BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Striker For Next Season

I've always been a big Taylor Twellman fan. He has a good eye for goal - poacher's mentality and for someone his relatively small size he's great in the air. Can be a bit lazy at times, but is more willing to put in the hard work on his "on" days than Benni or Andy Cole.

But I don't want to start trumpeting every player I like as a possible target - it gets boring. :ph34r:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It may be very optimistic but what about Peter Crouch? Ideal target man for our wingers and we could get him for about £5M.

Sorry but...no, no we couldn't. They're going to want at least double that if they want to sell. They PAID more than that, and he was crap when they bought him! Since then he's gone on to some excellent England scoring form, not to mention the hat trick against Arsenal the other day. And prices are going to inflate soon with the TV deal anyway.

Can't say I'm interested in King, I hear Nugent is inconsistent (and by the way, not especially prolific in a poor league...I'm still confused as to why Michael Chopra with 21 goals can't get a call for England or even a mention in the same breath but Nugent can with 14...I know it counts for zip but Chopra was a bit of a legend on a version of champ man I had...Cardiff paid 500k for him in the real world and he's looking a snip, very similar to what I used to get him for, wish we'd done that!), Lita looks good but would cost a bob or two right now, and seen little of Eastwood.

Can't say I'm interested in King, I hear Nugent is inconsistent (and by the way, not especially prolific in a poor league...I'm still confused as to why Michael Chopra with 21 goals can't get a call for England or even a mention in the same breath but Nugent can with 14...I know it counts for zip but Chopra was a bit of a legend on a version of champ man I had...Cardiff paid 500k for him in the real world and he's looking a snip, very similar to what I used to get him for, wish we'd done that!), Lita looks good but would cost a bob or two right now, and seen little of Eastwood.

Nugent is going to cost billions. His inclusion in the England squad probably means PNE will actually have more of a chance of keeping himas his price will have gone through the roof.

Way out of our league in transfer funds tbh.

We will get someone from abroad or take a punt on an out of favour/little known player like Beattie if we look domestically.

Nugent is going to cost billions. His inclusion in the England squad probably means PNE will actually have more of a chance of keeping himas his price will have gone through the roof.

Way out of our league in transfer funds tbh.

We will get someone from abroad or take a punt on an out of favour/little known player like Beattie if we look domestically.

Doesn't Nugent's contract run out very soon?

He can leave on a free at the end of this season, I think

If that really is the case North End took a massive gamble rejecting a big offer from Sheffield United for him in January. They really must have been banking on him getting them promotion this season - which looks like ending in more playoff misery for them to me.

His contract is up at the end of next season but he wont be available on a free transfer because of his age. If he left then it would go to a tribunal but the odds are he'll be long gone by then anyway... I disagree with the 'gamble' by keeping him in Jan - they could've let him go and slipped into mid table or keep him and still be in with a shout. He's been their best player in 2007 after a slow start to the season. His value will be no less in May than what it was in the January transfer window regardless of his England cap.

His contract is up at the end of next season but he wont be available on a free transfer because of his age. If he left then it would go to a tribunal but the odds are he'll be long gone by then anyway... I disagree with the 'gamble' by keeping him in Jan - they could've let him go and slipped into mid table or keep him and still be in with a shout. He's been their best player in 2007 after a slow start to the season. His value will be no less in May than what it was in the January transfer window regardless of his England cap.

My gamble point was based on the information that he would be available for free at the end of this season.

BOBBY ZAMORA.

I've just noticed his premiership record this season:

21 appearences

10 goals

That's some ratio, and in a crap team. If they go down we should be straight in their. I think he'd complement Benni perfectly and would'nt break the bank...

:brfc:

Oh God no!

Personally I'd like to see James Beattie bought in the summer. He is exactly the kind of player that I think we have needed these past two seasons.

I very much agree. Also, he seems out of favour at Everton at the moment

BOBBY ZAMORA.

I've just noticed his premiership record this season:

21 appearences

10 goals

That's some ratio, and in a crap team. If they go down we should be straight in their. I think he'd complement Benni perfectly and would'nt break the bank...

:brfc:

I think Zamora would be top notch. However, if was going to be signed, it should've been during the spells when he was sitting on the bench and his valuation was sinking. He's been really unlucky in the Prem. He signs for Spurs and with their glut of forwards, didn't get a good run. Signed for West Ham, starts banging them in - and then West Ham sign Ashton and he's back on the bench.

This season, Zamora gets back into the West Ham team and scoring - and West Ham go and sign Tevez. Again consigning Zamora to the bench.

Give him a run in a side and he'll score. But his fee will be excessive if anyone wants to take him off West Ham.

Guest shoppybrfc

Your armchair punditary is really showing lately Rovers6 :D Zamora is the type of player Sheff Utd would buy if they stay up. Hes not good enough for a team aiming for the top half of the Prem. Hes had countless chances in the Prem and hasnt delivered, West Ham wouldnt be near the bottom of the league if he hadnt been firing blanks earlier in the season. Plus he a ugly bugger :D

Your armchair punditary is really showing lately Rovers6 :D Zamora is the type of player Sheff Utd would buy if they stay up. Hes not good enough for a team aiming for the top half of the Prem. Hes had countless chances in the Prem and hasnt delivered, West Ham wouldnt be near the bottom of the league if he hadnt been firing blanks earlier in the season. Plus he a ugly bugger :D

That's absolute rubbish, mate. He was top scorer earlier in the season before Tevez came in. He scores from the bench and, as has been said, has a decent goal return. I can think of at least three goals hes scored against us in the last two seasons alone. People don't like the idea of Bobby Zamore because he's not a 'name' and he's too old and slightly too proven to be an exciting 'gamble'. He was good enough for a team aiming for the top 10 last season. And a team who nearly won the FA Cup. If you think West Ham being near the bottom is Zamora's fault then you don't know what you're talking about.

I just don't agree Bellamy. Ok, I don't see him play week in, week out, but I'm guessing neither does anybody on this site. Living in London, I have a fair few West Ham supporting friends. They all applaud his commitment and work-rate and the fact that he is a hammer at heart, but they get so, so frustrated at his poor finishing and seeming need to have 10 amazing chances before he can score. It's much the same with Marlon Harewood.

I remember Zamora scoring the playoff winner a few years back, but that was after he missed an open goal that would have won the game anyway! I don't rate him at all. He is one of the most frustrating players I have watched and he just isn't good enough for a top ten side. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I am glad you posted that tcj. West Ham supporters I know hate Zamora and are looking at his current scoring run with relief and disbelief. They point out that his goal against us was Devine.

To stir the pot a bit, Billy Sharp scored again yesterday.

I am glad you posted that tcj. West Ham supporters I know hate Zamora and are looking at his current scoring run with relief and disbelief. They point out that his goal against us was Devine.

To stir the pot a bit, Billy Sharp scored again yesterday.

Zamora is the hammers version of Kuqi

Don't get me wrong - he isn't the answer. It was more the fact that he took a cheap dig at Rover6 whilst simultaneously getting his facts wrong. Which bit don't you agree about, btw tcj?

I'm with Shoppy and TCJ on this. I think Zamora is a bit of a donkey. He made his name scoring in the Championship due to his pace. Spurs saw a young English player and paid over the odds for him. He did not deliver there so they shipped him off to the Hammers where he has been sporadic at best. He may be on a bit of a run now but I think a lot of that comes down to the fact that Tevez is now showing his skill and leaving Zamora with more space. Overall he is very inconsistent, cannot lead the line, only has one foot, and misses too many chances. I'll put him in the same mould as ex-Rovers, Kuqi, Dickov, and Stead; capable of scoring but don't have that extra bit of quality to keep them going for long periods.

Archived