BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 West Ham 2

He gave 5 solid years to us,

Well, if we're being strictly accurate, a great first season, not so good second, two dire ones, a good one again in "contract drive" season and a pretty inconspicuous few months leading up to his ignominious departure.

Hope he doesn't injure any of our key players tomorrow with his lack of tackling technique.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, if we're being strictly accurate, a great first season, not so good second, two dire ones, a good one again in "contract drive" season and a pretty inconspicuous few months leading up to his ignominious departure.

Hope he doesn't injure any of our key players tomorrow with his lack of tackling technique.

Let it go Revidge. Curtis just wasn't good enough, i'm sure he would think bad of you if you admitted Lucas was actually a damn good player for most of his time at Rovers. 2 Dire seasons? I must have missed those!!!

Let it go Revidge. Curtis just wasn't good enough, i'm sure he would think bad of you if you admitted Lucas was actually a damn good player for most of his time at Rovers. 2 Dire seasons? I must have missed those!!!

Revidge is right. Exactly right. The reason we didn't renew his contract a year before was that he didn't deserve it, as he was awful.

My position exactly. Not even sure its that stupid as he is being paid a load of cash. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

I respect the fact he was at least honest about it unlike Bellamy. Won't get a cheer from me but won't be booing him from my pub stool in Edinburgh either!

Which pub will you be in Joey? There are a few apparantley heading for the Queens Arms in Frederick St.

The banner on Sky Sports says that West Ham have only won one of their last 15 in Ewood, and they're the only team in all four divisions without an away win. I'm suddenly worried.... it'd be nice to hockey them, though!

The banner on Sky Sports says that West Ham have only won one of their last 15 in Ewood, and they're the only team in all four divisions without an away win. I'm suddenly worried.... it'd be nice to hockey them, though!

West Hams' record at Ewood is about as bad as our record at Upton Park. So im not expecting a win at all, but agree with James that Neill could well get one against us (ex players do that. Its a footballing law or something - thou shalt put one past thy former club).

Also agree with Revidge, that his dodgy tackling skills will be liberally used against us.

It would be a laff if he got sent off though :lol:

And just when everybody expect us to win 'easily', we're getting a poor match, Rovers being arrogant, getting caught at a standard situation and finding it extremely hard to break down the West Ham wall after that. A draw, at max. Or a loss. It must be said to not make it happen. Go Rovers!

Zurab about Lucas Neill..............

"He was the captain and everybody listened to him, so when you lose the captain, of course, it is no good for the team."

Now I'm one who rated Lucas's abilities (and still do) but I have to say that both Zurab and I are wrong. Results since Lucas left have been fantastic.

ROVERS: Friedel, Emerton, Samba, Khizanishvili, Warnock, Bentley, Tugay, Dunn, Pedersen, McCarthy, Derbyshire. Subs: Brown (GK), Henchoz, Gallagher, Roberts, Peter.

WEST HAM: Green, Neill, Ferdinand, McCartney, Harewood, Etherington, Collins, Reo-Coker ©, Noble, Bowyer, Tevez. Subs: Walker (GK), Boa Morte, Mullins, Spector, Zamora.

From the official site. Nelsen out and Dunn coming in for suspended Mokoena.

ROVERS: Friedel, Emerton, Samba, Khizanishvili, Warnock, Bentley, Tugay, Dunn, Pedersen, McCarthy, Derbyshire. Subs: Brown (GK), Henchoz, Gallagher, Roberts, Peter.

WEST HAM: Green, Neill, Ferdinand, McCartney, Harewood, Etherington, Collins, Reo-Coker ©, Noble, Bowyer, Tevez. Subs: Walker (GK), Boa Morte, Mullins, Spector, Zamora.

From the official site. Nelsen out and Dunn coming in for suspended Mokoena.

I must say i'm very nervous about this match. I have a feeling for Tevez scoring :(

Archived