BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Super Rovers 2-0 Dirty Citeh

So, Citeh at home in the quarter-finals – the form book says we should be booking accommodation for the semis now; however both clubs have enviable records of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and it could be 4-0 either way without anyone lifting an eyebrow.

There have been some bizarre matches between the clubs – remember the 4-1 stuffing at their hands when we bossed them and got hammered, they got promoted and we never heard the last of it for ages as they claim to have taken over the entire ground. I also remember a 5-1 to us in one of those “Rovers can’t fail to get promoted” years when we inevitably failed to get promoted.

Other than that, they always bring a good following, the Fernhurst does a brisk trade and we simply have to admire their strength of feeling for a certain club who believe they have the divine right to win everything every year.

Their fans are proper, supporting them through thin and thinner with a sense of humour that is dry bordering on arid – just look at their gates in the Third division and compare those with, say, Leeds at the moment.

I cannot recollect any sustained animosity between our supporters over the years even when such things were trendy unlike their neighbours where it is a matter of course for there to be some form of antagonism, regardless of the result.

Introducing Phil, our token Citeh fan and season ticket holder at the Council House - at least he know where Manchester is, unlike those claiming to support Salford RedSox.

So, Phil, What do you think of Citeh’s season so far?

Unsurprisingly, a massive disappointment and an unfortunate continuation of the end of last seasons form

What do you think is the cause of this? Players? Manager? Coaching?

All three, starting with the manager whose job it is to sign, coach and motivate the players – it’s his team now and the honeymoon period is definitely over, although everybody likes him, his attitude as a player (remember the penalty at Euro ’96?) and his honesty. It’s a shame but I don’t see him as top class management material.

Stuart Pearce – out of his depth, learning the ropes or future England manager?

Yes, to all three – only England would be daft enough to want to employ him.

Is your league place a fair reflection?

Afraid so – I worry we have no goal scorer to get us out of trouble unlike you lot who have several. When you were in our position a few years back (just above the drop zone) you found Jon Stead – we live in hope that Emile Mpenza will do the same for us.

Who’s been your best player?

Joey Barton – he’s no Gerrard (although he thinks he is) but put him in the shirt and he’ll die for the cause and that includes an England shirt which is more than can be said for some of the other contenders

Also, Micah Richards until he got his England cap after which he has got progressively worse – I blame Steve Mclaren, personally although Pearce must take some responsibility.

Who’s been the biggest let-down?

Georgios Samaras leads a list of strong contenders in this department – we get an occasional flash of brilliance but then he goes into hiding on the pitch for weeks at a time – he’s over 6 foot, can’t head a ball, can’t pass and can’t tackle. He was even embarrassing for Greece against England at The Stretford Cathedral. He cost us £6m and I would estimate a good £5.95m of that was overpayment

Corradi is worth a mention in despatches but no more than that or he’ll think we value him.

Who should Rovers most fear other than Psycho himself?

Depending how Pearce sets out his team, Joey Barton – especially as you haven’t got Savage fit. Also, if fit, Darius Vassell could spring a surprise.

We also have a young player called Sturridge who is itching to get a call up to the senior squad. He’s attracting the interest of the Special One but not our coaching staff for some reason. We have a number of young players coming through that does give us grounds for optimism in the longer term.

What do you reckon to Rovers this season?

Surprised at how well you have recovered from how rubbish you were earlier in the season. Only we could have lost to you in our previous match at Ewood late last season you were that bad. But, hats off to the manager – a United player I respected as the derby match meant something to him – he has turned it around, bought well and got you playing as a team.

Are we as dirty as Radio 5 & TalkShite TalkSport would have us believe?

No – I see hard competitive play but not intentional foul play – a bit like our respective managers as players. It was perhaps deserved a couple of years ago when you were fighting to stay up, but at least you wanted it enough to fight for Premiership status.

You are at least trying to play football for which you do not often get the credit you deserve, which is more than can be said for us at the moment – no passion, bland football, gets to the crowd, general dissatisfaction.

Are Rovers in a fair league placing?

The league speaks for itself

Who of the Rovers worries you most?

Your match winners – McCarthy, Pederson, Derbyshire, Roberts has caused problems in the past, Bentley and Tugay - if we let him play

Where do you see the key encounters on the pitch?

Dunne vs McCarthy

Distin vs Derbyshire/Nonda

It’s 30 years since Citeh won a major trophy – made worse by the post-Liverpool dominance over in Salford. Any prospect of this changing?

We live in hope – we’re in the last 8 of the FA Cup, 2 more matches and we’re there. I’m a City fan and ever the realist, despite all of the above so I know that we will get the winner of the Watford/Plymouth match if we get past you and then go and lose to them.

Will the winners go on to win the cup?

No – but you still buy a lottery ticket, don’t you?

Prediction?

You might find this hard to believe after all I’ve said but I fancy us to win without the need for a replay. The last thing I want is a draw, as I don’t believe we can hold you out for two matches.

One goal in it in our favour and we’ll fill your away stand – as usual!!

Thanks, Phil - I'll give you a lift there but if you win, you're walking back! <_<

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where does this shyte come from about them always having a good following at Ewood? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but arguing with a Ciddy fan at work it becomes clear that they are a MASSIVE club with MASSIVE fans who truly believe all the hype....... aka annoying, boring b'stards!

A hard fought 2-1 win for Rovers - Benni and Pedersen.

Att: 28,700

Where does this shyte come from about them always having a good following at Ewood? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but arguing with a Ciddy fan at work it becomes clear that they are a MASSIVE club with MASSIVE fans who truly believe all the hype....... aka annoying, boring b'stards!

A hard fought 2-1 win for Rovers - Benni and Pedersen.

Att: 28,700

Couldn't agree more sg. More myth and nonsense surround this massive outfit than any other going. Don't buy this people's club rubbish or the crap about all Mancs being bitter, sorry Citeh fans. I've lived in Manchester for over 6 years and worked there for longer. I know a lot more match going reds than I do Citeh. I also know a hell of a lot of fairweather blues who only come out for the big games.

Have to say im as nervous as anything about the game, it really would mean the world to get to a semi final, especially a proper one at a neutral venue. It's ours to throw away, play like we can and we'll win but take it easy and we'll regret it big style.

Couldn't agree more sg. More myth and nonsense surround this massive outfit than any other going. Don't buy this people's club rubbish or the crap about all Mancs being bitter, sorry Citeh fans. I've lived in Manchester for over 6 years and worked there for longer.

Bolloocks. the Citah fans I know are self-depreciating but loyal to the club, sure they know they are rubbish compared to The Red Scum across in Trafford MBC, and they generally live with it. To compare them with the glory hunters is to do Citah a dis-service.

I know a lot more match going reds than I do Citeh.

You're mixing with the wrong people you hopeless saddo. :lol:

I don't usually do predictions, but if we can'rt win this one then we can't.

Most important game at Ewood since VE day?

1) We're in such good form.

2) We're defending so well.

3) Citeh are in such poor form.

4) Citeh boast one of the worst strike forces ever seen in the Premiership.

I can't actually see any way we can lose this tie without it going to penalties.

Which as Gav says is probably a worrying sign. :unsure:

I think over the years City have certainly brought some great followings to Ewood, going back to the early 80's they used to pack the darwen end and certainly throughout that period they'd always bring 5-6k. That said you'd never automatically expect a sell out these days like you would with Liverpool and Man Utd, some of the followings to ewood during the 90's would be classed as very un-city like really.

Still they have support only we could dream of, and they'll be out in force come Sunday.

Anyone else having trouble sleeping......... :rolleyes: excited already, it's going to be a long week.

Mark Hughes is absolutely crucial to this result. We've seen it all before; lots of local interest, good visiting support, good atmosphere, Rovers set up for a result and progress to the next round..............we lose. Not feeling at all confident, everything says we should win so Hughes has got to get the players feet on the ground, make them understand just how much hangs on this game, semi-final, ST sales, feel good factor, possible first time at the new Wembley. We need the team to believe in their ability but not to believe this is a nailed on certainty.

Villa Park or Old Trafford next stop would be good.

I guess in a strange way going out of the UEFA could help us win this game. The players have experienced only recently what its like being knocked out of a cup so hopefully they will not make the same mistakes on Sunday and Hughes will use that to motivate the players.

Still think we'll win (2-0) although that goes against everything following Rovers have taught me in the past :blink:

We have better quality than them all over the pitch. Corradi/Samaras or whoever they play up front will surely not get the better of Nelsen and Samba. Our strikers are in form and Dunny is starting to pull the strings. Really can't see anything but a comfy 2-0 win for Rovers.

Should be a great atmosphere and Citeh should bring a fair following - lets hope they dont start buying tickets for areas they shouldn't be in again!

Desperate to win this one, we should win this one, it'd be magnificent if we do win this one, we got a real chance of getting to the final if we win this one, we've already doubled Man City this season (which Arsenal did to us)...I'll go for a draw.

Just read on the official site that tickets are only available to those with a history of buying tickets since March 1st 2007.

Surely we aren't going to sell out to only those fans that have bought tickets in March?

I really wanna get to this game!

The Dunny ban causes 2 problems in my mind:

#1 - we can't play both Toogs and Dunny if we start getting desprate for an equalizer in late time

#2 - Who's the sub if Toogs gets knackered? Or there's an injury to him or Moko? At that point, Bentley has to come inside, which in my mind kills or greatest attacking threat at the moment (Bentley terrorizing the wing)

I'd say we scrape this one by a goal, but it won't be comfortable or pretty, and there'll be a lot of desparate defending in the last 5 mins.

Archived