BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds Utd 2001

Amazing with its size, there is only 1 premiership club in yorkshire,

Alot of Middlesbrough fans still consider themselves as North Yorkshire.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If what people on here have said previously is correct and I believe it is, then Middlesbrough is still in Yorkshire. The old county boundaries are still in place and Teesside is an administrative county only. Thus Bolton and Barrow in Furness are, and have always been in Lancashire.

Remembering the Leeds scum at Ewood during the one minutes silence for Sir Matt Busby - I remeber them booing, catcalling and singing about Don Revie for the full minute. It wasn't a few of them, or even 25% as someone posted, it was virtually the lot of them. The lowest of the low. Untermensch, underclass, scum. :brfc:

Not being from England, I don't really understand the talk behind Leeds relegation, I didn't realise their fans were such (Please don't use that word again)knuckles

100% SCUM ,THERE FANS ARE KNOBS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

Loads of Leeds fans here in Bridlington, so I was surprised when there were fewer police cars than usual around last night. Bridlington is the choice destination for scumbags from Leeds, Bradford etc if they fancy a fight by the sea. Indeed, the natives hate the 'Wezzas' as they're called. Mind you, they're so parochial, the natives, are suspicious of those from Scarborough and Hull.

Anyway, let's take a minute to be sympathetic to Leeds fans. Sod that..........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

If what people on here have said previously is correct and I believe it is, then Middlesbrough is still in Yorkshire. The old county boundaries are still in place and Teesside is an administrative county only. Thus Bolton and Barrow in Furness are, and have always been in Lancashire.

As I imagine are the 4 big Manchester and Liverpool teams.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ May 4 2007, 16:05 ) 510383[/snapback]
The Sheep lovers have now gone into administration, probably to avoid losing 10 points next season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6624731.stm

"Former Premiership football club Leeds United has called in administrators.

It will mean United are docked 10 league points, but it is not clear if that would happen this season or next. "

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ May 4 2007, 16:05 ) 510383[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The Sheep lovers have now gone into administration, probably to avoid losing 10 points next season.

It will mean United are docked 10 league points, but it is not clear if that would happen this season or next. "

What's not clear FLB?

Where does it say that?

I read;

By taking the decision to go into administration during the current season, Leeds will have 10 points deducted while it is still in the Championship, rather than - as was likely in any case - when it started next season in League One.

Should the penalty have been held over, it would have meant that the club started next season with a points tally of minus 10.

By doing it they have been relegated without anyone playing a game, surely a trivia question in years to come.

It should be held over to next season. The ten-point penalty for going into administration is supposed to be a punishment but Leeds have now timed it so it is irrelevant. As such they (or the previous owners most likely) have run a club poorly financially and got away scot free.

There should some kind of deadline day a few months before the end of the season like in transfers. Any club going into Administration after that should have it held over until the next season.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ May 4 2007, 16:05 ) 510383[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The Sheep lovers have now gone into administration, probably to avoid losing 10 points next season.

In the BBC article it clearly states they have done it now before the last game of this season in order to avoid the loss of 10 points next season which would seriously jeapordise their chances of promotion next season.

Once again perfectly legal, (and some will say clever) but I will call it what it is: Sharp practice! And another illustration of the rotten world of business and high finance. Stay JUST on the legal side of every deal, avoid paying a penny more than you can get away with at all times, avoid payment of any debts whenever or for as long as you can, avoid taxes to the utmost extent that you can. ALL perfectly legal; but ALL rotten to the core!

The ten-point deduction rule is just a stick to beat the little clubs with. I don't think it's particularly fair for anyone - there but for the grace of god, and all that... Fair play to the odious Bates for having the smarts to humiliate Leeds this season rather than relegate them again next year.

They're completely finished, aren't they? Wonder how much Wise and the gang are extracting from the ruins of an unlamented disaster club.

Almost forgot to add - :lol: :lol: :lol:

It should be held over to next season. The ten-point penalty for going into administration is supposed to be a punishment but Leeds have now timed it so it is irrelevant. As such they (or the previous owners most likely) have run a club poorly financially and got away scot free.

Why do you want to make it as bad as possible for Leeds? I don't understand why so many people on here seemingly get pleasure out of things going wrong for other clubs, it's a horrible attitude.

The 10 points thing was brought in because someone (I forget who now) got promoted by going into administration. Had they not done so they would have had to lose all their best players, but by going into administration they kept hold of them and were able to gain promotion. The clubs who missed out felt (rightfully so) that this was unfair, so to prevent it happening again they brought in the 10 point rule.

Leeds having a hard enough time as it is, it's a bit sick that people are getting upset that's it not going even worse.

Why do you want to make it as bad as possible for Leeds? I don't understand why so many people on here seemingly get pleasure out of things going wrong for other clubs, it's a horrible attitude.

The 10 points thing was brought in because someone (I forget who now) got promoted by going into administration. Had they not done so they would have had to lose all their best players, but by going into administration they kept hold of them and were able to gain promotion. The clubs who missed out felt (rightfully so) that this was unfair, so to prevent it happening again they brought in the 10 point rule.

Leeds having a hard enough time as it is, it's a bit sick that people are getting upset that's it not going even worse.

The reason why I believe that Leeds should be punished is because they have overspent with money that they didn't have and by going into administration it now means that they are not able to pay their debts. Therefore their creditors end up losing money. This is mainly banks but also the likes of small local businesses will not be given the money that are owed. There have been examples of businesses having to close because of money lost by these situations so why shouldn't they be punished for being so financially reckless? There should be a penalty for clubs that are not properly run.

Not only that but this season Rotherham had to start the season on -10 points because of the same thing. Leeds have got away with it. Clubs that run themselves in a responsible manner rather than spending money they don't have need not worry about situations like this.

As for using words like "sick" and "horrible"...I won't even attempt to dignify that with a response.

Now here's the rub,

Leeds United Football Club Co Ltd is probably just a Limited Company just like the many many thousands that are registered at Companies House.

Ken Bates has been very canny here in that he has sent the Limited Company into a "Voluntary Arrangement" with a deal that everyone who owes the company (Leeds United Football Club Co Ltd) gets to vote on whether or not to accept the deal that they maybe get paid 50p in the £ that they are owed. It could be 25p. Who knows? The Limited Company is then wound up and ceases to exist.

The creditors have to vote on whether or not to accept this deal, the option being that if Leeds United Football Club Co Ltd goes into liquidation then the chances of them getting anything that they are owned are virtually nil. Usually the tax man is a preferential creditor and scoffs the lot.

Bates himself will be taking a big loss as he will be owed money by Leeds United Football Club Co Ltd, but he has arranged with KPMG ( the insolvensy practicioners) to buy the asset of Leeds United Football Club Co Ltd (whatever they are) and start up a new limited company called something like "Leeds United Football Club Co Ltd 2007."

So "Leeds United Football Club Co Ltd 2007" gets docked 10 points this year, but it doesn't matter too much because the club us already relegated and it starts next season with a clean bank account & no points deduction.

Unless the creditors don't vote for the Voluntary Arrangement. In which case Leeds United Football Club Co Ltd is in deep deep trouble.

If Phillpl is reading, no doubt he'll correct me if I've got this wrong.

The plot gets thicker .........

Reported tonight that Terry Brown, the former West Ham owner, is planning a secret bid for Leeds.

Don't know what these Landaners see in a decrepit Yorkshire outfit.

As for using words like "sick" and "horrible"...I won't even attempt to dignify that with a response.

Ok, that was a bit over the top. I'll blame it on the stinking hangover.

I still don't see why people are wanting more punishment to Leeds. The 10 point rule was brought in to stop team gaining an advantage by going into administration. If Leeds choose to do that now and sort themselves out before next season then what's the problem?

Ok, that was a bit over the top. I'll blame it on the stinking hangover.

I still don't see why people are wanting more punishment to Leeds. The 10 point rule was brought in to stop team gaining an advantage by going into administration. If Leeds choose to do that now and sort themselves out before next season then what's the problem?

They've gained an advantage. You've answered your own stupid question.

They've gained an advantage. You've answered your own stupid question.

Gained an advantage how? They've gone down for Christ's sake. Like I said, the rule was brought in to stop teams going in to administration so they wouldn't have to lose their best players after a team was promoted by doing that. Hardly applies to Leeds, does it?

If they sort their finances out before the start of next season, why should they have points docked for it?

Gained an advantage how? They've gone down for Christ's sake. Like I said, the rule was brought in to stop teams going in to administration so they wouldn't have to lose their best players after a team was promoted by doing that. Hardly applies to Leeds, does it?

If they sort their finances out before the start of next season, why should they have points docked for it?

They've given themselves an advantage next season as against any other League one club next season which is still trying to soldier on and pay their debts.

I'm sure Leeds didn't set out with the intention of getting relegated etc but theoretically the system at present gives rise to the possibility of a club spending gazillions on players they can't really afford and then simply going into administration if it all goes pear shaped. A ten point deduction if you've already gone down or limped in mid table is no punishment at all.

You can't blame Bates at all for being excedingly cute, but the rules surely need looking at to prevent this happening again.

Archived