BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 West Ham 2

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

In yesterday's Daily Telegraph Sue Mott did an interview with Howard Webb who says............" But do not for one minute think referees drive away from games and forget all about it. I care massively. If I make a mistake that costs a team points or turns the game, I struggle for days. I'll fall out with the wife, if I have a bad weekend."

After the Blackburn v West Ham game this season in which he allowed goals that should have been disallowed for handball (arguably), offside and not crossing the line, he was hardly civil to his wife for three days. Even when he could blame his assistants for two out of the three errors.

I'm siue we are all happy now that Webb has suffered from angst after that match! But is Sue Mott just referring to the 2nd goal, which could have been disallowed so many times, when a lot of Rovers fans were also unhappy about the penalty?

Jim devine was also devastated at what he had done and couldn't believe he had done it. He was so upset that his wife, my cousin Helen, told him to give up football altogether if he couldn't get over it. Problem is he is a genuine football fan and loves what he does, and so wants if possible to carry on.

Jim devine was also devastated at what he had done and couldn't believe he had done it. He was so upset that his wife, my cousin Helen, told him to give up football altogether if he couldn't get over it. Problem is he is a genuine football fan and loves what he does, and so wants if possible to carry on.

He offered to resign, sadly it was rejected.

I'll bet he wasnt as upset as I was that afternoon.

He could always go back to being Mr Magoo in the cartoons?

The problem is, referees being 'devastated' doesn't give us back the point(s) we lost which could cost us a European place.

And then you find the same 'mistakes' happening in other games......... not really very satisfactory.

ah diddums for him....NEXT TIME YOU SEE HIM TAKE HIM TO FRIGGIN SPECSAVERS

I'm a genuine football fan too...... And I'm in full agreement with his missus! :tu:

Archived