BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joey Barton

Agree, good post! Now watch thenodrog come with all his fine arguments backing nice lad Barton...

Alrighty......... Barton needs strong and astute management without doubt....... but his indisciplined spats would be small beer at the training grounds of Wigan Warriors, Bradford Bulls or Leeds Rhino's etc etc. In fact he prob wouldn't have them there!

We all want to see aggression and fight and spirit in our players don't we? But unfortunately that cannot always be turned on and off like a tap.

Heh, quite predictable it seems. I checked again but it seems Barton only had one spat not plural on the training ground. The rest were in public, no? D'you suppose the Warriors, Bulls or Rhino's go around sticking lit cigars in young lads eyes, my guess is they wouldn't. They are actually men.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heh, quite predictable it seems. I checked again but it seems Barton only had one spat not plural on the training ground. The rest were in public, no? D'you suppose the Warriors, Bulls or Rhino's go around sticking lit cigars in young lads eyes, my guess is they wouldn't. They are actually men.

Do you suppose those guys thump women like Bellamy did or attack team mates with golf clubs? Do they attack IndoPaks like Woodgate and Bowyer? Do they stick vibrating mobile phones where the sun dont shine like Cole and Campbell were rumoured? There's a bloody great team here USABlue. Who would you not want out of this lot.... apart from thet bloke at Bradford?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/1235382.stm

Like I said he needs strong management, but whether he is more trouble than he is worth I cannot say.

IF all the assaults attributed to Barton are indeed true, then it matters not WHERE they were committed; they are ALL criminal assaults and as such are subject to the normal police investigations and due course of law. Simple as that.

Being a professional sportsman of any kind does NOT excuse or exonerate anybody from the law, and there is no room in our game for thugs like Barton. And I must add that I am very surprised to find Thenodrog apparently trying to excuse such behaviour.

IF all the assaults attributed to Barton are indeed true, then it matters not WHERE they were committed; they are ALL criminal assaults and as such are subject to the normal police investigations and due course of law. Simple as that.

Being a professional sportsman of any kind does NOT excuse or exonerate anybody from the law, and there is no room in our game for thugs like Barton. And I must add that I am very surprised to find Thenodrog apparently trying to excuse such behaviour.

Thenob saying something purposefully controversial and inflammatory?

I don't find that surprising in the slightest...

Did Dabo drop the charges? There is no way that Barton would not be serving some kind of sentence, after committing ABH, if he weren't a footballer. An absolutely disgusting person that deserves the very worst, yet continues to earn huge amounts of money and the opportunity to live like a king.

Did Dabo drop the charges? There is no way that Barton would not be serving some kind of sentence, after committing ABH, if he weren't a footballer. An absolutely disgusting person that deserves the very worst, yet continues to earn huge amounts of money and the opportunity to live like a king.

Somehow I don't think a small piece of sellotape over one eye would convince many juries, do you? :lol:

Thenob saying something purposefully controversial and inflammatory?

I don't find that surprising in the slightest...

I take it you two never played Blackburn Sunday League in the 70's and 80's then? The likes of Barton and Thatcher etc are pussycats compared to some of the 'characters' from that era.

I take it you two never played Blackburn Sunday League in the 70's and 80's then? The likes of Barton and Thatcher etc are pussycats compared to some of the 'characters' from that era.

I guess you never played the Gestapo Fussball Liga in the 30's and 40's then? Those Sunday League guys are harmless weaklings compared to some of the people from that era.

Lot of libellous material on this thread about Barton and tnr but as seems to be usually the case because poor old Gordon seems to be the recipient the mods seem not only to be turning a blind eye but one of their brethren seems to be instigating some of the comments!

It's not a blind eye Rev, it s piece of Sellotape

Do you suppose those guys thump women like Bellamy did or attack team mates with golf clubs? Do they attack IndoPaks like Woodgate and Bowyer? Do they stick vibrating mobile phones where the sun dont shine like Cole and Campbell were rumoured? There's a bloody great team here USABlue. Who would you not want out of this lot.... apart from thet bloke at Bradford?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/1235382.stm

Like I said he needs strong management, but whether he is more trouble than he is worth I cannot say.

You got me there Gordon, I'd still have most of 'em, perhaps Barton included. That's not been my angle really, just saying it's not on.

Whilst I don't like to see any player get injured, my heart didn't exactly bleed at the news that scouse yob Joey Barton will be out of action for about six weeks after sustaining a metatarsal fracture in his left foot at the weekend.

There's an old saying "What goes around comes around" - and Joey Barton enjoyed dishing it out last season. He could have done some serious damage to Tugay's foot when he made a disgraceful stamp on his heel at Ewood Park. Barton also did the same thing to Pedro Mendes as well last season.

I wonder if Joey will receive a 'get well' card from brother Michael....

bartontackle.jpgMugshot__barton%20michael.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even know the ins and outs of the law, but Barton will get away with a slap on the wrist. I wonder if he'll even have to face any kind of community service before he is let to go on living a free life, earning millions. Any other person in the world would be serving some kind of prison sentence. This is a disgrace. I've never wished an injury on any player before but, if it were a guy like him, I wouldn't care if he broke his leg in the worst way possible.

Archived