BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucash Neill

I'm surprised that we didn't give Andy Cole a chilling reception a few weeks ago when playing for Pompey.

MOVE ON.

Cole didn't want to go. Didn't agitate to go. Didn't make bold clains which he singularly then failed to back up. No-one blames Neill for leaving. We're having a go because of his pathetic claims "Barcelona" "I'm going to my boyhood team". Had he said- Nah mate, just want the huge signing on fee and extra money and don't really care about where I play football, (the actual truth) people wouldn't necessarily have liked it, but they wouldn't be jeering at him. (Although again the jeering should have waited till we were 4-0 up)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're having a go because of his pathetic claims "Barcelona"

Why blame the player, when it's down to his sole-destroying agent, Peter Harrison aka the fat-man.

This man has caused so much unrest with LuCASH Neill and also with Andy Todd. Neill fair enough then claimed he needed a change, but he moved to a club which doubled his wages and a strong possibility that he will be moving clubs again in the summer when the Hammers are relegated.

It's Neill's agent who is making all the bad publicity for him and is only concerned in lining his own pockets. LuCASH is more than foolish to listen to him as he's his advisor and personal friend.

It's a crime (in the most informal of terms) to the true tradition of Blackburn Rovers.

There has been some decent players who have gave their entire effort to the club during their stay, but yet we continue to give them a negative reception on their return to Ewood Park.

We have done this to Alan Shearer, Craig Bellamy, more recently LuCASH Neill and i think Tim Sherwood also got a poor welcoming when he came back to Ewood Park. Some of these players have been relatively long standing, but successful servants to the club, but why do we have to continue lowering ourselves to this child-like behaviour. If these players have left for whatever reasons, then so be it. We have to move on as well, but remember what they have done for the club.

I'm surprised that we didn't give Andy Cole a chilling reception a few weeks ago when playing for Pompey.

Try to mature and accept their decisions. We've continued to be successful despite their departures (well apart from Mr Shearer) and look at the new signing in Stevie Warnock. I'm delighted to say we haven't missed Neill since he departed the club, but I'll never forget his service he gave to the club.

MOVE ON.

You are missing my point entirely. If you read my posts on this thread and the previous Lucas threads I have been happy to defend his right and his decision to leave the club. Hell, I even understand why he might want to. I don't hold a grudge against him, I never booed him when he wore the blue and white and frankly I didn't boo him on Saturday either. So I consider myself mature enough to accept his decision. No hysterical reaction to the press here. But I did laugh at the chants and I think they are entirely understandable. My point is very simple - nobody complains when the villain comes on stage in the pantomime and gets booed - it's understood. And so is players getting booed sometimes when they return to a club they have left of their own volition. And that's all Saturday was. Going to the press and whinging about it (talk about whinging poms!?!?) simply makes more of it than there was. As I said, it wasn't even intimadatory, it was nothing really. It's not me who needs to mature, or indeed the people booing him, it's a certain very rich yound Australian, and some of the people posting on here.

I liked Lucas when he was here and defended his right to move if he wanted to provided that we got what we wanted out of the deal as well, which we did. I didn't boo him because i had the feeling things might go wrong but I can't believe he didn't think he'd get any stick at all when he came back. There was little real nastiness from most of the fans who simply contented themselves with mocking his pretence that he went for the prestige of playing for a massive club rather than the money. If he could be as honest as some people on the message board here are and say look I got a massive offer and I have certain ambitions when I retire that will be helped by West Ham's huge pay deal then we might not like it but at least we'd respect it. It's the selfdelusion that is hard to take. I was very annoyed to see the interview he gave after the match saying how he was still mates with the lads etc. Bet he's not on Bentley's Christmas card list!

I was very annoyed to see the interview he gave after the match saying how he was still mates with the lads etc. Bet he's not on Bentley's Christmas card list!

I bet he is. Playing football together in ones youth foments a strong bond throughout life. I was very saddened to hear that one of my teammates from the school football team died from a heart attack recently. We were never really close mates, in fact I haven't seen him for over 30 years but because we played in the same team for six years the news still left me feeling a strong sense of loss.

Well, I can understand people being frustrated with him and what he said about the 'bigger club' thing, but I must be honest, this who is a big club and who is a small club is getting tedious to me now, everyone basis it on different things and it's pointless. I respect the fact that he didn't lie about wanting to leave, but saying it was for a fresh challenge is quite funny. He must realise that people are laughing at him when he talks about the West Ham legends. Who really would pick West Ham over Liverpool unless it was for the money or you supported the club? He doesn't really annoy me, I just find it quite amusing that his ego grew and grew after the world cup. One thing I would say though, if he was haggling for a move to West Ham, which player in their right mind would say 'yes I'm leaving for the money', if I went for a job and they said 'why do you want this job?' and I replied 'oh, for the money' I think that would be interview over.

I can't say it's disgraceful booing Neill, it's nothing more than a bit of a laugh. I personally respect him more for being honest about wanting to leave, but whatever floats your boat, or should that be whatever you feel for Neill :lol: .

You should never criticise a person for honesty. Everybody knows that Neill only went to WHU for the money BUT he obviously cannot admit publically to that because of club politics with the other players and the fans.

I wouldn't say that Lucas has been one bit honest, I think most Rovers fans would've said fair enough if he'd gone to Liverpool, AC Milan, Barcalona (or any other team his agent thought of) but going to a relegation team shows how much he doesn't care about Rovers and him saying he wants to fulfill his dreams was total rubbish!

I agree that he can't come out and say that he went for the money, but he must accept that we all know that's the case and accept the booing as fair enough.

I agree that he can't come out and say that he went for the money, but he must accept that we all know that's the case and accept the booing as fair enough.

Aye, I agree. It's nothing sinister.

I wouldn't say that Lucas has been one bit honest, I think most Rovers fans would've said fair enough if he'd gone to Liverpool, AC Milan, Barcalona (or any other team his agent thought of) but going to a relegation team shows how much he doesn't care about Rovers and him saying he wants to fulfill his dreams was total rubbish!

Not ad-verbatum but near enough......

'Thanks but I'm not going to sign a new contract for BRFC'.

'I will leave BRFC when my contract runs out in the summer of 2007, until then I will play to the best of my ability wherever and whenever the club require me to'.

I'm really struggling here OJ... wtf is dishonest about that? Whilst you're at it compare it to most others who have left us. I find all this stupid given that we all loved winning the Robbie Savage transfer saga where Robbie definitely did not behave with anywhere near as much honour as Neill.

I've got to say I am struggling with the mentality of some who remain persist in remaining vindictive toward somebody who is simply doing the best for himself out of the surreal reward situation within the Premiership. I guess if I take one small crumb of comfort from Saturday's daylight robbery was witnessing the result at the final whistle allowing Neill the satisfaction of shoving the jeers back down the throats of the moronic boo-boys. It must have been sweet.

'I will leave BRFC when my contract runs out in the summer of 2007, until then I will play to the best of my ability wherever and whenever the club require me to'.

I'm really struggling here OJ... wtf is dishonest about that? Whilst you're at it compare it to most others who have left us. I find all this stupid given that we all loved winning the Robbie Savage transfer saga where Robbie definitely did not behave with anywhere near as much honour as Neill.

I've got to say I am struggling with the mentality of some who remain persist in remaining vindictive toward somebody who is simply doing the best for himself out of the surreal reward situation within the Premiership. I guess if I take one small crumb of comfort from Saturday's daylight robbery was witnessing the result at the final whistle allowing Neill the satisfaction of shoving the jeers back down the throats of the moronic boo-boys. It must have been sweet.

FFS! There was another similar post to this earlier in this thread and I find it incredible. Did you enjoy that result on Saturday? Were you one of those who thought it marvellous that he insulted fellow Rovers supporters against Nancy? What is it about Lucas Neill? Are you a Rovers fan or what for Christs sake? Get a grip.

You see, this is what I'm talking about. A little bit of booing to a guy worth millions for 90 minutes, which is all in the game, and you are supporting him and calling the people who booed him moronic. If you are struggling with the mentality of people enjoying a bit of banter then quite frankly I'm completely incredulous at the mentality of someone who took some satisfaction out of us losing (being robbed) on Saturday!! :wacko:

It staggers me sometimes this board. I know you didn't support it, but there's been a long thread about Rovers thugs fighting each other in Germany with people excusing it and yet a bit of booing of an ex-player brings people out of the woodwork calling it criminal, disgusting and disgraceful! The only reason this has got blown up is that Lucas whined about it to the press. He needs to grow a pair and get on with spending his money!

Being booed on your return to a previous club is part and parcel of the game. This is a fact for all but a few. Whether it is right or wrong is a different story completely. Lucas Neill is generally detested by all football fans at the moment for his cash over ambition move to a side fighting relegation.

How he could possibley believe for one second that he wouldn't be booed just shows what little exposure to the real world most footballers have.

He is a complete prat for this reason if no other.

Pity the git got the last laugh.

......Did you enjoy that result on Saturday?

............. quite frankly I'm completely incredulous at the mentality of someone who took some satisfaction out of us losing (being robbed) on Saturday!! :wacko:

I don't think you two have read this board recently.

still......

Some people simply cannot / will not ever see the bigger picture I guess. :rolleyes:

Never mind guys I expect you all thought the moronic and boring booing of Cole by Spurs fans just cos he used to play for their other rivals throughout last nights SF clash with Chelsea was logical in the context of the match and sounded well good? Well it certainly was'nt very productive thats for sure. :)

It staggers me sometimes this board. I know you didn't support it, but there's been a long thread about Rovers thugs fighting each other in Germany with people excusing it and yet a bit of booing of an ex-player brings people out of the woodwork........

I'll bet after the match that those empty bgugers who were fighting in Germany were absolutely hoarse with booing and shouting obsceneties at Lucas Neill for 88 minutes...... the other 2 were prob spent swinging punches at some hapless steward or other. It's the mentality I can't stand. Needless to say I'm not with them on both counts.

I don't think you two have read this board recently.

still......

Some people simply cannot / will not ever see the bigger picture I guess. :rolleyes:

Never mind guys I expect you all thought the moronic and boring booing of Cole by Spurs fans just cos he used to play for their other rivals throughout last nights SF clash with Chelsea was logical in the context of the match and sounded well good? Well it certainly was'nt very productive thats for sure. :)

I have read the board Drog but I was simply quoting what you said one post earlier. Vague statements about a "bigger picture" do not constitute a reasoned argument. And as for bringing Ashley Cole into it - what relevance is that? And perhaps you should read posts more carefully. I said that booing of former players was "understandable". Is it logical - no, but what else is in football? Did it sound well good? Not particularly, but it did play some small part in creating an atmosphere at the game because then the Chelsea fans respond. It's the same at Ewood when away fans sing about Robbie Savage - it always gets the BBE going in response. Maybe that's the bigger picture you're not getting?

I don't know why some people are suggesting he was booed as he was dishonest after all does anyone believe that he wouldn't have been booed if he'd come out and said he went for the money? Of course not...Neill was booed because he left and very little else!

The only reason I disagree with the booing is because it always seems so childish. It is more like pantomime than football.

It might have been inevitable but i think it is a shame he got booed

His comments post game seem fair, if a bit strong

He gave his all for us when he played

He left for loads of money, fair enough

I think his comments, rather than showing him to be an arrogant a***hole, show that he cared

and it upset him, like I say it is a bit sad if he tried his best for us, cared for the club a bit, that he got

such a hostile reaction

the greedy aussie got everything he deserved on Saturday, i don't know why people are sticking up for him, he did the dirt on us and deserves everything that comes his way

How on earth did he 'do the dirt' on us?

It s a free country, he is allowed to move if he wants. We got a decent fee for him and have come out of it stronger due to Hughesy proficiency in the transfer market.

He did not screw us over any which way you look at it. He just exercised his free choice.

For all those who are saying 'Lucas did not lie' - does this mean you believe him about all that Bobby Moore stuff?

Because thats the reason he gave for leaving:

Rovers (Europe, FA Cup, captain, not going down) £20k+ a week

for

WHam (out of all cups, going down) £60k+ a week

and not the money-if he expects the fans to believe that then he obviously thinks we are less intelligent than we are.

None of which is really any of our business though is it?

What is our business is how he did for us...he was a good player for us and certainly gave his all for the club. As he says there have been other players that have taken the club for a ride and not been here long. Unlike the truly awful players we have had (Davies for example) he was a good buy and unlike the true to$$ers we have had (Barry Ferguson) he didn't refuse to play for the club, demand a transfer and hold the club to ransom. Both Neill and Rovers did well out of it.

We made good money on him and ultimately are in better shape now.

Good luck to him and if he sees Beckenbauer looking back from the mirror then that's up to him!

Archived