BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's bound to be the emirates, as talksport (so unbiased in their views) say, because they have more fans, and lets face it Blackburn won't get through anyway so why should they travel up here? *vomit*

I hope we get Chelski, I hope Samba has Drogba sorted all game, the axe has Lampard sorted all game and Benni scores against his old boss. Robben gets sent off for diving and Jose gets sent to the stands for having a go at the ref in Portugese. Terry decides he needs the rest of the season off to recuperate and Essien scores three own goals. While Shevchenko is too busy seeing if he can spot Roman in the crowd.

All the while Sir Alex gets redder by the day and spontaneously combusts.

Rovers V Watford in the final.

:lol::lol::lol:

Lets hope Rovers have some input into ticket prices. My guess is the FA will be creaming too large an amount out of this game, so it will start around 40-50 quid.

That will undoubtably put a good few off.

I've never been to a semi final with Rovers before, so can't wait!

me neither, i was on a stag weekend when we played arse at the millenium.

i'm happy we've got chelski/ spuds, neither are convincing (as yesterday's game showed). it's a 1 off game and anything can happen.

whoever, wherever, whenever, - we'll win.

Tottenham should have beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday but they have already defeated Jose Mourinho's team at White Hart Lane this season and know how to beat them.

Their replay is on a Monday evening - and Chelsea will go into the match having played the previous Wednesday and Saturday.

Chelsea are also carrying a couple of injuries so it is certainly no foregone conclusion that both Mourinho's team and United will progress through to the last four.

Fair points made by Alan Hansen there. Spurs should have won on Sunday and have beaten Chelsea at WHL already this season. I'd much rather play Spurs - and I think that's who we'll get.

i'm happy we've got chelski/ spuds, neither are convincing (as yesterday's game showed). it's a 1 off game and anything can happen.

whoever, wherever, whenever, - we'll win.

Don't forget, we'll have to beat the ref too :ph34r:

I know its a semi and the odds of drawing a big club are short,but its every semi draw over the past few years were the "littler" clubs meet a "big club" and the big are kept seperate.

I cant wait!!!!!

hope they have it at OT or eastlands ,just so the southerners have to travel like any northern club needs to to for wemberley.

serousley hope its not cardiff,villa will be kool and it will keep the ticket prices real as well.

Last season:

Semi-Final

1 + Chelsea 1 - 2 Liverpool 22/04/2006

2 + Middlesbrough 0 - 1 West Ham United 23/04/2006

2 seasons ago:

Semi-Final

Manchester United 4 - 1 Newcastle United 17/04/2005

Arsenal 3 - 0 Blackburn Rovers 16/04/2005

3 seasons ago:

Semi-Final

Manchester United 1 - 0 Arsenal 03/04/2004

Millwall 1 - 0 Sunderland 04/04/2004

4 seasons ago:

Only one big club left:

Semi-Final

Southampton 2 - 1 Watford 14/04/2003

Arsenal 1 - 0 Sheffield United 14/04/2003

Seems to be statistically normal. But hey, what's to stop Rovers fans from having a conspiracy theory.

As for me, I'm just hoping it's on Saturday.

Seems to be statistically normal. But hey, what's to stop Rovers fans from having a conspiracy theory.

The doubts over the actual method adds fire to this feeling of the possibility of "draw fixing". I understand that the balls are hand-picked by a human? This leaves the process open to corruptibility. Instead of having fans and the media say "oh look, the two big teams have been drawn apart" everytime the expected happens, all doubt could be erased by having a lottery machines mix the balls out and then pick a ball.

We need a poll on this question for this topic.

Question:

"Do you think the FA Cup draw is 'externally influenced'?"

Answers:

"No"

"Possibly"

"Yes"

I hazard a guess that you will find that more people are just releasing frustration. Me included, although doubt always remains. Football is not exactly corruption-free, as Italian football found out just last year. It seems almost silly to not allow a machine (not to be confused with a computer program) decide the draw in this era of big money, nevermind surprising.

4 balls = 12 possible combinations (1 vs. 3, 3 vs. 1 = 2 combinations, although irrelevant bearing in mind neutral ground).

2 combinations = Chelsea/Spuds Vs. Mancs/M'boro been drawn together [6/1]

10 combinations = them been kept apart [1.2/1]

....and people are surprised they were kept apart?

Personally I subscribe to the conspiracy theory its more fun, I do think a lottery machine and independent adjudicator is needed and the longer this informal arrangement continues the more speculation there will be.

Imagine how tarnished the greatest cup competition in the world would be if it turned out to be fixed. I suspect someone would go to prison - so why risk it?

I know it seems harsh on Rovers but we shouldn't be too cynical.

Last year the two big teams in the last four were Liverpool and Chelsea. Yet they were drawn together. In 2004 the big two left were Man U and Arsenal...they got drawn together in the semis meaning that Sunderland or Millwall would reach the final.

We should also remember we got an easy ride all the way to the final of the Worthy in 2002. Chelsea and Spurs drawn together in the semis when that would have been the glamour final.

We have been unlucky at times without doubt but there is no evidence to suggest it is anymore than that.

Absolutely gutted that we again get the ###### end of the draw.....whilst Utd saunter through....

Makes me sick also, this is the same club who a few years ago stuck two fingers up to the FA cup and its tradition to go on a f'kin money spinning tournament in Brazil? :angry:

Rovers CAN do it and I have a feeling Spurs will take Chelsea right to the wire in the replay.

Rovers v London club semi should NOT even be considered for London.

This is based on simple logic.

If the London team wins, then they are "at home" for the final

If we win, we have to travel.

Therefore Villa Park, Hillsborough or Old Trafford should be the venue.

Or even Elland Road

Archived