BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Random Rabbit Thread

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rabbit update!

Just been to collect the rabbit cage I bought off Ebay!

Home all set up ready for rabbit to arrive on Tuesday!!!!!!

Had another thought for the name - not Rovers related but thinking of calling him Stanley - As he is going to be a house rabbit or in my case a flat rabbit thought stanley might be appropriate!!!

Dear Hannah

I am married to an ardent Rovers fan and we have two children and a brilliant house rabbit. I recommend the book THE COMPLETE HOUSE RABBIT by Carolina James for any advice on litter training and rabbit proofing. Our rabbit, Truffle, has shavings in his litter tray and we have no problems with smell. We do have a few holes in the back of the sofa. He begs at the breakfast table (has been known to remove aforementioned Rovers fan's croissant from the table) can roll over on command and enjoys sharing a Stella while watching Match of the Day. It is uncertain whether he supports Rovers. I must make a careful note of whether he turns his back to the screen while they're playing. Good luck with your new rabbit.

Linda

If you are going to keep a rabbit get a bloody big hutch and keep it ouside.

Dont get a buck they can be evil bstards with the claws on their back legs.

Consider also what is going to happen to the rabbit when you have it in the summer hols and you want to go away yourself.

Important! .... keep it well cleaned out and in summer check it's arse regularly Hannah! They are frequent victim to fly strike and in a few days can be virtually eated alive by maggots.

There I think thats swung the issue in favour of hamsters or goldfish. :tu:

Hamsters and goldfish.

My daughter had a hamster, but when it made a break for freedom it wasnt quick enough.

Do you know a collie will swallow a hamster whole. :blink:

Problem with goldfish, they arent loyal, once around the bowl and they forget who you are. :unsure:

hardly a secret ;)

Anyway, back to rabbits, they are evil incarnate and deserve to be all put in a pot and boiled, all of them.

And yes I do have the scars on my fingers from when I had to look after my friends.

Horrible vicious things, Monty Python had it right

hardly a secret ;)

Anyway, back to rabbits, they are evil incarnate and deserve to be all put in a pot and boiled, all of them.

And yes I do have the scars on my fingers from when I had to look after my friends.

Horrible vicious things, Monty Python had it right

They are easy enough if you take the trouble to learn how to handle them. I've judged thousands of rabbits and had very few problems except for Polish which although very small are the spawn of the devil.

I have already got a goldfish called Kylie she is very sweet but you can't do a lot with her - relaxing to watch swim round but that is where it ends.

Thanks for the advice about her bottom! I will bear it in mind! Don't worry about the summer holiday I have lots of friends who are prepared to look after her. As for cleaning her out - I suffer obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to cleaning so no need to worry there!

After Bentley's performance yesterday I am thinking of not naming it that now - but I am still stuck on a name!

After Bentley's performance yesterday I am thinking of not naming it that now - but I am still stuck on a name!

I can offer no better that my 11 year old nephew. Confronted with a wine list at The New Drop Inn near Longridge, he chose No 8 on the basis that was Robbie Savage's shirt number.

Robbie the rabbit?

Oh well, just a thought

I can offer no better that my 11 year old nephew. Confronted with a wine list at The New Drop Inn near Longridge, he chose No 8 on the basis that was Robbie Savage's shirt number.

Robbie the rabbit?

Oh well, just a thought

or if its one of them Polish rabbits that Al mentioned, call it Savage

Stuffat tal-fennek (Maltese Rabbit stew)

1 rabbit

2 onions, sliced

6 garlic cloves, peeled

3 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped

2 tsp tomato paste

3 potatoes, peeled and quartered

6 carrots peeled and sliced

1 cup peas

2 bay leaves

mixed herbs

1 tsp olive oil

1 stock cube

salt and pepper

1/2 bottle red wine

flour

1. Add salt and pepper to flour. Mix well.

2. Roll rabbit portions in seasoned flour.

3. Cook rabbit in olive oil until slightly brown.

4. Add onions, garlic, tomatoes and potatoes to the pot.

Pour some of the wine over the ingredients. Add tomato paste,

stock cube and bay leaves.

5. Add kidney, liver and peas. Bring to a boil and simmer for

about 1 1/2 hours. Add more wine if sauce begins to dry up.

Not recently, Bryan.

Funnily Cane Toads and rabbits are huge pests in Australia. Both man made problems as well.

Anyway, Hannah could probably take on a Cane Toad as a pet. Similar to rabbits in one respect, they hop, but they do have a visual image problem which might put Hannah off.

Perhaps Hannah ought to read Russell Braddon's book "The Year Of the Angry Rabbit". She'll learn to keep the little bunnykins away from radiation. It's a funny book about mutating rabbits.... I'll leave it there.

Archived