BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Citeh In The 1/4 Final

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two differences to the leicester game

One - This is not on terrestial TV its on sky which will help the crowd compared to BBc1 for Leicester

Two - Its a local derby against a prem side not a Div one side and Leicester did not fill darwen brought about 6000

This will be a 28k - 29k plus

Unfortunately, there will be me and four other regulars missing this one. We're all on a stag do in Barcelona that weekend... with a couple of City fans! Could be interesting...

.......a quick look at the league which shows them on 30 points and not that safe at the moment. They haven't won a league game since New Years day and, if they were to lose to Wigan on Saturday and Charlton beat Watford they'd be hovering over a relegation dogfight.

I was nearly right. City were lucky today that Charlton didn't snatch a win at Watford. They are now 4th from bottom and in freefall. It's no good having games in hand when you're getting beat off the likes of Wigan at home. They really do look poor. Pearce has taken them backwards IMO since Keegan left.

Spending some of my working week in Hyde I know a good few City fans and not one of them think they are a good side. Due to speaking with them week in week out I've paid more attention to City than any club bar Rovers this year. I'm not one to tempt fate but if we apply ourselves properly and keep 11 men on the pitch I really can't see us losing this tie. If it for some reason takes a replay so be it but we'll go through.

I know people are going to have a pop at me for being over confident but thats my opinion.

An eye witness report from the game today stated that the team were a very poor second toa v ery poor wigan team, and thats from a season ticket holder there !

I really cant see City coming to Ewood and playing fast free flowing football, its gonna be one hell of a counter attacking game IMO

The battles ahead......

Samba versus Dickov (little and large)

Nelsen versus Samaras (strength versus Greek lanky carthorse)

Tugay versus Barton (class versus wannabe)

Benni versus Distain (class with attitude versus ageing French reject)

Derbyshire versus Dunne (new kid on the block with pace versus ageing carthorse and fat boy)

Should be a northern classic

Absolutely right Gordy - City will be a tough game and it would be typical Rovers to balls it up.

We're slowly moving ourselves in to a no win situation with this one. Hopefully MH and the rest don't share the over-optimism.

My dentist is a City supporter. However, he doesn't hold out much hope about them beating Rovers. He was very pleased about Rovers beating Arsenal and reckons Rovers will beat City and get to Wembley! Let's hope the lads are really up for it a la Everton!

My dentist is a City supporter. However, he doesn't hold out much hope about them beating Rovers. He was very pleased about Rovers beating Arsenal and reckons Rovers will beat City and get to Wembley! Let's hope the lads are really up for it a la Everton!

Blimey!

My dentist just takes my teeth out and dosent say much :(

City are playing cr@p, we're playing well, I've got a really bad feeling about Sunday.

FA Cup semi final at a neutral venue is the final piece of my Rovers wish list. The Cardiff semi didn't count, if we achieve this I'm giving up.

Anyone remember Brentford in the FA Cup late 80's, everyone thought it was nailed on but we went out, I was gutted that day.

City are playing cr@p, we're playing well, I've got a really bad feeling about Sunday.

FA Cup semi final at a neutral venue is the final piece of my Rovers wish list. The Cardiff semi didn't count, if we achieve this I'm giving up.

Anyone remember Brentford in the FA Cup late 80's, everyone thought it was nailed on but we went out, I was gutted that day.

oh that was a bad day

Unfortunately, there will be me and four other regulars missing this one. We're all on a stag do in Barcelona that weekend... with a couple of City fans! Could be interesting...

And me and my son Sam won't be there either. We're off skiing to Arabba so will be hoping to find a bar to watch it in on Sunday. The holiday was booked when I knew we had Arsenal away in the last round so I was fairly confident we wouldn't miss a match - we should have more faith!

FA Premier League Fixtures

Saturday 14th April 15.00 Blackburn Rovers v Watford

............is it written in the stars? or at least the PL fixtures

Yep as I posted in the Leverkusen GAV - I feel exactly the same

CAPT KAYOS

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Posts Posted on: Feb 22 2007, 11:55

Champions League

Group: Members

Member No.: 103

It feels similar to a few seasons ago in the FA Cup when Brentford or Charlton beat us at home - definitely one of them of top of my head but can't quite remember - but if we had got through it would have been an achievable opportunity to reach the final.

The venues for the semis are Old Trafford, Villa Park and The Emirates, all depend on who gets through and the combination of semi final fixtures.

As for the date of the watford game in the PL if only it is reciprocated in the FA Cup, BELIEVE :brfc:

Archived