and I know that you know I did! :glare: I was at his testimonial, as indeed you were.

Forget the cricket thing. I don't need to look in any record books to know how England usually fare against the Aussies. :lol:

So its wrong to to chat about games people attended in bygone times?well ive news for you its our history ,just because you probably didnt know know where blackburn was 30 years ago doesnt mean we didnt exist...

Hey 2 Lombardis - Reread my post! It would be nice if a few certain season ticket holders on this board, as well as a some others here who like to brag about watching 20+ 3rd Division games a year on a cold terrace decades ago , would stop behaving as if such accomplishments entitled them to behave in such a snooty manner.

Now where in that do I say we shouldn't talk about our past?

In plain English it means:

Don't be condescending to people who disagree with you just because once upon a time your feet froze to the concrete of the old Nuttall Street stand while we were losing 0-4 to Barnsley or Colchester.

show me one ONE example of me being condesending....

you said about US who have been there in the 3rd divison ,that we shouldnt talk about it because it makes us SNOOTY....well sorry if it upsets you but we do reminise in life dont tell me you never do.

I don't have an issue with those who can't attend because they live abroad or in other too distant parts of the country or who go to as many matches as they can reasonably afford but not all because they simply can't afford it. My issues are over local fans who could attend but choose not to because they'd rather sit at home and then complain because we don't get the players they think we should have etc. It's not just about your money not going directly to our club: it's that given a choice players would rather play in front of a full house and if you want better players you have to show you appreciate them. The majority of them, even the most arrogant, have very fragile egos and need our support. I don't care if you can remember football in the 60's although I can just. I don't care if you're the newest fan ever. I care if you could come to Ewood and don't because that's why it's so easy for the powers that be to ignore fans and think we're not important. It's why we can't expect our best players to stay and sometimes it's why we get the poor reffing decisions and poor player perfomances we see. If you are a supporter you support, attending whenever you can. I only go to Lorient about 5 or 6 times a year because I live here in the North west and don't spend more than 9 weeks in a year in Brittany but I go whenver I can and so feel I have the right to call myself a supporter.

show me one ONE example of me being condesending....

you said about US who have been there in the 3rd divison ,that we shouldnt talk about it because it makes us SNOOTY....well sorry if it upsets you but we do reminise in life dont tell me you never do.

I didn't say you were being condescending. I was backing up Exiled's argument with regards to overseas TV right's and its value to the club's bottom line when compared to season ticket sales. Which was followed by: (once again reread my fist post): It doesn't mean anybody is entitled to a larger or louder voice with regards to dealing with or discussing the club. Such arguments are absurd. I then backed it up with the original statement that you seem to have a hard time comprehending. I DID NOT SAY that talking about 3rd Division days makes you snooty. I said that it would be nice if some here stopped acting like they're entitled to behave snooty towards others just because they were at Ewood in the late 60's to mid 80's. If you took that statement personally then pound sand.

Here; I'll help you with where the lines are in life: Winning 5 Superbowls instead of just 2 does entitle someone to be snooty. ;):P:D:lol:B)

In plain English it means:

Don't be condescending to people who disagree with you just because once upon a time your feet froze to the concrete of the old Nuttall Street stand while we were losing 0-4 to Barnsley or Colchester.

Whilst I agree with where you are coming from, we used to get splinters in our bums in the Nuttall Street.

Forget the cricket thing. I don't need to look in any record books to know how England usually fare against the Aussies. :lol:

And only a twisted individual would take any pleasure from it. :lol:

Presumably you'll be laughing too if/when Rovers lose their next match :lol::wstu:

Whilst I agree with where you are coming from, we used to get splinters in our bums in the Nuttall Street.

Not if you were in the enclosure with the rain pouring down your neck off the Nuttall St stand.

You must have been posh sitting in the stand :rolleyes:

It's been around a long time Abs, trust me I've heard it many times. Even been told I'm not a proper fan cause I don't go to games. Mmmm. Me? well I think a decade of watching Rovers home and away trudging around the lower echelons of the football league, watching us at places that now grace the non league well that IMHO makes me a fan.

No better than anyone who watches now but certainly no less a fan. I've loved Rovers with a passion since the first time I went and that will never stop, tell me I'm not a fan to my face but please be sure you have your dental appointment lined up before hand :D

Archived