BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Season Ticket 07/08

Season Tickets 07/08  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing?

• I'm a non season ticket holder, but will get one.
    • I will be renewing in my current seat.
    • I will be renewing, but in another section.
    • I'm not renewing, but will go to more games.
    • I'm unable to attend Ewood, but good idea.
    • My names Vinjay I dont live in the real world

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the sig Ste B

I am over the moon at this, was talking to paal about his season ticket and i was tempted at £270 last season. Assuming the price slash applies to young adults the price of around £200 means i can actually very seriously look at making the purchase.

More than this i will most likely be buying my first season ticket for next season as even if i miss a few mid-week games it will still be worth it overall.

A big thank you to the club for investing in the fans.

Well Rovers really have delivered on this one. There can't be a single excuse left for the stay-aways.

On the other hand the Glaziers are providing a prime example of the idiocy which lead to the current exhorbitant ticket prices:

A paragraph of the (Manchester United) business plan reads: “A large step up of £6.5 million in player salaries in 2008 assumes that 40 per cent of the club’s anticipated revenue gain in 2008 from new domestic media deals flows directly to increased player salaries.
I suppose if another 40% is psent on bringing in new blood the United fans will be happy, the reality is this means significant increases for players who already earn far too much.

Oh don't worry they will still find excuses but I can't think of any that are valid. My ST has reduced by £111. The young adults have come down by £6 each and the junior stays at £80. So I'm £123 to the good. If I wasn't currently skint I'd book now just to thank the club and show my support.

May well spend the saving on an upgrade to the JW, I'll have to wait and see how those prices work out. Presumably we'll know at 9.00am? I suspect the club may be hoping plenty of people look at it that way.

I'm having one hell of a week.

First off get a bonus about 50% higher than I expected, then Rovers beat Arsenal, and now the s/t cost gets slashed.

Just need to win Euromillions tonight and find Jennfier Connelly has bought the house next door and I'll be happy. :)

The 'wires' are embargoed until midnight, it says it in big letters across the top of the feed.

I am not overly familiar with what the consequences are for ignoring these restrictions, if indeed there are any.

I'm trying to get the club to recognise us as legitimate news outlet, so we get sent things like this straight from them rather than relying on others to get the info too us. Breaking their embargoed news (especially something they are rightly very very very proud of) probably isn't the best way of going about this.

However it seems the only person in the club that can work out that we'd rather have an embargoed press release rather than an unsolicted advert is the one person that should see us as competition rather than a useful way of getting the club's message out.

Still, I'm not bitter, with prices like these, how could I be :)

Wenger's childhood? Don't really wanna go there!

It will be interesting to see the difference all this makes to season ticket sales. I pray that it will have a massive impact but Rovers fans need to respond and make it worth while. I'm sure it will, even if it's only a 10-15% increase on season tickets.

Rovers lead the way once again, well done JW.

Lee - a question. The club have radically overhauled the prices and made the structure very simple to follow. This is great news along with the prices available.

I can't see any reference to disabled supporters. Is this policy or oversight in the announcement?

Fantastic gesture by the club. :D

For one reason or another that I don't need to go into here we couldn't afford our season tickets last year but the club can be certain that they have at least 4 additional ST holders to last season.

For me, my wife and two sons (1 a Young Adult) it will average out at £11.50 per match. It would be rude not to buy them at that price.

Well done JW and all!!

NICE ONE ROVERS CHEERS....kool ,brill,yessssssssssss

but the people who are saying no excuses ,if you have a family of four its still a good amount of money to find in one go or on dd and not everyone as disposable income.

Fantastic news - great effort from the club and although i wont be getting a season ticket due to me not being able to get there regularly enough, the individual game prices will encourage me to make a few extra trips back home next year. Cue joy (or tears) from my family :rover: !!

Archived