BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton V Blackburn

ihtd

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As well as Moko has been playing, I wouldn't start him in this game. Bolton are pathetic in front of goal from open play. Now that Samba is in and Nelsen is back, we aren't as inept in the air as we once were against their set pieces. I really don't see a need for a defensive midfielder to start. I'd toss both Dunny and Toogs out there, go one up playing nice football. And then bring Moko on to break up thier attacks to preserve the lead! Despite their league position, its not like we are playing Arsenal, here.

Do you not think that (perhaps) the centre halves have been playing so well because they have had Moko in front of them - giving additional protection in open play and at set pieces. I think height in midfield is one thing we really miss with Reid being out. Either way - with Dunn suspended for next Sunday I wouldn't risk Tugay getting injured. I would also rest Derbyshire and play Roberts.

I think we now have enough squad members to be able to rotate players (to an extent) but not impact our chances of a result too greatly. It will be interesting to see if McCarthy starts or not - in reality, his goal apart, he didn't do too much when he came on against Arsenal - though he can do bu**er all in each match he plays if he continues to score goals like that :rover:

It will be interesting to see if McCarthy starts or not - in reality, his goal apart, he didn't do too much when he came on against Arsenal -

I think the inroduction of both subs really influenced the match. Certainly Dunny put himself about a bit more than Toogs was doing and absolutely anybody would have been an improvement of the apparently disinterested Nonda.

Benni can posture on the bench all he likes but all he is confirming is the astuteness of the manager and his assistants.

Roberts could start for me as his physical presence is needed at places like Bolton and it would allow Billy Whizz to be rested in order to replace him after about 70 mins if needed.

Season before last, 1-0 at the reebok with Dickov scoring a screamer, hardly ages.

These games are usually pretty tight & dull though, so i predict 1-1.

I'd agree with that. A score draw seems in the offing. Certainly dont want to be losing a game like this, especially after the result against L' Arse. We seem to be in some decent form and we'd like that to continue.

I think the inroduction of both subs really influenced the match. Certainly Dunny put himself about a bit more than Toogs was doing and absolutely anybody would have been an improvement of the apparently disinterested Nonda.

Benni can posture on the bench all he likes but all he is confirming is the astuteness of the manager and his assistants.

I disagree with both of your comments there. Nonda didn't look disinterested, he was simply playing in a game where our strikers had nothing to work with and all he did was chase and close down the ball, which he did well; he looked no more disinterested then Derbyshire or Benni. As for Benni confirming the astuteness of the manager, I don't think that he did. It worked out for us, but Benni for me simply confirmed yet again that he is the only striker in our side capable of a real game winning piece of skill. That sort of skill has to be involved from the start. It was right to rest him as he was either tired or needed a kick up the backside, but he has served his time and deserves his place back in the side now. If any of Derbyshire, Nonda or Roberts had done what Benni did on Wednesday then we wouldn't be questioning whether they should start, the rule shouldn't be different for a player who is without doubt our best striker.

two of the winkers top players are missing in fatboy slim and meite to be replaced by tal el ben haim aka chelsea slag and one time speedster david thompson.

bearing up to be a classic encounter, full of goals, excitement and goalmouth action, bookings and sending offs and a full house to boot !!!

0-0 boredraw winkers spoiling the game to stop Rovers climbing the table

if we win tomorrow we'd potentially be only 3 points from 6th place, I'd really love to see us do it.

If we are to stage a push for top 6 then todays season ending injury to Cahill at Everton will have done our prospects no harm at all. He is a big player for Everton. Strange that no big club has come in for him.

"If I was a football fan I wouldn't like it, but my job is to get results. Maybe I will enjoy my football more when I retire and go to play with my friends for the love of it," he smiled. "Today a footballer's life is not 100 per cent enjoyment because the result is the ultimate thing."

- Hoofhoof's rightwinger explains their "ugly football".

- Would love Jason Roverts to be given his chance for tomorrow and rest one of our forward line for the big-un next week.

- Defence doing a stirling job, so no changes there.

- Bare bones in midfield, but again doing very well. Would try and give Tugay a rest at some stage soon as he will be vital for us next week.

Bolton 1-2 ROVERS

Pedersen

McCarthy

Wouldn't be surprised to see a midfield of Dunn and the Axe, with Tugay on the bench to start. I'd be VERY surprised if Benni doesn't start, but I think it'll be Derbs up there with him, with Nonda and Roberts on the bench. Roberts will get a run, and he really looks like he wants to play football again. Samba at the back should disrupt their hoofing game a bit too, something we needed at games like Watford.

I reckon it'll be 1-3 to the Rovers, with Benni, Roberts and Pedersen scoring for us.

Weekend plans have been turned on their head due to this game…Missed work yesterday to go boarding in Laax rather than Andermatt today. Got the landlady of Ryan’s irish pub (Weil am Rhien) to open at 2pm instead of the usual 5 just so I can watch the lads take on a team I’ve really grown hate. So my fingers are well and truly crossed we can get one over Notlob....come on lads 2:0 will do just fine :brfc:

Archived