BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Random Rabbit Thread

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can offer no better that my 11 year old nephew. Confronted with a wine list at The New Drop Inn near Longridge, he chose No 8 on the basis that was Robbie Savage's shirt number.

Robbie the rabbit?

Oh well, just a thought

I wanted to call my rabbit Robbie originally but was concerned about the children in my class' hatred towards it as they are all blue noses!

I spent most of the game on Saturday thinking would that make a good name and came up with the idea of a double barralled surname - Robbie Bentley-Hughes . That is three players in one name! I really like Morton Gamst Pedersen though so might try and incorporate that name into it.

I know I should probably get out more - but it is the Easter holidays and I have two weeks off with nothing to do (dont get me wrong Im not bored - just enjoying lazing around!)

Have to wait till Thursday for the rabbit now :(

I have got my rabbit now - it is a boy rabbit and a cross between a netherlands dwarf and lion head - it is white, fluffy and so cute!

I think he is going to be called Bentley but still undecided on the other names! Probably Robbie Bentley-Hughes

How can I post pictures on here?

So today I decided to try and train Bentley!

I want him to come when I call him - this is proving harder than I thought it would be but I have made progress - he will jump on the sofa when I call him

As for peeing everywhere he hasn't done that at all (touch wood) - He just climbs back in his cage to pee!

All going well so far!

So today I decided to try and train Bentley!

I want him to come when I call him - this is proving harder than I thought it would be but I have made progress - he will jump on the sofa when I call him

As for peeing everywhere he hasn't done that at all (touch wood) - He just climbs back in his cage to pee!

All going well so far!

Rabbits are very clean animals. However don't be surprised if within a week or two he feels so at home on the sofa that he starts to pee there. He may fire out a few droppings as well (and proceed to eat them as this aids digestion).

You simply cannot house train a rabbit in the same way you can a cat or a dog.

You simply cannot house train a rabbit in the same way you can a cat or a dog.

It's not that I don't believe you - just I don't understand why not.

He now comes when I call Bentley, will jump on the sofa if i tap it and hasn't weed anywhere. I know there will be accidents but surely if he is rewarded for weeing in his litter tray and told off for weeing outside of the cage then maybe, just maybe I will be able to train it.There are sights on the Internet that tell you all about rabbit training - FYI Abbey that is fluffy bunny rabbits not the rampant variety (before you start looking!)

Hannah, female rabbits tend to pee on sofas and people to mark them as their territory. this tends to happen when they reach adulthood.

We stopped tiggy doing this by nutering her. Around puberty (is that the right word for a rabbit) they can also get very protective of their cage and stuff, get a bit snappy some time.

Hannah, female rabbits tend to pee on sofas and people to mark them as their territory. this tends to happen when they reach adulthood.

We stopped tiggy doing this by nutering her. Around puberty (is that the right word for a rabbit) they can also get very protective of their cage and stuff, get a bit snappy some time.

I am going to have him neuted but he is still too young at the moment.

He has chewed my phone charger tonight so he is in the dog house - or is that rabbit hutch!

Why do you put sawdust at the bottom of a rabbit cage?

I think you have the answer to your question here:

He just climbs back in his cage to pee!

We line the bottom of the guinea pig cage with newspaper and a thick layer of straw, seems to work well. Does anyone want to know about out guinea pigs? Frodo and Sam? We used to have a Bilbo but that's a rather painful story! :(

did you land on it after trying to tile the garage? ;)

We've got two cats, one of which (the one on my Avatar) is now bigger than most small dogs.

At least you'll be able to get some nice gloves when the kids manage to kill them H :)

Archived