BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ticket Ordering Woes

Guest Kamy100

If you know already know what button to press at the end of the 3 or 4 minutes then you could try pressing it at the start rather than waiting for the recorded message to prompt you. Should save you a bit of time!

Alternativly press one (for ticket office) and then 9 and you will go through to the next available operator.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing it by post works just fine for me.

But if you want to join the phone queue and the credit card surcharge then feel free..

I suppose you want your baked beans on toast right now too.

Give it to me now now now now.

I want it now! Immediately.

Take it easy.

Colin,

1.Apply by post ......to-day? Ok, should do it earlier but I didn't & I queued on Sunday but ran out of time.

2.Yes I want it NOW because I haven't got the time to waste at work.

3. TAKE IT EASY! ME! I CAN'T!

Baked beans on toast? Is that Finbarr Saunders thingy? :unsure:

We used to have a fantastic on-line booking system a few years ago, you could actually pick which seat you wanted to sit in....what happened? :huh:

Are you sure about that? I think it's what the club want to achieve but I'm not sure we ever had it?

I'm a staunch supporter of the TO but I did get a bit fed up Saturday. I was doing the usual Saturday morning thing of taxiing the kids everywhere, realised I'd forgotten to buy Arsenal tickets so phoned from the car (handsfree). Found I was 15th in the queue, drove to Preston and moved to 14th!!! Decided to drive to Ewood as this would be simpler. Didn't have the STs with me which the lady at the window wanted; offered my name, post code and ST numbers. This was not enough as she needed the seat and row numbers - now I know where we sit but I'm a bit hazy about the actual numbers, especially for my lad who's in the BBE. Anyway I managed to guess correctly and got the tickets after being warned they might not be avaiable now!!

The thing which always puzzles me, and did again on Saturday, is there never seems to be a consistent bit of info the TO ask for. I thought name, postcode and ST number would clinch it but apparently not.

BTW anyone know why ST holders had to have their STs physically checked going into the Family Stand on Sunday?

BTW anyone know why ST holders had to have their STs physically checked going into the Family Stand on Sunday?

Turnstiles werent working correctly. Suspect that they were checking that no adults were entering on junior tickets.

Are you sure about that? I think it's what the club want to achieve but I'm not sure we ever had it?

I'm a staunch supporter of the TO but I did get a bit fed up Saturday. I was doing the usual Saturday morning thing of taxiing the kids everywhere, realised I'd forgotten to buy Arsenal tickets so phoned from the car (handsfree). Found I was 15th in the queue, drove to Preston and moved to 14th!!! Decided to drive to Ewood as this would be simpler. Didn't have the STs with me which the lady at the window wanted; offered my name, post code and ST numbers. This was not enough as she needed the seat and row numbers - now I know where we sit but I'm a bit hazy about the actual numbers, especially for my lad who's in the BBE. Anyway I managed to guess correctly and got the tickets after being warned they might not be avaiable now!!

The thing which always puzzles me, and did again on Saturday, is there never seems to be a consistent bit of info the TO ask for. I thought name, postcode and ST number would clinch it but apparently not.

Paul,

Simon garner is right - our online booking system used to be fantastic.

You had the ability not only to choose the area, but it also showed every seat, with a cross through the unavailable seats.

This meant that you could click each seat you wanted and then these would appear with a croos too.

I think you had 5 minutes to complete the transaction before your chosen seats went back on sale.

1. The best Thing About This System?
It was LIVE

You didnt need to wait in a queue!

You didnt need to speak to anyone from the TO

IT WORKED!

But we dont have it anymore :angry:

They should tell you how long the queue is straightaway..I think the bottleneck at the moment may be caused by the on line booking sysytem not being available at the moment for certain matches so there should be extra staff to take the calls..the sale of an extra three or four tickets otherwise unsold would surely merit the cost

Didn't have the STs with me which the lady at the window wanted; offered my name, post code and ST numbers. This was not enough as she needed the seat and row numbers - now I know where we sit but I'm a bit hazy about the actual numbers, especially for my lad who's in the BBE. Anyway I managed to guess correctly and got the tickets after being warned they might not be avaiable now!!

That's interesting Paul, I picked up 4 Arsenal tickets for season ticket holders the other day and only had the patron numbers. I was asked for seat numbers but didn't have them all. Anyway, I got the tickets so it would seem that the system can cope. Maybe the lady who served you just couldn't be bothered. Thinking about it I think I've always used the patron numbers for tickets, doesn't seem a lot of point having them on the season ticket if they can't be used for that reason.

When I rang up the other day for PORTSMOUTH (?!?) I was at number 1 in the queue for about ten minutes. Now this either means they had loads of particularly time-wasting customers, or they have one telephone. In the end I decided to just go down on the day and hope that I could get a decent seat near to someone who I wanted to sit with.

As it happens there wasnt really a problem.......

u must of been very lucky. i am having no joy at all

did u manage to get a ticket for the bolton game, if so did they say how many are left

Dont know how many tickets left didn`t ask, answering machine message said allocation of 1700, only needed two!

My friend was held in a queue for 8 minutes the other day before hanging up. The end result is seven less bums on seats for the Arsenal game.

The club really cannot afford this situation it's ridiculous. It's all well and good people saying just apply by post but in this day and age you should be able to buy easily by phone or online. We cannpt afford to make it difficult for people to but tickets.

I think that you should bring this to the attention of John Williams/Tom Finn.

Blackburn cannot please everyone, but I can say hand on heart that I've never had a problem at the ticket-office and are doing a fantastic job there. Nice to see the wee tent/marquee up as well so that some people can keep dry.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Feb 27 2007, 13:23 ) 493486[/snapback]
give the ticket office a ring and ask

i would ask them if i can bloody get through to speak to them. I have tried 8 times now and have had no joy.

My phone bill is going to cost more then my bloody tickets. I think the club must sort this out quickly because they are loosing customers because of this.

Couldn't the club build in some flexibility with their staffing levels so at peak times staff from other admin areas could answer ticket office calls.

I waited over fiften minutes to get served after starting at number seven in the queue, I called at lunchtime and realise that's a busy time but I work 8.30 to 5.30 so that's the only time I can call.

Archived