BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Corners

We all know what he can do from corners, used to excite me in his first season when we got a corner B)

Anyway, I don't think much of Bentley's set pieces, he needs to stop hanging them in the air with no pace on them.

Yes Bentley for me; he takes a good corner. I don't think we should advocate sending both Samba AND Nelsen up as target men for corners; either one or the other but not both together. Leaves us too exposed at the back if the opposition clear their area and break quickly.

That's why the fullbacks stay back.

Has Emerton ever had a go at taking corners?

when he 1st arrived at the club he did. he had a couple of assists, at least 2 from amoruso.

nowadays, he usually stays back on the halfway-line. if/ when he next plays on the wing, i'd give him a go.

we havent scored off a corner since May, and that was only because David James dropped it so surely something must be done

As mentined before after the Everton game , apparently there is - Sparky mentioned that they have been practicising them - (could have fooled me :huh: ) and that is the big worry

Also see my signature

Often looks likes GMP os trying to score direct from the corner which he had the reputation of doing as a youngster..

He kept scoring because all the keepers were youngsters and 5 ft tall, not 6 foot 5" Giants !!

Archived