BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Villa 2

Was very disappointed by the game, I was saying in the first five minutes the players looked lethargic and even the first goal did not change anything.

Do not buy all this pulling out of challenges with the semi final in mind and that does not wash at all when you are passing or making forward runs. Hate losing but when the team does not even look like they are trying there is no excuse and fair play to Villa they wanted it more.

Cannot see a win on Sunday but will be cheering us on and hopefully have a huge grin on the way back instead of having a face like a backside like after Saturday!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover: since we beat citeh,the players have had one eye on the semi,if and it's a big IF,we beat chelski i think hughes should start playing gally,peter,hedgog,zurab, etc.to give the 1st teamers a kick up the arse,how bentley was not subbed on saturday was beyond me,him-pedersen-benidict think they are undroppable,sort it out sparky :brfc:

Lawro predicts us to lose 2-1 on saturday ^_^

Att: 18,527

Oh dear. Rovers fans laughing at the hairdresser are now shifting on their seats nervously and with good reason.

We could still get relegated.

Save your money chaps and give Old Trafford a miss next week.

Chelsea will win at a canter and our lot will stroll through the rest of the season as a prelude to a relegation battle next year.

Hughes has lost the plot. Get Coleman.

Magoo.....What a plonker you are! And what poetic justice! You're such a wind up merchant that you've wound up yourself big time! :lol::wstu:

At least there'll be no compensation needed! :P

Magoo.....What a plonker you are! And what poetic justice! You're such a wind up merchant that you've wound up yourself big time! :lol::wstu:

At least there'll be no compensation needed! :P

Hah Hah good one that Gordon. Jims outdone himself, already got us pegged for relegation. He's probably bought one of them clarrot season tickets to get a free prem one.

Funny, remember the days most of us would have given our left nut (those that wouldn't probably were already missing the right one) for us to have even one season in the top flight. Now we've been back seven, won the Worthington cup, several forays into Europe, the last one quite successful we are in our 2nd FA Cup semi in 3 years and by god it's still not bloody good enough.

Against all odds and the FA this lil town team keeps on chugging and I'm bloody proud as punch of us. We've had about 12-15 points literally stolen from us by the men in black and that is just the BIG decisions. If you factor in the smaller one, yeah the ones where they try to alter momentum of the game, it's likely even more. No we will not be a big four but come on let's take a real good look at it. The injuries the number of competitive games and we were still neck and neck with some of the "glamorous" teams until the latest slump.

I'm proud to be a rover, I think next year will be a good un. I'm just sick of different rules for different teams.

Funny, remember the days most of us would have given our left nut (those that wouldn't probably were already missing the right one) for us to have even one season in the top flight. Now we've been back seven, won the Worthington cup, several forays into Europe, the last one quite successful we are in our 2nd FA Cup semi in 3 years and by god it's still not bloody good enough.

Against all odds and the FA this lil town team keeps on chugging and I'm bloody proud as punch of us. We've had about 12-15 points literally stolen from us by the men in black and that is just the BIG decisions. If you factor in the smaller one, yeah the ones where they try to alter momentum of the game, it's likely even more. No we will not be a big four but come on let's take a real good look at it. The injuries the number of competitive games and we were still neck and neck with some of the "glamorous" teams until the latest slump.

I'm proud to be a rover, I think next year will be a good un. I'm just sick of different rules for different teams.

USABlue, that's the best post I've read on here for months. I've had this this opinion myself for a while but that sent a shiver down my spine.

C'mon you blues.

Having been there throught the dark days, including at our lowest home league attendance ever, I am more than grateful to be in the Premier League. But I'm not sure I buy this cap-doffing, grand-day-out view to our status.

Jack changed us irrevocably 15 years ago. Since then we've had 100 million of his money and I would guess 150 million from Sky. We've been in the PL for 13 of the last 15 years. We deserve to be in the PL. While I appreciate the fact that we compete at this level, that does not mean I automatically have to appreciate HOW we are competing at this level right now.

LEague status does not directly correlate with entertainment; if it did, Chealse would be as entertaining as United and Blackpool fans would get no pleasure whatsoever. This season we have been exceptionally dull for most games, and I do not see that as an inevitable consequence of being at this level.

At least there'll be no compensation needed

Very true, and more power to Rovers' elbow when (hopefully) they hire him next season. I fear however that Coleman will be back in employment long before then. He is a fine young manager and has been harshly treated by Fulham.

Very true, and more power to Rovers' elbow when (hopefully) they hire him next season. I fear however that Coleman will be back in employment long before then. He is a fine young manager and has been harshly treated by Fulham.

There you are , jimbo .....

I've quoted your post and given you some attention ..... :)

Decent post on the main. Not trying to be facetious, but can you name the 12-15 points from major decisions?

You have hit the nail on the head there USA. When we were in the 3rd div we were all longing to get back to the 2nd and never even dreamed of the 1st div. That was so far out of reach and unattainable that for the vast majority of Rovers fans (and there were plenty of those for a 3rd div side) couldn't remember when we were last a 1st div side. But still even those days were good in their own way; we had some good players (relatively speaking) and we were definitely entertained. The highlight for me was the game at Ewood against Plymouth were we were losing 2-0 early on, then finished up winning 5-2 in front of about 17000. Not bad for a 3rd div match! Also there did not seem to be many (I can't remember any) shocking decisions from the officials in those days. I still believe that the problems we experience today are due to Big Money and pressure from the media; no such pressure existed in those days.

Ah well, enough of the nostalgia! Dont be too hard on the present generation of Rovers fans. Remember that the majority of them can't even remember the Rovers playing in the 3rd div, and a significant minority have never seen Rovers play in any other than the Prem. So for these people it is hard/impossible to visualise any other way of seeing the situation.

Also there did not seem to be many (I can't remember any) shocking decisions from the officials in those days. I still believe that the problems we experience today are due to Big Money and pressure from the media; no such pressure existed in those days.

George Courtney.

One or two to consider on this thread.......

Not even close to 12-15 points from those decisions. Even more so when you factor in decisions that have gone in our favour and lots of "well I thought we should have had a penalty and they shouldn't"-type posts from people wearing blue and white tinted spectacles.

Archived