BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Season Ticket 07/08

Season Tickets 07/08  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing?

• I'm a non season ticket holder, but will get one.
    • I will be renewing in my current seat.
    • I will be renewing, but in another section.
    • I'm not renewing, but will go to more games.
    • I'm unable to attend Ewood, but good idea.
    • My names Vinjay I dont live in the real world

Just renewed online for me, my Dad and my Dad's neighbour.

The internet is a wonderful thing. :)

Pricing structure has definitely worked, my Dad's neighbour wasn't going to renew this year due to knowing he'll miss a few games. However, at the new prices it's encouraged him to do so to guarantee his seat. My mother almost plumped for a ticket as well, but will definitely be attending more games next year, and a few of my mates who follow other teams are now interested in coming to Ewood when they have a free weekend.

Astonishing value, PROUD TO BE A ROVER

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All this excitment and we still can't sell 1700 for Bolton on sunday :angry:

.....................................................................................................

why put money in there pockets

I give up :blink:

Bet Kilby choked on his cornflakes this morning, one more nail in the claret coffin as they'll not be able to reduce prices because they're losing thousands of pounds each week as it is.

We will all choke on our cornflakes if we get relegated and the ST's will have to rise by loads! :o

Excellent news from Rovers. Way beyond what I expected.

Apparantly it get better too. Another announcent for tommorow has been 'leaked'. I can reveal:-

You get 3p off your season ticket for every post made on BRFCS prior to 28th February 2007

£1 cash back for every time McCarthy is offside.

£5 cash back for every missed penalty. The club are asking for a voluntary donation of £2 for every Penalty save of Friedels' though.

£3 instant cashback on matchday for anyone displaying a picture of a Zebra. However they are warning any pictures of a naked David Moyes will result in ejection from the ground.

Any ChavScum invading the pitch will have their season ticket revoked and have to buy a new one. However if they can avoid the grasp of the fat ambulancemen this will be reduced to a £100 fine.

And finally, another £250,000 of the TV money is being invested in more bar staff!

Happy days. :brfc:

Am seriously thinking of hanging up my boots for Saturday football and getting my ticket back as well as bringing the kids from next season, great stuff by Rovers, I haven't had a season ticket for 3 1/2 years due to many factors, mainly family commitmets including the financial purse strings being tightened after the birth of my 1st child.

John Williams is taking the credit from most of you but all these ticketing ideas have not neccesarily all his own doing. I know he has some good staff around him that have supplied him with some good options over the past six months, and he has made the right decisions in most cases on ticketing policy so far.

My rough calculations are that we need another 5000 through the gates on average to mean that this doesn't cost Rovers a penny of the new TV income.

Very clever stuff from Rovers, satisfying the current fan base and enticing stay aways to return. This is a win win situation for Rovers as they are being seen to do the right thing and financially it is unlikely to cost them a penny, worst case scenario is they lose a small slice if the extra Tv revenue.

John Williams is taking the credit from most of you but all these ticketing ideas have not neccesarily all his own doing. I know he has some good staff around him that have supplied him with some good options over the past six months, and he has made the right decisions in most cases on ticketing policy so far.

Anyone who's met him - especially in the last 2/3 seasons - will know just how passionate he is about maximising attendance. He is behind this price cut, ultimately he takes credit or responsibility if it's a winner or if it fails.

And of course he chooses the good staff who are around him!

:rover: I RANG EWOOD AND ASKED WHY MINE HAD GONE UP £80,WE WILL RING BACK :ph34r: STILL WAITING :brfc:

Lee has just posted this on the official board.....

People who have discovered that their prices have increased will see their price frozen.

Can always move to a better value area if you wish too.

I'm working on an FAQ that will be on here sometime next week

Can the boat be pushed out anymore?

Lee has just posted this on the official board.....

Can the boat be pushed out anymore?

Fantastic news. I'm gobsmacked. When price cuts were initially talked about I expected 10% off at the most.

I can now buy adult and junior Riverside tickets for less than this season's adult price.

Just a thought. I wonder if we can get some more of the Asian population to buy season tickets for the first time. There is a tremendous untapped market there. Maybe we could include free cricket matches in the summer!!! :rolleyes:

Well done Rovers.

Fantastic news. I'm gobsmacked. When price cuts were initially talked about I expected 10% off at the most.

I can now buy adult and junior Riverside tickets for less than this season's adult price.

Just a thought. I wonder if we can get some more of the Asian population to buy season tickets for the first time. There is a tremendous untapped market there. Maybe we could include free cricket matches in the summer!!! :rolleyes:

Well done Rovers.

Actually, in the past couple of months I've seen more ethnic minorities at the games than I think I did in the last 10 years combined. On Sunday I saw an ultra-orthodox family of muslims- about 10 of them- buying tickets. If you build it, they will come!!!

Last night in the pub I managed to get three commitments from mates to buy new season tickets. Not many Blackburnians can resist a bargain and they can be almost embarrassed into committing ( use it or lose it, get in quick before the best seats are taken, etc.).

I really think this initiative could snowball and maybe we can all help it along a bit.

We do seem to have got the Dingles extremely rattled about this.

Extremely snotty comment from their "PR and Communications Manager" Darren Bentley in the LT. (Presume he's the guy who used to do their match reports in the LT.)

"If we were handed the same money as Premiership Clubs I am sure we would be able to reduce season ticket prices by 25%"

But unfortunately Championship margins are far tighter than that"

"What we have done put is put together a season ticket package that remains extremely competitive at Championship level"

Aw diddums. :lol::lol:

I think the news from Ewood and the board is to be highly commended. A reduction in the CIS Riverside stand of £146.00 from last season is surely more than anybody could have hoped for.

I am curious however, about going forward to future seasons. Without wishing to take anything away from these great reductions, the Rovers have for a number of seasons had a loyalty bonus on season tickets, if you had held a season ticket for at least 3 seasons. This equated to a reduction on standard prices by about £25.

Will these loyalty bonuses come back into play over the next 2 or 3 seasons or will all prices going forward be the same regardless as to how long you have held a season ticket?

Archived