BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Villa 2

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just got off the phone to mother, in her words, what a load of @#/?. Nobody turned up today and to think that they were playing for their places for next weekend :angry:

I subscribe to the Rovers text messaging service and MH said we were poor, we never got out of the traps, that is 3 games in a row we have been beaten and as a team and a club we won't accept that.

I should bloody well hope he gave the lads a complete bollocking after that performance.

Ah well, onwards and upwards. We will stuff Chelsea next weekend and I can book my flights for the final. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I live in hope :lol::lol:

NO PASSION NO COMMITTENT NO EFFORT......ABSOLUTE DISGRASE TODAY!!!!!!

EVERY PLAYER WAS ###### SCARED OF BREAKING OR CHIPPING THEIR NAILS TODAY IN CASE THEY MISS NEXT WEEK.

IM STILL FUMING !!!!!

Too true ABBEY,

I don't make a habit of slagging off the team because it's not in my nature, but today they were collecively appalling. They played like they were all on the p*ss the night before. It was a performance that takes me back to our relegation year with a bunch of no-hopers hacking away to the second division.

Thank heavens we are not fighting a relegation battle, because with a performance like that we would be well and truly screwed.

Throughly cheesed off.

Too true ABBEY,

I don't make a habit of slagging off the team because it's not in my nature, but today they were collecively appalling. They played like they were all on the p*ss the night before. It was a performance that takes me back to our relegation year with a bunch of no-hopers hacking away to the second division.

Thank heavens we are not fighting a relegation battle, because with a performance like that we would be well and truly screwed.

Throughly cheesed off.

col it was a woykidd day washed down with some saxton and iley thrown in for no fun

People criticise the record of the Dunn-Tugay midfield partnership but Mokoena-Tugay hasn't been too hot. I'd like to know our win rate with those two starting. Both want to stroll around in front of the back four - the problem we had when Garry Flitcroft's legs went and he ended up playing as a less able version of Tugs, and our midfield got stomped all over quite often as a result.

Also - I do not see the point of Hughes having Nonda and Roberts on the bench. They're one of the same. Roberts has more pace and less form but I really think Hughes is wasting a space on the bench by including both. Gally and Peter offer something different - if not the supersubs that we're looking for.

Sums up our season, we are going through an consistent run of defeats (like we did with victories).

As a team, we have lacked conviction this season. You can blame injuries but there are other reasons to take into acccount - these being: inability to play well for 90 mins, ability to give penalties away, inability to "dig out" results, our so-called superior fitness not being as effective this season, not matching sides physcially.

Maybe it is just the way I am feeling tonight but a lot of our victories this season have been more because of other team's cicrumstances when we have played them.

Not sure why but it feels so annoying these days when we lose these type of matches.

Carew and Ridgewell out, Young and Cahill very doubtful, Berger making his first start of the season and Angel playing his first game since January; if Rovers cannot be arsed to raise their game and beat this motley crew then quite frankly I don't see why supporters should be arsed to go to Old Trafford for the semi-final.

Save your money chaps and give Old Trafford a miss next week.

Chelsea will win at a canter and our lot will stroll through the rest of the season as a prelude to a relegation battle next year.

Hughes has lost the plot. Get Coleman.

another poor result. what makes these players felt that they are surely going to wembley come May?

I bet they will be watching from the stands. There's almost no chance we can beat Chelsea with this kind of form.

European football will be sorely missed. :blink:

Only players to emerge with any credit today I thought were Pedersen, Tugay and Emerton. The rest were just lethargic and failed to match the desire of their opponents.

Dunno why Tugay was subbed as he was our best player at the time.

Dunno why Friedel got man of the match as I thought he put in his worst half of football in a Rovers shirt in the first half.

Dunno why we took Derbyshire off and left McCarthy on. Should have subbed both.

The whole ground, players and fans included, were clearly thinking about next week today. I just hope we can all lift ourselves - by Christ we need to.

Only players to emerge with any credit today I thought were Pedersen, Tugay and Emerton. The rest were just lethargic and failed to match the desire of their opponents.

Dunno why Friedel got man of the match as I thought he put in his worst half of football in a Rovers shirt in the first half.

The whole ground, players and fans included, were clearly thinking about next week today. I just hope we can all lift ourselves - by Christ we need to.

What did Friedel do wrong in the first half, he had no chance with the goal so can't see why you are critical of Friedel's performance

Save your money chaps and give Old Trafford a miss next week.

Chelsea will win at a canter and our lot will stroll through the rest of the season as a prelude to a relegation battle next year.

Hughes has lost the plot. Get Coleman.

Bit poor that. Hughes has done very well. Not sure what you want really? Just outside the top half, Semis of Fa cup, good run in Europe all while having key players missing for the season and Sparky having a tiny transfer budget.

Sure we could be doing better but we could also be doing a lot lot worse. What has Coleman done on similar money to Hughes? Not a lot.

Missed the game bacause I'm living in Beijing at the moment but I expected us to lose this simply because we were playing a team in the bottom 3. This HAS to be addressed from now on we can't continue with this record. The signing of Dunn to replace Reid was awful, it's absolutely obvious he isn't Premiership material. I heard on good authority that his signing was pushed by JW rather than Hughes. Who's going to take him off our hands in the Summer? No-one, were stuck with him. Roberts has to go as well, he isn't going to score this season and his Premiership goal scoring record show's he's not good enough.

McArthy has been a good signing but it seems he's looking to move, we need to get 2 good partners for Derbs in the Summer and I think give Gally some games until the end of the Season, if not, then why did we give him a new contract? Tugay's decline in 2007 shows that central midfield needs sorting out too. Reid could be a lesser player on his return and Dunn should be bombed out. It's should be a busy Summer we need to put some drive back into the middle of the park, hopefully Reid will still have that when he comes back but I think it's asking alot, sadly. I don't want it to happen, but if Hughes does go this Summer then Jim Mk 2's suggestion of Coleman would be OK by me, or Berg.

Before anyone thinks this is a knee jerk reaction to yesterdays performance.

What I said before the game

We have been carried along on the crest of the european experience and cup run, but there have been couldnt care less performances in the league from day one at Portsmouth by this team.

The premiership season doesn’t stop until May. Fans are paying hard earning cash and deserve better.

Is all well and good that Rovers drop ticket prices, but they can’t expect people to turn up if the players aren’t putting in the effort.

This shower have a lot to do between now and May, if they are going to convince me to renew my season ticket.

This shower have a lot to do between now and May, if they are going to convince me to renew my season ticket.

Well I'm glad you said it Alan because I'm thinking the same. The players lost interest in the PL in mid-March, I shall be waiting to see what happens in the last three games before renewing. The club are putting in enormous effort with the off-field side only to be let down, time and time again, by the players failure to perform on the field. I've banged this drum for years but money has ruined the game, the players have absolutely no incentive to perform. We're in a semi-final next week and is one of them worried about his place? No.

You can dress this season up anyway you want but 32 games, 40 points is not good enough. It's the bread and butter of the PL where the players have to perform if crowds are to be convinced to return. Regretably there has been little to suggest the team are interested in the weekly grind of winning football matches. Even an FA Cup win won't disguise this simple fact.

I agree with the disinterested comments. Yesterday was possibly the angriest I've been with a performance since the 4-0 debacle at anfield three or four seasons ago. For those who spent good money to get there, I can only sympathise. It could have been better spent on a family outing or something. Yes Benni scored, but what has he done all game? Someone said he's looking for a move, and coupling his comments and on today's evidence I'll buy that. His talk thus far of being happy here and feeling that he is too old for man u seems to be an invitation to other teams to come and get him. As for bentley, great performance two weekends ago for England, but increasingly he seems to choose teh selfish option rather than playing in a teammate. Penalty given against us was harsh (again, look back to the man u game and the wes brown handball which wasn't given.)

In sum, feeling extremely frustrated because we are better than that, and I almost feel angry with myself for giving up 2 hours of my time to watch that performance when I have a 12000 word thesis to submit this week. BUT, bitch all we can, come next Sunday, we, and i mean a collective we, will nonetheless make our way to OT or plant ourselves in front of the television to cheer this bunch of disinterested players on. That's why we have an allegiance to the club, an almost blind allegiance which makes us fans. We've bitched about such performances for years, certainly through the souness years. How many times have we said we're not gonna bother anymore? And everytime we still return, sometimes frustrated. To those calling for hughes' head, would you prefer a return to souness' era? Come'on, you never know, we might just shock chelsea next week.

You can certainely take a different perspective when you're on the other side of the world and not watching the rovers as much as in the past, but the knee-jerk reaction of football fans to a loss is unbeleivable.

If everyone who has made negative comments about Hughes's performance and future at the club I think its rather embarrasing more than anything, and surely in the cold light of day EVERY SINGLE rovers supporter will be able to hold there hands up and say that he is an excellent manager, doing an excellent job and were very lucky to have him.

Agree, Scotty, Tugs, Bert and Morten worked their socks off, Bentley was awful, Benni disinterested as usual and don't even mention Mokoena. We were second to the ball every time. I was wondering who could possibly be called as MOM....

I figured that this would be an awful performance, so I spent the day weeding my garden.

Wish I had! Wondered where you were!

Before anyone thinks this is a knee jerk reaction to yesterdays performance.

What I said before the game

We have been carried along on the crest of the european experience and cup run, but there have been couldnt care less performances in the league from day one at Portsmouth by this team.

The premiership season doesn’t stop until May. Fans are paying hard earning cash and deserve better.

Is all well and good that Rovers drop ticket prices, but they can’t expect people to turn up if the players aren’t putting in the effort.

I was in complete agreement with your preview Alan. This season's performances have been poor. Trouble is, the disinterest is catching, and when it affects the committed fans it is truly more than worrying.

You can certainely take a different perspective when you're on the other side of the world and not watching the rovers as much as in the past, but the knee-jerk reaction of football fans to a loss is unbeleivable.

If everyone who has made negative comments about Hughes's performance and future at the club I think its rather embarrasing more than anything, and surely in the cold light of day EVERY SINGLE rovers supporter will be able to hold there hands up and say that he is an excellent manager, doing an excellent job and were very lucky to have him.

Not a knee-jerk reaction though. It's been happening all season.

Most managers go through such spells, and it will be interesting to see how Hughes deals with it.

We could be only 6 points away from a relegation spot by tomorrow evening...our team needs to wake up!

Jeez that's a scary thought that sent me scurrying to the PL fixture lists. We next play on 18th April against Watford. By that time, well Monday night actually, City, Boro and Villa could all be above us. Sheff Utd and Charlton will have played two games and could be on 38 points, Wigan and Fulham will also have played two more and could be on 39 and 41 respectively.

I just wish you hadn't mentioned this SG194

Sorry Paul but its a bit of a ruddy shocker isn't it! :unsure:

Teams have been slowly creeping up on us while our fans and players seemingly dream of Wembley's shiny new arch....everyone at Ewood yesterday looked so disinterested and apathetic.Look at the games left and on current form ask yourselves just where are the next points coming from?

I just hope to christ a long and hard season coupled with numerous injuries is not about to bite us hard on the arse.

Archived