BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunn And Tugay In The Same Midfield

pg

Because there wasn't anyone else available on Saturday!

At last someone comes up with the correct answer! Absolutely right Jan. They were the only central midfielders availible. Bentley is a right winger pure and simple.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunn hadn't played 90 minutes in the Championship since the middle of October. :wstu:

(In fact he's only completed 90 minutes for us in 3 games - of course he needs more time!)

And that's a fantastic reason to sign him isn't it..?...Why should we be giving him more time. We've got Europe to aim for and we need people who are fit now, not needing 5 games to get up to any sort of fitness...Get him out on loan or something because on saturday he let us down in the last 15 minutes because he couldn't compete. Breathing out of his arse!!!! Reo Coker waltzed past him numerous times and he's not lightning quick. Its not a case of victimising him, I just don't see why we need to make allowances for someone who clearly doesn't push himself to the limit to get fit quickly.

I am totally bemused and confused by this thread.

Playing against physical brutes, Dunn and Tugay in midfield is not the most sensible of combinations but we were playing West Ham and to be honest Dunn and Tugay were doing OK up to the 70th minute or thereabouts.

Not brilliant but certainly not badly. Bearing in mind this was a scratch combination, they did not let the team down. Dunn scuffed a very presentable opportunity and Toogs lay deeper than normal so the killer forward passes were missing.

The failure of Rovers to get back into the game coincided with...

wait for it...

the substitution of Tugay.

This thread is about as big a mythical problem as Dunn's excess weight. Just look at him as he really is- he is a big lad but he's not carrying any excess now.

I am totally bemused and confused by this thread.

Playing against physical brutes, Dunn and Tugay in midfield is not the most sensible of combinations but we were playing West Ham and to be honest Dunn and Tugay were doing OK up to the 70th minute or thereabouts.

Not brilliant but certainly not badly. Bearing in mind this was a scratch combination, they did not let the team down. Dunn scuffed a very presentable opportunity and Toogs lay deeper than normal so the killer forward passes were missing.

The failure of Rovers to get back into the game coincided with...

wait for it...

the substitution of Tugay.

This thread is about as big a mythical problem as Dunn's excess weight. Just look at him as he really is- he is a big lad but he's not carrying any excess now.

Dunn and Tugay is a poor midfield combination anywhich way you look at it, nobody there to get hold of the ball. But I cannot see why it is such an issue as Hughes didn't have a choice. The only other option we woul dof had is to put Zurab in there, and he is completely untested in this position at Rovers.

The only way criticism can be levelled upon our manager is in not bringing in another DM during the window. This was a mistake, but overall Hughes has done a fantastic job in - as Souey would say - weeing with the willie we have.

All in all it's such a shame as with either Savage or Reid we would probably have won but people have to contextualise this. Our midfield has been absolutely wrecked by injury to two vital players and a suspension to our backup holding player. On Saturday we have four very offensive minded individuals out there and suffered as a result.

As for Dunn: he hasn't found his feet but he can be a near world class player. Last season he put in some fantastic performances for Brum, he will turn it on for us at some point. As it is he has not been poor just a bit run of the mill. Freeing him up on the right of midfield or even paring him up front with McCarthy could give him the space he needs.

People should judge him on the context of his fee. He cost the same as Pedersen, a third of Savage, thesame as Bentley. Just like all those players he needs time to settle. We have high expectations but lets not get carried away.

People should judge him on the context of his fee. He cost the same as Pedersen, a third of Savage, thesame as Bentley. Just like all those players he needs time to settle. We have high expectations but lets not get carried away.

The difference is that these aren't local Blackburn lads who have done better than their counterparts who now feel bad and want to diss him given any possible opportunity. OR are still harking back to an alleged incident way in the past. And If you look at the Savage and Bentley threads, there was much talk about them not justifying their fee as well. This time it has more vitriol.

And that's a fantastic reason to sign him isn't it..?...Why should we be giving him more time. We've got Europe to aim for and we need people who are fit now, not needing 5 games to get up to any sort of fitness...Get him out on loan or something because on saturday he let us down in the last 15 minutes because he couldn't compete. Breathing out of his arse!!!! Reo Coker waltzed past him numerous times and he's not lightning quick. Its not a case of victimising him, I just don't see why we need to make allowances for someone who clearly doesn't push himself to the limit to get fit quickly.

The reason for signing him was Reid injuring himself in training, leaving us completely without cover in the centre.

As you think he's such a crap signing, which of the players we had available should have played with Tugay?

For what it's worth I thought Dunn had a crap game, but don't think one crap game is justifcation for getting the knives out.

Do you mean last Friday or the Friday before. To be honest if it was the Friday before the Man City mtch I don't think it's too much of an issue. he was suspended for that match. If it was the Friday before West Ham then that is clearly not acceptable.

A modern footballer can't be going out on all-day sessions during the season and expect to get away with it.

I don't think thats an unfair to say. Injury has limited his opportunities but when on form he can be devastating. Give him till the end of the season and then judge.

I thought he was laughing because Dunn literally cannot find his feet, unless he sucks the guts up of course

I have to agree with a lot of the ppl on this thred. We lose one game because of some bad calls and all of a sudden then entire Rovers squad is as the city fans would chant "not fit to wear the shirt". Footballs crazy like that and thats why i love it! I mean you win some and you lose some. If anything we should be mad at the reffs not the players. I think once we get this west ham calamity out of the way were gonna come back stronger then ever and eager to prove it to everyone. As for dunn yes he is a little huskey for a prem first teamer and true hes probley not at peak fitness but give him a little time and like anyone that new or returning givethem a little time before we condem them to the chopping block.

Its about time David Dunn started putting in the necessary to work to lose that extra weight he is carrying! Dont tell me he is, because only last friday he was on an all afternoon bender and all night bender with Ricky Hatton and they were in the local pub until late! Drinking pints of guiness - now that isnt going to do his fitness any good is it!!

So you personally witnessed Dunn and Ricky Hatton in your local supping Guinness into the wee early hours?

Whatever.

I'd like to know how you are so sure as well. You certainly sound like you were there all afternoon and all night.

If true he deserves disciplining but I find it hard to believe he would be supping numerous pints in the local just after he's come back.

I'd like to know how you are so sure as well. You certainly sound like you were there all afternoon and all night.

If true he deserves disciplining but I find it hard to believe he would be supping numerous pints in the local just after he's come back.

He was there. Dunn turned him down.

He is scorned

I thought Dunn had a lot of extra weight until I saw him take his shirt off after the Arsenal game.

There is nothing to worry about, he was not overweight.

Whenever he comes on as a substitute, he has to change from training kit into shirt. There IS no problem- I sit in the block next to the dugout. It's pure jealousy and spite.

Whenever he comes on as a substitute, he has to change from training kit into shirt. There IS no problem- I sit in the block next to the dugout. It's pure jealousy and spite.

Dunny is a true Rover-one of us and I just dont understand some of the vitriol on this mb. It goes beyond criticism of his performances and I struggle to get my head around it.

So you personally witnessed Dunn and Ricky Hatton in your local supping Guinness into the wee early hours?

Whatever.

I saw both Hatton and Dunn out round Blackburn town centre on the Saturday night before the City game. They were out separately and neither seemed particularly worse for wear even late on.

I think we need to have abit more faith with David Dunn. Aaron Mokoena is a perfect example of this. I myself have called Mokoena but I tell ya something he's bloody proving me wrong. Mokoena recent performances have been fantastic and it has changed my opinion of the man. i am pretty sure Dunn can recapture some great form. I'd say Mokoena's name his one of the first names on Hughes' team sheet when not banned.

Dunny is a true Rover-one of us and I just dont understand some of the vitriol on this mb. It goes beyond criticism of his performances and I struggle to get my head around it.

Dunny is just muscley he aint fat at all I agree. He is broad shouldered and built well.

People are just wanting Dunny to fail so they can say "I told you so". Personally as long as he starts performing soon, he can go drinking every day and night for all I care.

Archived