BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Super Rovers 2-0 Dirty Citeh

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be honest Simon I think we will win. I think if we play half as well as we can we'll win, we are better all over the pitch. Doesn't stop me being nervous as hell though.

It's always the ones we're expected to win that are the most nerveracking.

I haven't spoken to a single Citeh fan who thinks they have a good chance, it's one of the main reasons why i'm so worried. We have a good record against them and on current form should indeed win hands down. Sadly with Rovers it doesn't always work like that.

Same here MB ...that was supposed to be my point looks like it didn't come over as I meant it to.. doh!!

:wstu:

Looking forward to this one, shame Dunn is suspended as he was looking better and better against Bolton.

Team I would go for:

----------McCarthy--Roberts

---MGP----Tugay---Mokoena--Bentley

Warnock--Samba---Nelsen--Emerton

------------------Freidal

Subs:Brown, Zurab, Gallagher, Peter/Berner, Derbyshire

I just hope all our midfielders stay fit!

I think some people should calm down a tad. Building up a win so much is not confidence but you are setting yourselves up for a big fall. We have been playing well recently but I would not say we are unbeatable. Man City still have some good players and they will also be viewing this as a massive game and a great opportunity as well.

Personally, I feel more nervous than excited. A great opportunity awaits but we never seem to do things the easy way and it is the FA cup where form supposedly goes out the window.

Man City still have some good players and they will also be viewing this as a massive game and a great opportunity as well.

I too am worried by the amount of confidence everyone has, including myself! However I really do think City are a poor side. IMO they have one genuinely good player which is Micah Richards and that's it. And no I haven't forgotten about the over-rated Joey Barton.

Team I would go for:

----------McCarthy--Roberts

---MGP----Tugay---Mokoena--Bentley

Warnock--Samba---Nelsen--Emerton

------------------Freidal

Subs:Brown, Zurab, Gallagher, Peter/Berner, Derbyshire

I just hope all our midfielders stay fit!

I'm Tugay's biggest fan but his form recently has been a bit worrying . With Mokoena playing I hope our central midfield don't sit too deep ...I would have preferred Dunny to play in an ideal world if the Axe is in the team .

I'd also definitely put Derbyshire before Roberts .......shove the latter on later if needs be if MD hasn't opened them up .

anyone else hear the man city fans whingeing about ticket allocation and the fact that they have or some have misse dout ? They are wanting Rovers to give them even more !!!!

:rolleyes:

Cheeky scrotes only brought just over a thousand earlier on this season and only a few thousand for the last few years. Typical scrotes that when the big game comes along they come out in their droves. Massive club indeed. Why don't they ask Curly Watts to get them a ticket?

The city game is a tricky match as the pressure is off them for this, however i think we can win this 3-1.

Would be great to see a full-house, any ideas how ticket sales are going? I tried to get my ticket yesterday morning to find out i was 57th in the que. So that can only be a good sign for the club. Also we are already aware that city have sold 7,500.

Cheeky scrotes only brought just over a thousand earlier on this season and only a few thousand for the last few years. Typical scrotes that when the big game comes along they come out in their droves. Massive club indeed. Why don't they ask Curly Watts to get them a ticket?

To be fair, tickets were almost twice as much then as they are now.

anyone else hear the man city fans whingeing about ticket allocation and the fact that they have or some have misse dout ? They are wanting Rovers to give them even more !!!!

:rolleyes:

7,600 is a massive allocation for a quarter final. I doubt they'd offer us that many at the Council House if there's a replay!

To be fair, tickets were almost twice as much then as they are now.

You sound like a bitter making excuses. Don't believe all the rubbish about protests over prices, they are as fickle as the best of them. One of the cheapest grounds in the league and they've been protesting all season. They even staged a walkout against us in the home game with 20 mins to go. They protested at paying £32 at our place but funnily enough were happy to pay it Old Trafford.

You sound like a bitter making excuses. Don't believe all the rubbish about protests over prices, they are as fickle as the best of them. One of the cheapest grounds in the league and they've been protesting all season. They even staged a walkout against us in the home game with 20 mins to go. They protested at paying £32 at our place but funnily enough were happy to pay it Old Trafford.

Wasnt it £36?

You sound like a bitter making excuses. Don't believe all the rubbish about protests over prices, they are as fickle as the best of them.

Possibly MB but would say their Fans are arguably more loyal in numbers than most.

Things look so good, which is why I am so worried about this game. Bad, bad feeling.

I agree. This looks so easy that Rovers must bottle it. Thank god they aren't yet in the bottom three. It would be impossible for us to win, if they were.

Then again, they got some decent players. Dunne and Distin are well good on their day. Barton is good too and Vassel and Samaras could be top top strikers given the right circumstances..eventhough Vassel looks these days like being the next big Franny Jeffers. Very very goalshy.

Along with their ineptness upfront, their biggest let down has probably been poor defending in the wings. This is good news for Bentley and Gamst.

I just hope a few recent biggish mistakes from senors Emerton and Warnock don´t turn in to Citeh goals in this game..It's been up to Brad, Samba and Nelsen to keep us safe in a couple of games now. Thankfully they've been so immense.

Been to the ground earlier and there were 5 city lads tryin to get tickets, all were turned away by security. About 15 mins later went into the store (crap for sale !!) and the wife was approached by 2 of the city lads and offered her 20 quid to purchase 4 tickets for them !

Seems they will try anything to get a ticket, pity they didnt offer me the money for the wife !!!! :rolleyes:

Let's hope it's a sell out then

It's the classic cup tie with 2 teams with contrasting form. The one thing going for them is the fact that nobody expects them to win. All the pressure is off them, unlike in the league. We're the other way round, this is realistically our last chance to make something of this season.

Worried about Dunn not being fit. Mokeana is playing well but don't think him and Tugay are suited as a partnership.

Just hope we have the bottle, as we certainly have the talent to win this comfortably.

Archived