BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Invasion From Charlton

Charlton have today announced subsidised travel plans to invade Ewood Park for our game with a travelling support of 7500 !

looks like they are reliant on points at this game to ensure survival.

biggest crowd ever for the visit of such a giant in football ? :rolleyes:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlton have today announced subsidised travel plans to invade Ewood Park for our game with a travelling support of 7500 !

Fair play to the board of Charlton digging deep into their pockets again. I seem to recall they did it for a FA cup replay a few years back (Middlesbrough?)

Not too sure if they'll get 7,500, but a decent away following might inspire them.

Fair play to the board of Charlton digging deep into their pockets again. I seem to recall they did it for a FA cup replay a few years back (Middlesbrough?)

Not too sure if they'll get 7,500, but a decent away following might inspire them.

Good for them! Hope they fill the ground!

Was at the Valley last night - tremendous atmosphere. Based on the respective performances yesterday, Charlton has a good chance to overtake Fulham. City was dire for a team scoring 3.

Dont think this is going to be like Celtic in the yoofa :rolleyes:

Some Londoners are keen to tell the world how much "dosh" they have. Seem to like a freebie though (if not semi final tickets over £25 :) )

And Rovers will oblingingly roll over in similar manner to their performances against the other relegation teams.

Funny you say that, I watched Charlton yesterday and thought they looked capable of taking us apart. Quick, sharp one touch passing and good movement.

Of course we must also add Fulham to the list of teams to cure their current ills against us

Fulham is on horrible form - 7 goals given up in their last 2, the only 2 scored have been by an American Defender! With the way City played yesterday, they'd have only gotten a draw at best against the other 18 prem clubs. That being said, I'm sure we'll cure their ills.

:rover: if any team is desperate for points,playing rovers is always a easy way to secure them,i remenber charlton fans celebrating promotion to the premier at ewood not long ago.the following year we went up,lets hope it's not the other way round this time :brfc:

As of earlier today Charlton have sold 3400 tickets for the game, filling 59 coaches and 2 aeroplanes !!!

They are plugging the game big style and are hoping that an injection of over 100000 from a fan will promote the operation Ewood a little more so that they can take their full allocation of 7500 tickets for the game.

I started a thread about this on the official board. It's us to us to rally our fans and the team and show them the points are not there for the taking. Get everyone you can along to Ewood, make it a sea of blue and white. I for one think it's a bit of a cheek and I hope Hughes gets those lads motivated to give Charlton a good trouncing :angry: Operation Ewood - ggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Come on folks, Operation Charlton starts here :rover::brfc:

I started a thread about this on the official board. It's us to us to rally our fans and the team and show them the points are not there for the taking. Get everyone you can along to Ewood, make it a sea of blue and white. I for one think it's a bit of a cheek and I hope Hughes gets those lads motivated to give Charlton a good trouncing :angry: Operation Ewood - ggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Come on folks, Operation Charlton starts here :rover::brfc:

Tell you what Mum,your thoughts are totally right but after tonights pathetic attendance and atmosphere the town needs a foot up its arse never mind a rallying call.

:angry:

Yes but the kick off was late if you want to take your kids on a midweek night when they've got to get to school next morning, and Watford brought no more fans than some of those European teams, so it was no wonder the crowd was small. Sometimes wonder why we don't go for 7.30 or 7.45 kick offs when we know the away fans won't turn up anyway, then more of the kids could turn up. Thought the reception for the team was very good considering the small number there.

Yes but the kick off was late if you want to take your kids on a midweek night when they've got to get to school next morning, and Watford brought no more fans than some of those European teams, so it was no wonder the crowd was small. Sometimes wonder why we don't go for 7.30 or 7.45 kick offs when we know the away fans won't turn up anyway, then more of the kids could turn up. Thought the reception for the team was very good considering the small number there.

Or indeed 6pm!

Or indeed 6pm!

No, I wasn't going to suggest 6 after all the carry on over the early kick off in Europe, but 7.30 would make quite a difference to quite a lot of people without being too early for most. I finish work at 3 in Blackburn so any time would do me but I do know that's not the case with everyone but 7.30 would mean the match finishing by 9.30 at the latest and even people going out of Blackburn to get home could make it in time to get kids to bed at a reasonable time.

Archived