BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Villa 2

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am suprised how poorly Villa are doing- good manager, some good players and heavy investment from the board. Put into context how well managers like Hughes and Allerdyce are doing. This will be harder game than we think.

However if we really want a top eight finish we need to win. I want to see the team work their socks off first and foremeost.

Just to help Mo'N's motivation on Saturday, The Times have a piece this morning asking whether Martin O'Neill is over-hyped as a Manager.

That's a fair question.

Long ball team at Leicester, success [not too difficult] at Celtic. Nothing as yet at AV.

Great stuff! Have printed it out and stuck on my wall! Bet you had fun doing that! Hope you've sent a copy to the lads, they'll love it!

Not so sure Samba would appreciate the Gorilla suit, and I would not want him mad and looking for me.

Guest shoppybrfc

Nonda and Derbshire upfront, or even Derbyshire and Gally, Roberts and Benni need a kick up the backside. It worked with Benni previously.

Nonda and Derbshire upfront, or even Derbyshire and Gally, Roberts and Benni need a kick up the backside. It worked with Benni previously.

Well I wouldnt play Derbyshire, wouldnt want to risk our only striker getting injured. The rest should be playing for a place in the semi.

Just as the teams are leaving the dressing room and heading for tunnel MH should whisper in Benni's ear that he is playing for his place in the semi. In fact, belay that, he should tell the whole team in the dressing room just before they go out that they are ALL playing for their place in semi!!

That does not a great manager, - make.

Don't know what does then. Easily the best record of any active British manager outside of Ferguson if you factor in the Celtic stuff too, not that there is much of field.

Honestly what British managers have achieved much in the last ten years save Ferguson? Allerdyce (consistently good league positions on little money), Moyes (same deal), Souness (with us got a league cup, stock has nose dived now), McClaren (Middlesborough but similar), George Graham (won league cup with Spurs in 1999). After that Hughes is very promising but won nothing. Then you are into the Colemans, Jewells, Pardews, Curbishleys of this world...

In fact if you widen the field to foreigners also its hardly a bag of delights beyond Wenger, Benitez and Mourinho. Your talking Gullit, Houllier and Vialli who have won things in England in the last ten years.

I don't want to labour the point but O'Neill has a very good record compared to anyone in the British game.

Villa are there for the taking. We need to go for it.

If the players really believe we can still get into Europe (or at least 8th) we should see that belief reflected in a thumping win.

Equally, if they are thinking about OT we can expect a defeat.

Good home required please Rovers to set us up for the trip to Manchester, 3-0 to Rovers.

The next 3 games could really make the season one to remember - a trip to Wembley and 6 points could see our traditional late climb up the table take shape.

We have Bentley back in which is a major addition, apart from that the team sort of picks itself. If we are looking to drop Benni then we have a bit of a problem as none of ourstrikers are looking particularly good save Derbyshire.

I suppose I would go for:

--------------Derbs----Roberts

Pedersen---Mokoena---Dunn---Bentley

--Warnock--Nelsen----Samba---Emerton

-------------------Freidel

Have Dunn in from the start to give us a slightly more combative edge in midifield. Bring McCarthy and Toogs on for the last half hour. To be honest though if Toogs and McCarthy start its much of muchness. We need either (or hopefully both!) MGP and Bentley to perform to give us a cutting edge. If they don't it will be hard for us to make chances.

Archived