BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joey Barton

Rubbish. Anyone who is assaulted and receives an eye injury, whether it is on the football pitch or in the street, should contact the police and would rightly expect the attacker to be prosecuted.

Henry Cooper was always getting serious injuries to his eyes by opponents whose tactics were to obviously target them. Cant rem it ever being a police matter though.

A training ground full of footballers is simply an extension of a school playground. So remember ...boys will be boys.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Henry Cooper was always getting serious injuries to his eyes by opponents whose tactics were to obviously target them. Cant rem it ever being a police matter though.

A training ground full of footballers is simply an extension of a school playground. So remember ...boys will be boys.

There's a limit though, and barton overstepped the mark. it must have been very serious as barton is city's best player and yet Pearce was willing to drop him and effectively end his career at Eastlands shortly after he signed a new contract.

I will watch his progress with interest. The one unifying experience of allof this is that those who are nobheads do ultimately go on to suffer in terms of success. The list is endless- Gazza, Collymore, Bellamy, Duncan Ferguson...

Barton needs to either sort himself out or sign onto a manager who will sort him out. Either he will just slide into oblivion as, unfortunately, he doesn't have the talent of Gazza, Collymore or Bellamy to make people think he is worth the risk.

After thinking about this though, and coming out against it personally, I can maybe see Hughes go for him. He might see him as a possible successor to Savage and fancy his chances of taming the beast.

Well if I received a detached retina following an assault by a work collegue in our place of work i'd certainly like to think I have the right to press charges. I see no reason why this is different.

1. As far as I am aware Dabo does not have a detached retina. More like a bruised ego cos no one likes to lose a scrap do they?

2. Does that not depend on any preceding events? i.e. were you winding up your workmate? Were you guilty of trying to intimidate or injure your workmate just before he tawtted you?

You are being far too judgemental Jimmy given that there are usually lots if if's and but's ...... and inevitability a bit of 'previous' in these situations.

1. As far as I am aware Dabo does not have a detached retina. More like a bruised ego cos no one likes to lose a scrap do they?

2. Does that not depend on any preceding events? i.e. were you winding up your workmate? Were you guilty of trying to intimidate or injure your workmate just before he tawtted you?

You are being far too judgemental Jimmy given that there are usually lots if if's and but's ...... and inevitability a bit of 'previous' in these situations.

Detached retina or not it was an assault worthy of hospital treatment. The run up to the scrap is of course unknown to me, and probably everyone who wasn't there, but wimp or not Dabo obviously feels he has a case for the courts to decide over. The ifs, buts and "previous" should all come out in court and, hopefully, a fair judgement on it would be made. Maybe it was just handbags that Dabo has exaggerated way further than might be expected, but Man City obviously felt Joey was in the wrong by immediately suspending him. I'm merely trying to say that if Dabo feels the courts should get involved when he's been physically assaulted he should have that right regardless of where or how it happened. Whether or not you, me or others on this board would do the same is irrelevent.

Not read this thread at all really, but Joey Barton is nothing but a common scouse thug....a bit like a younger Roy Keane but without the talent.

....should be kicked out of football

:wstu:

Aren't people who write things specifically to irritate people on the internet known as trolls?

I'll state the bleedin' obvious that Henry Cooper was a professional boxer whose job was to punch people about the head and body, ideally until they were knocked unconscious. Of course his opponents were trying to do the same to him. He and his opponent had agreed to this arrangement. I don't think Barton or Dabo had anything like this written into their contracts

Just out of interest Theno: where would you draw the line on unacceptable behaviour on the training ground?

(i) What would be the worst thing you'd tolerate before you thought criminal proceeding shouldn't begin?

(ii) What's the least worst act of violence you would decide needed criminal proceedings?

(iii) Why would you draw the line at this particular point in the scale?

There is absolutely no way Hughes will sign Joey Barton.

He has been trying to rid us of our bad boy image, not run our name through the mud again.

I would be sickened if my ticket money was used to keep him in wealth & fast cars etc.

I'll state the bleedin' obvious that Henry Cooper was a professional boxer whose job was to punch people about the head and body, ideally until they were knocked unconscious. Of course his opponents were trying to do the same to him. He and his opponent had agreed to this arrangement. I don't think Barton or Dabo had anything like this written into their contracts

Just out of interest Theno: where would you draw the line on unacceptable behaviour on the training ground?

(i) What would be the worst thing you'd tolerate before you thought criminal proceeding shouldn't begin?

(ii) What's the least worst act of violence you would decide needed criminal proceedings?

(iii) Why would you draw the line at this particular point in the scale?

And so you would make every piece of fisticuffs whether in the playground, playing field, pub etc a police matter? Common sense usually will rule except presumably in your neck of the woods. Black eyes, bruises and loose teeth are commonplace in everyday life. In this instance Barton has been told he has to go I guess because he persists in violence towards his team mates and presumably would have been on a final warning, if this was his first offence there would be little said or done about it.

I think if you stick your fingers in someone's eyes, it is worthy of reporting to the police. What Henry bloody Cooper has to do with things I don't know.

Black eyes, bruises and loose teeth are commonplace, are they? I must move in different circles to you, that's all I'll say.

And so you would make every piece of fisticuffs whether in the playground, playing field, pub etc a police matter? Common sense usually will rule except presumably in your neck of the woods. Black eyes, bruises and loose teeth are commonplace in everyday life. In this instance Barton has been told he has to go I guess because he persists in violence towards his team mates and presumably would have been on a final warning, if this was his first offence there would be little said or done about it.

I take it you feel this way about Islamic fundamentalism.

That's its a fact of life in this current climate and should just be considered normal.

I await your response :tu:

Just remind him of this thread if he's ever unfortunate enough to have the living crap kicked out of him by some random bloke / post-pub drunkard / unruly workmate.

Get over it, it's a fact of life, stop being such a crybaby etc...

Black eyes, bruises and loose teeth are commonplace in everyday life. .

In your life perhaps, but not in the lives of normal people.

I hope the Man City player has the courage to prosecute Barton and the club are willing to back him in court. It might send a message to some of the other hoodlums out there, including those in park football.

Although Barton is a thug, he is a cracking player when on form! Sign him up and put him in a room with Axe, samba and co, he wont punch any of them!

my thoughts exactly barton sav an the axe bang on sign him up

Black eyes, bruises and loose teeth are commonplace, are they? I must move in different circles to you, that's all I'll say.

Tell you what then Bryan, dont take my word for it just get yourself away from your seemingly cossetted existence in East Kent and spend the weekend in the casualty dept of any major town or City. :wstu:

I take it you feel this way about Islamic fundamentalism.

That's its a fact of life in this current climate and should just be considered normal.

Yet again you are displaying naivety by confusing instinct and human nature with brainwashing and indoctrination of the very ignorant or the very young.

It might send a message to some of the other hoodlums out there, including those in park football.

Yeah right jim. I can see knives and guns being handed in all over the country the minute Joey Barton gets a £100 fine plus a few hours community service as punishment (..... like the punishment that Eric Cantona never completed. <_< )

What a great subject for a poll folks ......

Is jim mk2

1. going gaga through senility.

2. naive.

3. just plain stupid?

or

4. All three.

Archived