BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Invasion From Charlton

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think one of the biggest differences from then to now is that EVERY team had wingers. Players who could run with the ball, get to the line and whip the ball in to a big centre forward.

There is nothing as exciting as watching a winger dribbling through the defence and beating the full backs.

That is a shame actually. The only clubs with wingers seem to be the top four, Newcastle with dyer (sort of) and Duff and Spurs with lennon.

Maybe its just me being stupid but the only other players in the league I can think of who are a bit like a proper winger are Boa Morte and Downing?

I suppose its all down to the fact that you need to be very very good to work as a winger. A rubbish winger is a liability as they contribute so little to defending and marking.

what is depressing is that teams lkek Bolton and everton who actually play 451 STILL don't use wingers, just wide strikers.

John-how are you getting ooop north on Saturday? For those flying, the longest part of the journey will be from Liverpool airport to Ewood!

Except I think they're flying to Blackpool. The shed's going to be pretty full when they're all checking in after the match!

Archived