BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who's For The Drop?

Jim J

I've said it all season and I still think City could go down. Sheffield United are far from safe either as they've started a tough run of matches, at the end of which they could be in real trouble.

Watford aren't good enough, I'm not sure Charlton are either but they'll scrap and give themselves a chance. West Ham are certainly good enough to stay up, and I feel they're capable of getting on a run if they can string a couple of good results together, but it's hard to see them doing that at the moment.

My three: Watford, Charlton, Manchester City.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wham have to find 3 wins and a draw just to catch up with Wigans points total after todays games.

Looking at their remaining fixtures it does not look too good for them.

home games versus Spurs, Boro, Chelsea, Everton and Bolton

away games versus Rovers, Arsenal, Sheff Utd, WIGAN and Manure.

I kept thinking Wham would start to go on a run about a month to six weeks ago - but they simply haven't.

Imo they're drawing completely dead now with only 20 points and just seven winnable games left. They'll get nowt out of Chelsea, ManUre or Arsenal and a stunning run of two points a game from the other seven fixtures (which I definitely can't see them getting) would still only give them 34 points.

Watford are also gone imo. Charlton might have a sqeak if they can find another couple of wins quickly from somewhere but even then it's a big ask.

The likes of Wigan Sheff Utd. and Citeh probably only need to cobble together another six or seven points from ten, ten and twelve games respectively.

i would say the bottom 3 as it stands right now are in a whole heap of trouble. especially now that wigan have opened up that gap, between them and the last relegation place...what is it, 6 or 9 pts now. with ten games to go that is going to be very difficult to pull back and i think in the coming weeks wigan play two of the bottom 3, so when those games are complete, then if wigan do get points, then it is all over for the teams at the bottom.

Think it'll be the London teams going down, hopefully. Especially want Charlton and Wet Spam to go down. Less London teams in the Premier the better, although will probably lead to the media fawning over the big 4 even more plus Spuds and the barcodes.

West Ham and Watford are gone. Charlton have a lot to do but there next three fixtures could make it interesting - Watford (A), Newcastle (H), Wigan (H) - all very winable games. City and Wigan might not be safe just yet.

At start of the season I felt West Ham were going to do well (good players & big signings), Charlton I thought were just too experienced to suffer.

In Watford, Reading & Sheff Utd I saw lambs to the slaughter, I just hope that awful second season syndrome kicks in.

The lesson I have learnt from all this - everyone outside the top 4 are vulnerable and having the right manager and attitude at the football club is very important. Clubs who come up are used to winning, are unknown quantities and thier crowds have low expectations and as such celebrate success better than most but more importantly tolerate bad patches.

Hughes has great ambition which has benefited us immensely, but ultimately he will want to reach the top of the tree. The importance of finding the right replacement when that time comes can not be emphasised enough.

I have us finshing 8th of 54 points. Some 10 points from European football.

Wigan down. Charlton stay up with 38 points.

Well, according to BBC predictor thingy.

I've managed to use it to get West Ham, Watford and Fulham to get relegated, and Rovers to end up 5th!

wham have 9 games left with visits to Arsenal and manure plus chelsea at home, that little lot will gross them nil points leaving them 6 games to gain 18 points that will give them 38 points and a chance of safety.

Bearing in mind they have Rovers and Sheff u away plus everton and bolton at home I dont think they can do anything about it now.

I have now got it to 3 from 4 bringing city into the equation which I thought wasnt possible last week. Looking at their own games they will struggle and have must win games versus watford and charlton, villa and fulham to give them half a chance as they still have arsenal, chelsea, liverpool and manure to play !

Its all fun stuff, if your at the bottom !!!! <_<

wham have 9 games left with visits to Arsenal and manure plus chelsea at home, that little lot will gross them nil points leaving them 6 games to gain 18 points that will give them 38 points and a chance of safety.

Bearing in mind they have Rovers and Sheff u away plus everton and bolton at home I dont think they can do anything about it now.

I have now got it to 3 from 4 bringing city into the equation which I thought wasnt possible last week. Looking at their own games they will struggle and have must win games versus watford and charlton, villa and fulham to give them half a chance as they still have arsenal, chelsea, liverpool and manure to play !

Its all fun stuff, if your at the bottom !!!! <_<

Agree with you about West Ham. I really cannot see them getting even 30 points. The way their players and fans acted aat the final whistle it was like they had just been relegated. Players were in teams whereas lucash was thinking about his next move and pay packet.

Have you just watched Andy Gray's final word? Thats exactly what he just said! :)

But I think West Ham and Watford are gone. Hopefully Charlton will go as well, but they could scrape themselves out.

Our home game against West Ham will be interesting with Lucash.....they will have 4/5,000+ fans at Ewood without doubt.

I hope it will be embarassing for Neill, with Rovers homing in on a top eight finish and West Ham condemned to the drop. But then our record agains the bottom three is absolutely appalling!

Those were away games though werent they ?

Now its our turn to wreak havoc and revenge and to send them all spiralling downwards starting with lucash week on Saturday prime time viewing :rover:

Now then bring on lucash who was lucky to survive a 10 card ban, lets hope he stays injury free for his Rovers return.

as for there being 4/5000 wham fans ? I dont think they ever had that at the height of their fame and cannot see for the life of me why that quantity of pie and mash eating muppets would want to venture north on a saturday evening to see them condemned to yet another defeat as Rovers are on the march back into Europe.

They way they are playing does nothing for confidence and they are as wide open at the back as Rovers were early season

Assuming Citeh get a draw from their game in hand against Villa (they will get slaughtered by Chelsea in their other game in hand), there is an 11 point gap and goal difference between West Ham/Watford and Prem football next season.

They are gone and I have that horrible feeling they will play with the verve and freedom of knowing there is nothing to play for when they come to Ewood.

Charlton are still in with a shout so long as Citeh contiunue their horrible run. Fulham, Wigan and Sheff U will continue picking up points here and there. If Citeh do pick up (and I think they will), making up 7 points plus goal difference over the remaining 9 games is a near impossibility for the Valiants.

Have to say I am amazed to see Villa down there and I reckon their visit to Ewood is a nailed-on draw.

Rovers just have to get 9 points at Ewood when West Ham, Watford and Charlton are the visitors to be serious UEFA contenders through our league position (and pay for the £1m cut in gate receipts through placement money). Not an easy task.

I dont think its not beyone the realms of possibilities that we may see Rovers beat Villa, Watford, Charlton, Wham and Reading at Ewood giving us a nice haul of 15 points. Remember M Hughes stated that we may have to win 8 games to qualify for europe via the league and that was before Pompy and Bolton, where we have maxed 6 points.

Remember noone expects us to get anyting at manure, probably spuds whereas at Newcastle and fulham we could gain a few. Say if we get 5 points from our travels and max at home thats 20 points easily seeing us qualify for EUFA, we may not need it cause of we dispose of City and then draw the lesser team in the semi (watford/plymouth) then europe is a certainty, relieving us of the league position pressure in order to qualify.

We will definately be in the mix :brfc:

Archived