BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Invasion From Charlton

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheap tickets and a 7,500 allocation,secured parking at Darwen Vale.....by christ aren't we an accomodating bunch at Blackburn.

What next, free programme,pie and fookin foot massage for 'em!

<_<

No working girls in Preston that night, they are laid on free couresy of CAFC :rolleyes:

Tell you what Mum,your thoughts are totally right but after tonights pathetic attendance and atmosphere the town needs a foot up its arse never mind a rallying call.

:angry:

Too right.

Too many things being taken for granted by the Blackburn public. We could so easily be in Charlton's position and given the way that the Premiership is going our future status in it is not guaranteed despite our current position.

Lets fill the ground against Charlton with most of the 23000 or so who went to Old Tartford.

Too right.

Too many things being taken for granted by the Blackburn public. We could so easily be in Charlton's position and given the way that the Premiership is going our future status in it is not guaranteed despite our current position.

Lets fill the ground against Charlton with most of the 23000 or so who went to Old Tartford.

Going back to the Watford attendance midweek (possible explanations aside) been going a bit of research,yes I am that bored, and you have to go back to season 93/94 and a three sided Ewood park to find a lower attendance recorded for a Premierleague game at Ewood!

What's even more interesting is that during our short stay in Div 1 only 2 games saw lower attendances in the entire 2 seasons! :unsure:

Cheap tickets and a 7,500 allocation,secured parking at Darwen Vale.....by christ aren't we an accomodating bunch at Blackburn.

What next, free programme,pie and fookin foot massage for 'em!

<_<

A couple of posts up you were complaining about "pathetic attendances" - now you're whinging at a possible good attendance !

Should we bump up the prices and make them walk here ?

I think this could be an excellent match to take a very young supporter to or indeed a neutral as the atmosphere should be very good and it is cheap tickets.

I've e-mailed a WH fan-an ex-colleague of my wife-suggesting he go to shout for the Rovers-I have now checked the fixtures and see they are at Wigan and have mentioned it to my local Post Office man, who is also a WH fan. We'll see if it makes any difference.

Hi Rovers fans,

Thought I'd sign on and give you my view on all this. As a Charlton fan I can't wait to go on Saturday. You have to rememeber we've done a few of these 'Operations' (lol) before and we always seem to lose. At the last count there will be over 5000 of us so the atmosphere should be great. Being a natural pessimist I think we are doomed so this will be one of our last chances to go to a Premiership ground for a while - so we will go out with a bang (and contribute nearly £100,000 to Rovers in the process!)

BTW - I thought it was a bit of a cheap shot asking where we were at Wembley - that was 20 years ago - we didn't even have a ground then!

Cheers,

John

I went to the Valley before it was closed during the 80s. Before the match I took the time to walk to the top of the steep terrace to the right of the away end, which was by then closed, for safety reasons (I assume). A very steep bit of terrace that could hold a lot of people, I think there was 70,000 odd on there once. I imagine that would have been some sight seeing that full from the top.

BTW - I thought it was a bit of a cheap shot asking where we were at Wembley - that was 20 years ago - we didn't even have a ground then!

Cheers,

John

or fans :P

I HATE CHARLTON :P I BLAME THEM FOR THE PAIN IVE SUFFERED SINCE EARLY DEC,WHEN THEY SCORED I PUNCHED THE WALL AND BROKE MY ARM,WRIST AND TORE MY CARTLIDGE AND RIPPED MY LIGAMENT OFF MY WRIST AND IM STILL AWAITING AN OP.

Hi Rovers fans,

Cheers,

John

At least you were in the old First Division-a division above us.

Anyway, Charlton were my first London ground in the early 70's. I went with a pal who lived in London; we went on the bus and left plenty of time, but I think 1 broke down and we arrived just after the kick-off. We didn't realise unti the very end that we had missed a ( Charlton ) goal. So we hadn't drawn 1-1 - we had lost 1-2!!

My early experience of our rivalry with Rovers goes back to the 70s when we were both promoted from the old Third division along with Plymouth. That Charlton side is still fondly remembered by us Addicks. Is the Rovers team held in the same high rgard at Ewood?

My early experience of our rivalry with Rovers goes back to the 70s when we were both promoted from the old Third division along with Plymouth. That Charlton side is still fondly remembered by us Addicks. Is the Rovers team held in the same high rgard at Ewood?

That was the season of our fondly remembered 5 - 2 win over Plymouth, coming back from 2 down and after missing a penalty.

Great memories.

I remember us beating you 3-1 at Ewood that season. A good game.

We always seemed to play well at The Valley in subsequent seasons and end up getting beaten. Back in 1986, we lost 3-0 at the Valley making it a pretty miserrable birthday the day after. This season's game actually falls on my birthday but I rather fear a repeat result.

Do you think you will sell all 7,000 tickets?

Archived