BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Run-in

Lets be forever optimistic !

Spurs to beat Chelsea ? Odds must be overwhelming for spuds to win at the bridge.

Boro to beat manure ? Again, manure have the winning/luck mentality and are expected to win easily. Boro have already beaten them this season and may do so again especially with manure having had a european game.

Plymouth to beat Watford ? Possible but unlikely.

Rovers to beat City ? odds are in a Rovers win but its Rovers, a derby and a poor city team all rolled into one !

As for semi finals, in an ideal world it would have to be......

Spurs versus Boro

Rovers versus Plymouth.....

unlikely as it is, it is written in stone

Chelsea versus Watford

Manure versus City <_<

The F.A. must be sweating over the fact that there is a good chance that Cheleas and Manure might not be in the first big opening game of the NEW Wembley!

No doubt the warm balls will be used again for the semi final draw

The F.A. must be sweating over the fact that there is a good chance that Cheleas and Manure might not be in the first big opening game of the NEW Wembley!

I think Man U v Chelsea is an outside bet for the final.

Mancs travelling to Boro and Spuds playing Chelsea sets up at least a 50% chance of one of those two not getting through the 6th and even if it is warm balls in the Semi-Final, either of them beating Rovers or the Mancs beating Citeh is far from a formality.

As for the run in, it looks so good for Rovers it is frightening. I now expect European qualification (counting the Intertoto as Europe) from our league position after getting 6 points from the Pompey and Notlob games without too much trouble.

West Ham (home)

3 points.

Man Utd (away)

1 point.

Villa (home)

3 points.

Spurs (away)

0 points.

Watford (home)

3 points.

Fulham (away)

0 pts.

Charlton (home)

3 points.

Newcastle (away)

0 points.

Reading (home)

3 points.

Total: 13points = 53.

Pleasure what makes you think that we will get a draw at Old Trafford but lose at Spurs, Fulham and Newcastle?

West Ham (home)

3 points.

Man Utd (away)

0 points.

Villa (home)

3 points.

Spurs (away)

1 point.

Watford (home)

3 points.

Fulham (away)

3 points.

Charlton (home)

3 points.

Newcastle (away)

0 points.

Reading (home)

3 points.

I'm going for 19 points in these last games. Confident I know, but I can't see us losing at home and I believe we have the momentum to be able to get points at the above away games. It's too early to say how many points will get you into Europe though.

I keep telling you, the final will be Spurs vs Rovers........................ ;)

If it is, maybe we can get Chas and Dave* to do our cup final song.

"Rovers going to Wembley,

winning goal from Bentley,

come on you Blues,

come on you Blues!"

Simon :brfc:

* not the original Dave!

No doubt the warm balls will be used again for the semi final draw

All these controversies could be avoided by using folded pieces of paper for the draws from 1/4 final onwards. Not too many to fold, and for earlier draws there would be enough balls in the bag to make finding a warm one impossible. Simple innit!

Probably a bit too simple for the vested interests liking.

I did the BBC predictor thing - and had us finishing 5th!! We've definitely got the best run in of the teams in the mix. I also had Fulham being sucked into the relegation scrap - but just staying up sending Charlton, West Ham and Watford down. United won it by 3 points from Chelsea, with Liverpool 3rd, Arsenal 4th, Rovers 5th, Bolton 6th, Spurs 7th. We won't need 60+ points minimum for UEFA cup football as some have suggested.

I have us 5th as well. BBC Premiership Predictor

Snap- I had all three clubs tied on 58 points with us missing out by one goal difference! Now if only I had set Rovers to beat Reading 4-0, we'd have come 6th....

I also was amazed to find Charlton going down by only one point behind Man City and Chelsea winning the title by one point (and no I didn't have Rovers to win at OT).

Not going to do points, but I think we will finish 7th and get back into Europe. It'll be Man U - Chelsea in FA Cup final, so 7th place gets UEFA position. We're Rovers, we don't do things the easy way.

Archived