BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rio, Ooh Ooh Ooh!

I've said before that I could understand the intense dislike of Man Utd. Obviously it was understandable back in the days of Kenny when we were rivals in terms of league position. But now, I cannot fathom why people would prefer the highly unpleasant Chelsea to win the title over a proper football club who play terrific attacking football and have some world class footballers who are model professionals - Scholes, Giggs etc.

Although I have respected there playing ability this year, the amount of crap I have heard about United this United that has driven me to hating them.

I too hate the way the commentaters spunk there keks over Man u but I can't help admiring how they play. Anyone who thinks Chelsea could do that needs there head checking. If they don't think they could do that then still would prefer Chelsea to win then they must be absolutely off there heads. Utd have some real legends in there side, desite what they've earnt, Giggs, Scoles and (possibly) Neville are real football men, Scoles, Giggs and Ronaldo would have got in pretty much any team in history :huh:. I think Carrick is becoming some player for Man Utd too. Pirlo had some bad years too. Carrick played at the standard of Xavi and Pirlo last night and did so against us two weeks ago... People go on about Rooney this Season but he's scored his share too and is at a higher level than Henry was at the same age. Saying that, I thin Liverpool or Chelsea will win but I hope it's Man Utd - then we can see a great set of players win it...

Great players? Chelsea, Liverpool and Milan are full of nobodies?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the Rio bashing, intelligence is not the Ferdinands greatest strength who could forget Rio and his forgotten drug test and Anton who told West Ham he was going to visit family in the Isle of Wight and he ends up in America.

Great players? Chelsea, Liverpool and Milan are full of nobodies?

Certainly United have a better first team then any other side in England ; and on form at the moment, and really over the course of this season, it is probably the best first 11-15ish players in Europe. No doubt people will respond to this comment by listing the players in the Chelsea, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Barcelona sides and ask me how I could possibly think that. The Key for me is that if you look at the side as as individuals and also as small collective groups (such as central defensive pairing, the back four/five, central midfield pairing) they are as good and if not better than any side in Europe. The only thing the side really lacks is an out-and-out goalscorer since the departure of RVN, but their ability to get goals from the midfield and from off of the bench has pretty much made up for that. When you then think about how they have such a large number of young players it is an awesome side. Right that is my United praising done for the year.

Certainly United have a better first team then any other side in England ; and on form at the moment, and really over the course of this season, it is probably the best first 11-15ish players in Europe. No doubt people will respond to this comment by listing the players in the Chelsea, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Barcelona sides and ask me how I could possibly think that. The Key for me is that if you look at the side as as individuals and also as small collective groups (such as central defensive pairing, the back four/five, central midfield pairing) they are as good and if not better than any side in Europe. The only thing the side really lacks is an out-and-out goalscorer since the departure of RVN, but their ability to get goals from the midfield and from off of the bench has pretty much made up for that. When you then think about how they have such a large number of young players it is an awesome side. Right that is my United praising done for the year.

I think I am about to throw up :)

IMHO United can thank there lucky behinds for Cristina this year

Both games against Middlesbro' of the FA cup, Fulham, Reading (twice), Wigan, Aston Villa all games they should have lost or drawn but he saved their arses, 42 goals and that isn't counting the 19 goals he has layed on for them.

I am not saying they are a one man team, but his influence this year has been comparable with Ronaldinho, Zidane and Henry for at times carrying his team.

The only thing the side really lacks is an out-and-out goalscorer since the departure of RVN, but their ability to get goals from the midfield and from off of the bench has pretty much made up for that.

I think getting rid of RVN has made them a lot more fluent. Ruud wasn't the most mobile forward - and they look much quicker on the counter now. If they could find a quick centre forward to compliment the support of Rooney, Ronaldo and Giggs - they'd be truly frightening.

Archived