BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Are Soft....

The rules even then stated you had to be in FRONT of the ball to be offside UNLESS there were three or more opponents etc.

That's why you cannot be offside from a corner kick because nobody can be in front of the ball. :rolleyes:

Well, suffice to say your keeper managed to get an offside decision - how does it go, same old b*****ds, awlays cheating :lol:

Well, suffice to say your keeper managed to get an offside decision - how does it go, same old b*****ds, awlays cheating :lol:

I have to say, when I first read the story years ago, it did cross my mind that it's kind of shocking for the rest of the team to abandon the pitch and leave just the keeper and all the Burnley players, however hard it's snowing.

Looking at pictures of the players at the time, not sure I'd ever have dared to call one of them "soft" to their faces though.

There was a number of years where your league postion was much better than ours, from the early 80's onwards but that was not down to a financial gulf. The gulf opened with the arrival of Jack Walker and was supplemented by Sky TV. I'm not criticising or griping here but any honest observer would have to admit the Walker cash injection (which even today is, I think, equal to about a quarter of our turnover) and the money made from being in the prem makes any comparison irrelevant. I would guess you have players who earn more in a year than we pay our entire squad. In real terms to have held you 0-0 over 90 minutes, to be level after 45 in the replay - indeed to have got within 4 minutes of extra time, was a laudable effort from our team, all of course IMHO

That maybe true longside but you have to admit in your heart now that barring Burnley getting there own version of uncle Jack, the financial and playing sides of our two clubs are poles apart and literally unbridgeable............

THE GAP IS WIDENING!

That maybe true londside but you have to admit now that barring Burnley getting there own version of uncle Jack, the financial and playing sides of our two clubs are poles apart............

THE GAP IS WIDENING!

I don't agree entirely with that Garners. IF (a bloody great huge if at the moment) we could get in the Prem then we have the chance to do a Bolton/Charlton type growth. Without it then as long as you can stay in the prem - or at least spend no more than 2 seasons outside of it at a time then there is little prospect of us being able to attract players of a similar stature

The money in the prem now - is it minimum 30 million from next season? - is close to 4 times our turnover and without getting in there then it is very difficult to see how teams like Burnley can hope to close the gap. That said, a few seasons outside the Prem for you would also start to level things, assuming we can maintain our current league status.

Hope is always there though Garners.

The money in the prem now - is it minimum 30 million from next season? - is close to 4 times our turnover and without getting in there then it is very difficult to see how teams like Burnley can hope to close the gap. That said, a few seasons outside the Prem for you would also start to level things, assuming we can maintain our current league status.

And that stark financial reality will only increase season by season Longsider,in my opinion you missed the last boat about 4 seasons ago v Norwich.Looking at the size and resources of some of the teams in the top half of the Championship, in all reality its going to take a lot more than a Mr Flood.

usablue loves me really.

It is a starkly worrying reality at times garners - one reason why this season is so annoying is because the league is the most mediocre it has been since we got promoted, the best chance ever to at least hit the play-offs.

ah well, there's always next season - assuming we are not in League 1.

Well done last night by the way - thought you were a tad fortunate with the Lujnberg penalty but a cracking finish at the end.

usablue loves me really.

It is a starkly worrying reality at times garners - one reason why this season is so annoying is because the league is the most mediocre it has been since we got promoted, the best chance ever to at least hit the play-offs.

ah well, there's always next season - assuming we are not in League 1.

Well done last night by the way - thought you were a tad fortunate with the Lujnberg penalty but a cracking finish at the end.

look zulu...REAL RIVALS SOMETHING YOU CRAVE FOR....MAY BE THE REAL DINGLES GOD BLESS EM BUT REAL NONE THE LESS.

Guest shoppybrfc
Speaking of Cotterill, the cheeky barsteward had the nerve to turn up at Ewood on Sunday wearing a claret and blue scarf, god knows who he was watching!

Probably/hopefully Roberts, there were rumours around Stoke that they were looking at taking Roberts on loan...

Hows Mahon doing for Burnley?

Archived