BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Villa 2

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful display, awful support, fair result.

A distinct lack of gumption to take a shot on goal.

Frustration very evident, specially from a bloke in the CIS effing and jeffing at the linesman with his five year old in tow and around numerous children. Went totally OTT and called a fire steward a child molestorer just for asking him to calm down! Idiots like him sum up the day. Heard a few tries from sections of the crowd to get a bit of singing going, but no-one semmed interested in doing anything but sunbathing.

Thanks to Tugay for at least providing a little entertainment now and then and Brad for saving us from a thrashing.

if Rovers cannot be arsed to raise their game and beat this motley crew then quite frankly I don't see why supporters should be arsed to go to Old Trafford for the semi-final.

They couldn't....but we'll all still be there.

We were so poor its not even worth being angry and upset. Tugay was good to watch and Brad stopped us from being stuffed. The players are in the comfort zone. No doubt they'll perform next week but don't expect to see anything in the PL till August. Nothing to play for and no incentive.

We were absolute sh1t today. Nobody seemed interested. McCarthy did the square root of FA. Added to that I came home with a steaming headache do to hoards of pimply brats sitting around me with those bloody horns. Whose stupid idea was it to give them those infernal things and then sit them all together in one area.

You may have gathered that I am now not in the best of moods!

My only consolation is that Manure are currently one down to Portsmouth. :angry:

After next week it's okay if don't stay up and listen until next season??
Don't miss May 19th though, but otherwise yeah you can have a break.

Don't miss May 19th though, but otherwise yeah you can have a break.

What Paul said, speaking to SteB in the concourse 10 mins before half time, we agreed that it was clear the players gave as much as we did for today.

Hopefully that changes for next week.

Rubbish. From the first minute we just didn't look bothered. Also, whoever had the ball at the feet 6 yards out in injury time with their hand up asking for a penalty should be shot!

Bentley was poor today, as was Emerton on the right side.

What is it about clubs near the bottom of the table, why is it we cant beat them.

We looked disinterested and we were very poor today if we had beaten teams that we would be expected to beat we would be at least 12 points better off, also according to the programme today the ref was from Yorkshire, 1 assistant was from Yorkshire and the other assitant was from Lancashire make of that what you will.

Friedel - well done son, kept the scoreline respectable

Emerton - rubbish

Warnock - appalling first half, better 2nd - rubbish

Samba - started well - deteriorated- extremely lucky not to be sent off - rubbish

Nelsen - rubbish

Bentley - was he playing? - rubbish

Tugay - rubbish

Mokoena - rubbish

MGP - not too bad

McCarthy - rubbish (yet again)

Derbyshire - rubbish

Subs

Nonda - rubbish

Dunn - rubbish

Worst home display of the season imo, you could tell it was on the cards from the opening couple of minutes. Villa were sharper, hungrier and first to the ball every time.

The sort of performance we used to expect under Souness against an "inferior" side but which at one time seemed to have been eradicated under Hughes. (The old adage about managers having a certain shelf life coming home to roost?)

Hope to god we turn up next Sunday and at least make it competitive.

Sparky needs to sort the lads out, that was just not good enough, they know as well as we do that Blackburn are capable of beating Villa especially at Ewood. A dissapointing season in the league, we could do much better.

Thats 7 home league defeats now, ok Chelsea and Man Utd were going to be difficult but Arsenal we should have won that as they had 10 mean and we should'nt be losing to teams like West Ham, Villa, Newcastle and Bolton at Ewood!!

It's quite simple really. One team wanted to win, the other couldn't be arsed either way.

Poor substitutions by our manager today.

it wasnt the managers fault i put the blame totally on dunn for the second goal as he gave the ball away to allow villa to score but it did feel like an end of season game weather the players didnt want to get injured for next weeks match

Very disapointing which I think ends our chase for a European place. Things could have been so much different. That three losses on the trot in which we have led all of them 1-0 and ended up the loosing team. Unfortunatly we cannot blame the referee, linesman, weather, pitch, tierdness, we were simply not good enough.

for me we haven't missed savage as much before today. he's exactly the player who could've turned it around and maybe make everyone else more interested. appalling.

It all started so well.

The sun was shining, the ground reasonably full and Benni smashes home a penalty. All was well. (At this point everybody should have gone home).

We were poor today and you know that's the case when Hughes admits the visitors were good value for the 3 points.

Without doubt one eye was on next week - and I'm not just talking about the players. We all contributed to a waste of a saturday afternoon.

Bentley needs to buck his ideas up. I think he's starting to believe his own press. Similar to a young David Dunn once did.

Tugay should not have been brought off (Easy to say in hindsight I know).

Three weeks ago we were all looking upwards and at the possibilities of Europe, now again we are looking over our shoulders. The first thing I did when I got home was check how many points clear of Sheff. Utd we are. That tells you where our season has gone.

If we play like that next week it will be a cricket score.

I'm not too upset. If somebody said, Savage broken leg, Ooijer broken ankle, Nelson out for 6 months, Reid will play 4 games and Roberts won't score a goal all season - yet you'll be in 11th spot with 6 games to play and have an F.A cup semi-final to come, I would have snapped your arm off.

I still belive we can get 7th spot because we have an easier run in than the teams around us, but its all upto the players.

I was discussing our run-in before the game and was reasonably optimistic about 7th or 8th spot.

But given our record against the bottom three and todays performance I am sapped of all optimism

Absolutely dire today - no one came out of that with any credit, hope they are all in for extra training tomorrow, play like that next Sunday and the score will be cricket-esque. Samba was very fortunate to escape with a yellow today - should have been red.

And who ever sold those horns to all the Irish kids, please let me know - I would like to put one where the sun does not shine - I am relocating away from BBE upper next year because of those damn things.

To make a bad day worse, Burnley win as well :angry: :angry:

Shocking. Absolutely shocking. Lack of players' motivation has been a big factor in losing points this season. Can anyone wonder why crowds don't turn up? The players' obvious disinterest spread to the crowd. The whole thing was an embarrassment.

Not particularly happy with the reffing either, but that's normal <_< .

Best bit of football of the whole afternoon was when Sparky got the ball.

And Cambridge won the boat race and Burnley won. gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry:

Today's dismal affair just rams it home how a season that promised so much at one stage now just seems to be petering out into mediocrity.I'm really ###### off with our teams lack of effort at the moment,there is NO excuse......great advertisement for season ticket sales lad's! <_<

Archived