BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mclaren Out

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I still think there is more to it than just the manager re the set up and directives.

Over the last say 5-6 years (possibly longer) England have been steadily going worse and to me there is just something else not quite right.

Add this to the annoying aspect which I have mentioned before re the insistence to play players out of position when there are natural players for the said position available as gaszim has mentioned above - even the under 21's did it with Derbyshire.

I was not too bothered with Mclaren being installed , but i think its quite obvious he is not upto the job and as Bryan has said, its also made me become quite dis-interested in the International scene.

He might not now.......

http://sport.aol.co.uk/rooney-spat-with-mc...326030009990001

..... he'd certainly be cooling his heels for a spell under a proper manager.

Rooney gets in because the current crop of England strikers are average, at best. There is no one to take his place that will do any better.

Guest shoppybrfc

Robbie Keane and Bellamy would be instant starters, yet we're stuck with crap like penalty king Johnson and barn door Crouch, England are relying on players that even first choice for their clubs like Crouch and Defoe.

Rooney gets in because the current crop of England strikers are average, at best. There is no one to take his place that will do any better.

I disagree. The England automatic choices need their respective cages rattling. Those players on Sat displayed little desire or passion. They are being picked to suit the press and no matter what form they are in, what their last international performances have been like, and no matter anything except that they play for the top 5-6 BIG clubs They have lost their hunger, their pride and their passion. It's a cake walk for them. They might be better players ability wise than others but not if they have lost their hunger and are disinterested in proceedings. Dropping them would in most cases give them a well needed boot up the arse and should serve to motivate them to greater things. If is doesn't then so what? We have lost nothing in that case, they will have been found out and consigned to the history books.

Strong leadership required.

I disagree. The England automatic choices need their respective cages rattling. Those players on Sat displayed little desire or passion. They are being picked to suit the press and no matter what form they are in, what their last international performances have been like, and no matter anything except that they play for the top 5-6 BIG clubs They have lost their hunger, their pride and their passion. It's a cake walk for them. They might be better players ability wise than others but not if they have lost their hunger and are disinterested in proceedings. Dropping them would in most cases give them a well needed boot up the arse and should serve to motivate them to greater things. If is doesn't then so what? We have lost nothing in that case, they will have been found out and consigned to the history books.

Strong leadership required.

Agree TND - this ties is with my theory that there is something just not quite right behind the scenes, it could be that the manager ' has his arm tied up his back' to term it from certain influences, in that certain players must play (if you know what I mean)

well what a crock of crap that was,its like a remake of mike bassett.

Bents would have a field day there on saturday.Nugent isnt international level and as for him being a lifelong toffee there is a great photo in the mirror today of him with a liverpool scarf.

Couldnt believe gerrard and rooney just simply shot from anywhere when there were other options on.3 years without england goal should mean a spell on the bench for shrek as well.Its all coming back to haunt him for dropping becks (good player or bad player he is/was a talisman for england) and as for lampard...

In terms of players, a lot of people underestimated just how important to us Michael Owen was. He basically scored every other chance for England and that meant that there was less pressure on the rest of the team. He got overshadowed by Rooney but his overall contribution was far higher. With him injured, we have no natural finisher at this level. Defoe is the nearest thing to that. Rooney, Lampard, Gerard and Terry seem like a clique to me who over-estimate their own importance to the team. And McClaren is nowhere near a big enough character to go toe-to-toe with them. I read that some players (could it be them?) didn't like Beckham's influence and lobbied Mc for his removal. Everybody lauded it at the time as the "big" decision. I remember saying - it wasn't a big decision, it was an easy way out - but nobody seemed to agree. The big decision was dropping Lampard.

We play Andorra next and I don't see McClaren as having anything to lose. He should grow a pair and drop Rooney and Lampard. Anyone think he will <_<

We play Andorra next and I don't see McClaren as having anything to lose. He should grow a pair and drop Rooney and Lampard. Anyone think he will <_<

No chance. I'd drop Lampard but not Rooney. We've got little enough quality upfront without dropping Rooney. Yes he has been rubbish for England - not scoring competetively since Euro 2004 - but I'd put money on him scoring on Wednesday after his fall out with McLaren.

No chance. I'd drop Lampard but not Rooney. We've got little enough quality upfront without dropping Rooney. Yes he has been rubbish for England - not scoring competetively since Euro 2004 - but I'd put money on him scoring on Wednesday after his fall out with McLaren.

You could put money on anyone scoring against Andorra as they are crap, but just watch England scrape a 2-0 win. I do agree that you cannot drop Rooney, and that Lampard should be dropped - I say that after every England game though.

I didn't watch the game. I had a feeling that it was going to be a bad performance (how I got that I don't know) and did not want to spend $25 on pay-per-view. How glad I was. I saw brief highlights and it didn't look pretty. Isreal didn't want to score and we couldn't. Lampard missed another 2 chances that he would have buried for Chelsea.

McClaren is looking a tad suspect. He never had the press and they are now waiting for the green light to go full blast against him. I think he has a policy of picking who he knows rather than who will win. Carragher is a good player, one of the best the Premier League, but as a central defender not a left back. Phil Neville is competent yet he's proven over the years that he doesn't have that extra at international level. Gerrard gets bored on the right, but cannot displace Lampard in the middle.

I still think that we will qualify as we have to play the Ruskies twice yet. A winning run will see us through but once we qualify we should off McClaren before the tournament (he'll be gone anyway if we don't get there) and get someone in who MAY change it up a bit.

You could put money on anyone scoring against Andorra as they are crap, but just watch England scrape a 2-0 win. I do agree that you cannot drop Rooney, and that Lampard should be dropped - I say that after every England game though.

hes not scored for 3 years,he looked woeful on saturday,hes fallen out with sven oops macca, he swears at the refs all the time and wants to try and have a scrap at any given moment.

he needs a spell out of the side(that guarantees him 4 on wed now hahaha)

hes not scored for 3 years,he looked woeful on saturday,hes fallen out with sven oops macca, he swears at the refs all the time and wants to try and have a scrap at any given moment.

he needs a spell out of the side(that guarantees him 4 on wed now hahaha)

i agree lets give the young Nugent ago, at least he will be trying 100% to prove himself, unlike some of them lot who played on Saturday

BORING BORING ENGLAND

I NEVER EVER thought I would find myself saying this; but I REALLY don't want England to win against Andorra. Why? Because if they do (and should do without even trying) we will be stuck with that hopeless apology of a so-called manager for at least the rest of the qualifiers. A poor result against Andorra should see him offski, and the sooner the better. It would also mean that qualification for Euro 2008 would still be possible (though difficult) and if the FA can shake themselves up enough to do what is right for the Nation, rather than what brings them the most finacial rewards, then England can still hold it's head up high and achieve something for the first time in decades! :tu:

Also I feel it high time that the disinterested clique of players were dropped, and replaced by others that are proud to wear the England shirt, and there is no shortage of those around. Beckham for one should come back into the reckoning if not automatically into the team as he DOES know how to show a bit of pride in playing for his country.

A poor result against Andorra should see him offski, and the sooner the better. It would also mean that qualification for Euro 2008 would still be possible (though difficult)

Problem is - as much as I'm all for sacking him - who the hell are they going to bring in now? Missed out on the chance of Hidiink, O'Neill or Scolari when they could have got them - and there are no outstanding English candidates.

Problem is - as much as I'm all for sacking him - who the hell are they going to bring in now? Missed out on the chance of Hidiink, O'Neill or Scolari when they could have got them - and there are no outstanding English candidates.

i have heard the chelsea manager is not happy at the moment

i have heard the chelsea manager is not happy at the moment

His name never even came into my head. I think he'd be an excellent choice.

Think we've got one game in June, then the next one is in September? Wait till the end of the season - let Chelski offload him first then get him.

His name never even came into my head. I think he'd be an excellent choice.

Think we've got one game in June, then the next one is in September? Wait till the end of the season - let Chelski offload him first then get him.

then Frank Lampard will definately be the first name on the teamsheet!!

i would have rather had alladyce than this clown...at least he's got balls.

there is only one stand out man for this job in my opinion...a man who's own ego is far greater than those all of the overpaid primadonna's put together....step forward Greame Souness!!!

Well if we get the Lampard that Jose has playing for Chelsea week in week out, there is no problem!

As for Allardyce - I wanted him when we got McLaren - but gone off the idea a bit.

there is only one stand out man for this job in my opinion...a man who's own ego is far greater than those all of the overpaid primadonna's put together....step forward Greame Souness!!!

Scottish plus tactically inept. Great combination.

However I'm all in favour. It would guarantee you never qualify for anything ever again.

SOUNESS IN

Scottish plus tactically inept. Great combination.

However I'm all in favour. It would guarantee you never qualify for anything ever again.

SOUNESS IN

[/quote)

having a scottish guy in charge of England would just put the icing the cake.

Steve McLaren is a poor manager at best, but I do feel sympathy with him and believe he is only partly to blame.

90% of the England teams problems lie solely with the players.

the reason they never replicate their club performances and play like imposters, with no hunger, pride or inventiveness has nothing to do with the manager.

there are obvious divisions in the England squad. their body language (slumped shoulders) speaks volumes and the players don't communicate on the pitch. there are too many fevered egos!

people say, ''the England team needs a good motivator.'' rubbish! if you need motivation to represent your country, there's something wrong with you!

Archived