BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brian Lara International Cricket 2007

Guest Kamy100

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kamy100

If you enjoyed BLIC 05 then you will like this, the bugs have been corrected and visually it is much better than the previous version. It is not however visually good looking as other 360 sports game, but in terms of gameplay it is superb and with the added element of "live play" it will be a blast.

If you enjoyed BLIC 05 then you will like this, the bugs have been corrected and visually it is much better than the previous version. It is not however visually good looking as other 360 sports game, but in terms of gameplay it is superb and with the added element of "live play" it will be a blast.

I have to disagree with you Kamy......07 is a disaster!!!

I loved playing BLIC05 and was looking forward to the 07 release but like many others I was taken in by all the Codemasters hype.The game is full of bugs, the wicket keeper takes the bails off at every opportunity,the fielding is ridiculous at best and gone are the old and trusted scorecard/stats to be replaced by some @#/?ised version!

Basically its been rushed out to coincide with the cricket world cup and its a real shame for a game that so much was expected of.

Folks are not happy!

I do enjoy the game, but it could be SO much better. There are too many stupid things going on, but I'll list a few:

Players take forever to throw the ball so you can get runs from almost anything

Too easy to score runs, on test difficult I just hit 203 runs in 10 overs on the hardest difficulty and I could have scored a good 20-30 more runs had I really cared...I went on to bowl the other team out for 47.

The AI batting is not smart enough and their shot selection is poor.

How about adding in some little factors, rain delays, D/L to decide matches, the umpires making the odd wrong decision.

Keeper always knocks the bails off, not a big deal but a bit annoying.

The Computer drops too many catches even on the hardest difficult and with the best teams and fielders. I played Pakistan earlier and they dropped 3 simple catches in one over.

The removal of test series and tours is annoying.

Computer batsmen are just too easy to get out. Pitch it on or just outside offstump and swing it in and you'll get them all out pretty quickly.

The only reason I bought the game and will keep the game is because it is the only cricket game out there for the 360. It has too many little bugs and whilst enjoyable the frustrating thing is that it could easily be so much better.

Guest Kamy100
I have to disagree with you Kamy......07 is a disaster!!!

I loved playing BLIC05 and was looking forward to the 07 release but like many others I was taken in by all the Codemasters hype.The game is full of bugs, the wicket keeper takes the bails off at every opportunity,the fielding is ridiculous at best and gone are the old and trusted scorecard/stats to be replaced by some @#/?ised version!

Basically its been rushed out to coincide with the cricket world cup and its a real shame for a game that so much was expected of.

Folks are not happy!

Well having played the full version I have to concur that this game is not as good as BLIC 2005. The main gripe is that it is to easy, even on the hardest possible level batting is extremely easy and the computer AI is screwed up. Also the computer fielding setup is totally stupid and unrealistic, they also miss lots of catches which again is very unrealistic. In terms of wicketkeepers knocking the bails of everytime, if you get the throwing right (which is hit and miss) the keeper will not knock of the bails.

The saving grace for this game is the online play, had some great games with friends, so for the time being that is what I will be using this game for, hopefully Codemasters will release a patch to correct the balancing of this game and upgrade the computer AI.

Now I just had the most unrealistic thing of all. Playing in the World Cup FINAL against Pakistan I needed 64 to win from 10 overs and in the first over I was dropped 4 times. All were simple. Fair enough the computer does need to drop some catches, and some simple ones too, but that is just stupid.

Well having played the full version I have to concur that this game is not as good as BLIC 2005. The main gripe is that it is to easy, even on the hardest possible level batting is extremely easy and the computer AI is screwed up. Also the computer fielding setup is totally stupid and unrealistic, they also miss lots of catches which again is very unrealistic. In terms of wicketkeepers knocking the bails of everytime, if you get the throwing right (which is hit and miss) the keeper will not knock of the bails.

The saving grace for this game is the online play, had some great games with friends, so for the time being that is what I will be using this game for, hopefully Codemasters will release a patch to correct the balancing of this game and upgrade the computer AI.

easy mmm??

just been bowled out for 15 chasing 270 in 20 overs hahaha

i must be ######...the wk always takes the bails off and drops the bowl as well.

Now I just had the most unrealistic thing of all. Playing in the World Cup FINAL against Pakistan I needed 64 to win from 10 overs and in the first over I was dropped 4 times. All were simple. Fair enough the computer does need to drop some catches, and some simple ones too, but that is just stupid.

How are you scoring 203 in 10 overs giving up 4 simple chances an over?

Disappointing game, expected more.

1) I can't be bothered trying to get the fielding bar in the middle after virtually every ball therefore an overthrow happens (even though the fielder lets it through his legs). Even when you get it virtually in the middle of the fielding bar an over throw still seems to happen.

2) The computer batting teams never seem to play a defensive shot.

3) Running/stumping. You walk down the wicket to smack the ball and miss it. It then takes your batsmen around 2-3 seconds to turn and stick his bat in the crease meanwhile the wicket keeper has fallen over, rolled around, hit the wicket and started to celebrate.

4) I create a profile and the crowd disappears, Delete the profile and the crowd reappears

How are you scoring 203 in 10 overs giving up 4 simple chances an over?

You can score at amazingly high run rates because of the fact that you can constantly slog. This will lead to you chipping the ball to a fielder every now and then, but 7/10 they'll drop it and you'll get a run, maybe two. Obviously you'll sometimes do this better than others, but because it isn't hard there is no reason to try and play sensible cricket and you'll simply find yourself going for a 6 off of nearly every ball.

Archived