BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hughes And Mccarthy Fallen Out?

Guest Kamy100

Can all you infantile gimps please calm down? I came on this thread to read more about this new contract offered to Benni, and instead of useful information I get so-called adults behaving like a 'Big 4' fan. I don't care who started it, but please stop it. The only Douglas and Ferguson I have seen play for Rovers were crap, and soon effed off to Yorkshire and Glasgow. That is because I have the sheer audacity of being young(ish), and spending my youth abroad. Does that mean I have less of a right to rate players than those whose plumbing is worse due to time? no. Roversmum was right, we are all fans of the same team, so stop bitching like 16 year old girls.

Anyway, what is this I hear about Benni getting a new contract?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolutely spot on there Jim! You just cannot convey to the people who never saw what football used to be like 50 or more years ago the sheer skill posessed by so many players at that time. It was an absolute requirement just to become a professional player that your skills on the ball were such that today the same skills are regarded as extraordinary.

People rave about Ronaldo as the "World's best player". He has great pace and a couple of tricks to get him past his man; that's it!! Compare that with Finney or Mathews or Douglas or "jinky" Johnson and a whole host more.

Granted I am far too young to have seen Finney or Douglas play so I'm not going to get into an argument about whether they were better but I cannot take your views that seriously if you think that's all Ronaldo is. He's scoring near enough 40 odd goals this season FROM THE WING, his free kicks are ridiculous, actually I could go on but surely I don't need to. It's still early in his career right now so we can't draw any conclusions but if he carries on at anything near this level for the next few years he'll quite rightly be considered one of the best ever.

Archived