BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Citeh In The 1/4 Final

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish (see location in personal info on LHS)

Although if we get to the final I certainly intend to be at Wem-ber-ley! :tu::D

down south?

a lot of my mates are coming up from your way for this game...

going to get my ticket today, massive game this

IMAGINE plymouth at cardiff in semis

down south?

a lot of my mates are coming up from your way for this game...

going to get my ticket today, massive game this

IMAGINE plymouth at cardiff in semis

And I wish I could be there, just like I wished I could be there last night, and last week at the Leverkusen game.

Ain't gonna happen though :(

Have a good 'un though

Im usually pessimistic about gates at ewood. However for the city game i think it could be a sell out or certainly very close to.The ticket prices are again great value.

As has been stated, the Leverkusen game showed we still have 25k fans. Biggest 'home' crowd since huddersfield on bank holiday monday 6 years ago.

Even though we didnt beat leverkusen, the game was still exciting and maybe that excitement value will entice some of those fans back.

Even though the gate was poor against leicester 2 years ago, city are a bigger name and the game is much bigger.

There is also a feel good factor re supporting rovers at the minute which there perhaps wasnt 2 years ago.

Plus city will bring 8k no probs

Im usually pessimistic about gates at ewood. However for the city game i think it could be a sell out or certainly very close to.The ticket prices are again great value.

As has been stated, the Leverkusen game showed we still have 25k fans. Biggest 'home' crowd since huddersfield on bank holiday monday 6 years ago.

Even though we didnt beat leverkusen, the game was still exciting and maybe that excitement value will entice some of those fans back.

Even though the gate was poor against leicester 2 years ago, city are a bigger name and the game is much bigger.

There is also a feel good factor re supporting rovers at the minute which there perhaps wasnt 2 years ago.

Plus city will bring 8k no probs

I really hope we have a full house for this one. It's the biggest game we have left at Ewood this season.

We've already played the "big 4"; no more UEFA games; little threat of relegation; only an outside chance of the top 6 and if we beat Citeh it's a neutral ground for the semi (and Wembley for the final :))

Simon :brfc:

I did an article in the City prog for their home game against us two or three weeks ago.

One of the items I mentioned was rovers v City in the FA cup, late sixties/early seventies. 4-1 win for City that day in front of the biggest gate at Ewood that I've ever seen -more than 40000. Great City team that was - Bell, Lee etc. Jim Fryatt scored for Rovers.

Didn't know when I wrote that, that we'd get the chance to turn it round this season. Early prediction: Rovers 4-1 City. B) That would be great.

The Leverkusen game shows we still have 25,000 fans - the problem is enticing them down. I think the City game will be a virtual sell out at just over 30k. :brfc:

I'll be very surprised if this one doesn't sell out completely ....although , in practical terms that is just short of 30,000 I think .

Get tickets early . You have been warned .

I did an article in the City prog for their home game against us two or three weeks ago.

One of the items I mentioned was rovers v City in the FA cup, late sixties/early seventies. 4-1 win for City that day in front of the biggest gate at Ewood that I've ever seen -more than 40000. Great City team that was - Bell, Lee etc. Jim Fryatt scored for Rovers.

Didn't know when I wrote that, that we'd get the chance to turn it round this season. Early prediction: Rovers 4-1 City. B) That would be great.

February 24th 1969 in the 5th Round after we had beaten Stockport County and Portsmouth at home 2-0 and 4-0 respectively, with a crowd of 42,315. The game was played mid -week after a number of postponements

February 24th 1969 in the 5th Round after we had beaten Stockport County and Portsmouth at home 2-0 and 4-0 respectively, with a crowd of 42,315. The game was played mid -week after a number of postponements

What a night that was .

Ewood was dangerously full ; I can still see the Riverside crowd swaying back and forth against the barriers .

Stuart Metcalfe gave Glyn Pardoe a hard time and Jim Fryatt scored a trademark header but that was a class City team.

Hope the result isn't the same !

I remember it well, me and a mate waited outside the ticket office all Saturday night to get tickets, tickets were on sale from 12 o'clock on the Sunday, we nearly froze to death -another mate came at 12.20 and walking straight up and got his tickets !

The tie was potsponed several times and when we actually played both Eamon Rogers and Billy Wilson were suspended ! Grr.

The game was played in a fantastic atomosphere and we were in it for about an hour then City cut loose and did us on the break a couple of times. As Jim said Metcalfe did us proud that night and turned Glyn Pardoe inside out on several occasions , it was from a free kick for a foul on Metcalfe that Jim Fryatt headed us back into the game but within 5 minutes City had made it 3-1 and it was over and out.

I seem to remember Dougie coming on as a substitute but he was well past his best and hardly got a kick. The thing that sticks in my mind was the pace of the CIty forwards- Summerbee, Bell, Lee, Young and Coleman ! Not a bad line up.

I doubt we'll ever get over 30000 again, not because of the lack of supporters, but because so many seats have to be left free for safety reasons, and I think the number of seats that can be bought would be around 29500, 30000 tops, the rest go to secruity, away ends, or are left free for safety precautions

I'll have a guess at 26/27000, and we are just BOUND to lose this one after a magical victory. Don't slip up Rovers :(

We've got to beat them.

Hopefully will be a sell-out too, however even if not, this game is still very lucrative for Rovers and if we beat them and avoid Chelsea / United in the semis we could be guaranteed a UEFA place too.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFACup/New...nts_2004_05.htm

So basically we've paid for Samba. Given how well he's played for us I'd be content if this was the result.

Go you Rovers!

Wayhay! Got four tickets, so will be there to add my two pennorth to the mad noise. I can see this one being a sell out, a real fantastic atmosphere and, with good luck in front of goal and a following wind, another triumph for Sparky's tactical nous. I just hope the players are up for it as much as I am - then we will see off Citeh no problem.

C'mon you Blues!

Archived