BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
None of which is there fault, it was 11 vs 11 and Liverpool beat them both!

No they didnt :)

Everyone forget Barca beat them at Anfield and it was 2-2 on aggregate, and they tied with Chelsea and came through on penalties.

Yes, they "overcame" both Barcelona and Chelsea, but strictly speaking they didnt defeat them in open time.

Next year has got to be it for Liverpool, if they don't win the league then as far as I am concerned they fail.

I don't think they will win the league next year, I don't think Benitez will play the same 11 for a run of games, To be champions you need consistancy. He'll be more of a Ranieri than a Mourinho

No they didnt :)

Everyone forget Barca beat them at Anfield and it was 2-2 on aggregate, and they tied with Chelsea and came through on penalties.

Yes, they "overcame" both Barcelona and Chelsea, but strictly speaking they didnt defeat them in open time.

They defeated Barca at the Camp Nou : 2 - 1, Riise and Bellamy, so they did beat them.

They defeated Chelsea at Anfield : 1 - 0 Agger, again they defeated them.

Liverpool were better in the first half, AC Milan better in the second. Liverpool failed to create any real chances apart from the one chance for SG, which took some fortunate bounces to put him through. AC Milan deserved it.

Are you sure you were watching the same game pal, if you say that to anyone on the street they will laugh there bloody head off!

Pal? If I said that to the people on the street over here they would say "Champions what?"

Your obvious love of all things Liverpool is commendable, if not confusing, but if you watched the same tournament and asked anyone on the street outside Liverpool if their quality of football was good enough to make the final they will laugh there bloody head off.

United played worthy football, Valencia played worthy football, Roma played worthy football, Inter played worthy football, Lyon played worthy football, the rest of it was quite boring and hardly the quality we should expect from the Champions League.

United played worthy football, Valencia played worthy football, Roma played worthy football, Inter played worthy football, Lyon played worthy football, the rest of it was quite boring and hardly the quality we should expect from the Champions League.

I agree, though Milan played worthy football in that delightful and exceedingly pleasurable bashing of ManUre.

Liverpool were disgraceful in that second half, one goal down and not even thinking of throwing people forward. When Arbeloa came on instead of someone who could, I don't know, score a goal(?!) I thought I needed to check my eyesight. Benitez's tactics are scaresly lacking in the attacking department. Everything seems to be about securing a nil-nil draw, and thus a penalty shoot-out where Pepe comes to the rescue once again. Milan would've played better football against a team that focusses on anything that resembles attacking, also distribution from their defense was just terrible, incidentally that's where the little threat Liverpool could muster came from. Since Mr. Benitez has taken the reigns at Liverpool they have been killing off games after an early lead, much to the dismay of everyone watching, perhaps even including some of the Liverpool fans.

All in all, utter tripe from both teams. I'm extremely happy that Liverpool didn't take it this time round.

Pal? If I said that to the people on the street over here they would say "Champions what?"

Your obvious love of all things Liverpool is commendable, if not confusing, but if you watched the same tournament and asked anyone on the street outside Liverpool if their quality of football was good enough to make the final they will laugh there bloody head off.

Its not about worthy football all the time! I mean look at Arsenal the way they play they should be winning the league every season, you just have to get over it, Liverpool are special in Europe and they only lost that Final by one of the flukiest goals i have seen!

Its not about worthy football all the time! I mean look at Arsenal the way they play they should be winning the league every season, you just have to get over it, Liverpool are special in Europe and they only lost that Final by one of the flukiest goals i have seen!

Well said.

I watched the game,because Liverpool were in it,and that's more that can be said for the most boring F.a Cup I've ever watched btween 1st and 2nd in the prem(pathetic )a Real let down after the West Ham v Liverpool final,but the media and tv pundits nearly had me convinced that I hadn't witnessed a boring game , but a tatical battle between 2 masters of english football.If that's what they call it, I might as well take up chess.

Unlucky Liverpool,even the kings of europe have their off -days./

Quality-wise Minus Gerrard, Liverpool are still lightyears behind the BIG three (& i don`t mean Birmingham) <_<

Kings of Europe? What does that make Milan and Madrid.

Liverpool are overrrated and boring, you just need to get over it

How are they boring??

Have you ever seen a better Champions League Final than 2005??

Have you ever seen a better F.A Cup Final than 2006?

Have you seen a better UEFA Cup Final than 2001??

I bet you haven't!

How are they boring??

Have you ever seen a better Champions League Final than 2005??

Have you ever seen a better F.A Cup Final than 2006?

Have you seen a better UEFA Cup Final than 2001??

I bet you haven't!

Madrid V Leverkeusen 2002, Benfica V Man Utd 1968, Madrid V Frankfurt 1960

Wimbledon V Liverpool 1988, Palace V Man U 1990, Coventry V Spurs 1987

Did you watch Sevilla V Espanyol this year? Porto V Celtic 2003?

2005 - Liverpool played 10 minutes of watchable football other then that they were given a footballing lesson, then took it out on penalties after closing up shop. Great comeback, Milan deserved to win.

2006 - Liverpool through the brilliance of one player took it level before taking it out on penalties

2001 - Once again lady luck shined on Liverpool with Alaves having TWO players sent off and then scoring an OWN GOAL to hand the win to 'pool

Liverpool show when luck isn't on their side they don't have what it takes and what makes matters worse they play dire football up until they get ###### by the fairies

Madrid V Leverkeusen 2002, Benfica V Man Utd 1968, Madrid V Frankfurt 1960

Wimbledon V Liverpool 1988, Palace V Man U 1990, Coventry V Spurs 1987

Did you watch Sevilla V Espanyol this year? Porto V Celtic 2003?

2005 - Liverpool played 10 minutes of watchable football other then that they were given a footballing lesson, then took it out on penalties after closing up shop. Great comeback, Milan deserved to win.

2006 - Liverpool through the brilliance of one player took it level before taking it out on penalties

2001 - Once again lady luck shined on Liverpool with Alaves having TWO players sent off and then scoring an OWN GOAL to hand the win to 'pool

Liverpool show when luck isn't on their side they don't have what it takes and what makes matters worse they play dire football up until they get ###### by the fairies

How the hell was Leverkusen vs Madrid a better final than Liverpool vs A.C Milan in 2005??

Andy Gray said he hasn't seen a cup final like that, he also said the same about the F.A Cup Final.

The F.A Cup Final had 2 of the best goals you will ever see in a Final, if not 3. Ok once you can count yourself luck and the second time but the third time, you do something along the lines of what Steven Gerrad did, your nothing but special and thats what Liverpool have showed to all of the U.K and Europe!

Looks like to me your jealous of Liverpools success!

How the hell was Leverkusen vs Madrid a better final than Liverpool vs A.C Milan in 2005??

Andy Gray said he hasn't seen a cup final like that, he also said the same about the F.A Cup Final.

The F.A Cup Final had 2 of the best goals you will ever see in a Final, if not 3. Ok once you can count yourself luck and the second time but the third time, you do something along the lines of what Steven Gerrad did, your nothing but special and thats what Liverpool have showed to all of the U.K and Europe!

Both teams attacking each other non-stop with wonderful passing play (yes at the feet) until probably the greatest ever goal scored in a European final by the master of his generation Zidane.

Andy Gray is a muppet who is so completely pro-Liverpool it is not funny

Sounds to me like you should be over at the KOP website instead of this one. Why be jealous of Liverpool? You can't even compare them to United, Arsenal or (now) Chelsea. They have had a remarkable amount of luck in cup competitions probably in line with Manc luck in the league over the past decade.

If Rovers have had that kind of fortune I would imagine a couple more trophies in our cupboard as well.

Both teams attacking each other non-stop with wonderful passing play (yes at the feet) until probably the greatest ever goal scored in a European final by the master of his generation Zidane.

Andy Gray is a muppet who is so completely pro-Liverpool it is not funny

Sounds to me like you should be over at the KOP website instead of this one. Why be jealous of Liverpool? You can't even compare them to United, Arsenal or (now) Chelsea. They have had a remarkable amount of luck in cup competitions probably in line with Manc luck in the league over the past decade.

If Rovers have had that kind of fortune I would imagine a couple more trophies in our cupboard as well.

So the Mancs won the league by luck?? No team can have so much luck that they can win the league, talk sense, for once!

Andy Gray is a Liverpool fan so nothing surprising about his comments. What is surprising is that you are indirectly accusing anyone not considering Liverpool the best side in Europe this season as being jealous of them.....

Andy Gray is a Liverpool fan so nothing surprising about his comments. What is surprising is that you are indirectly accusing anyone not considering Liverpool the best side in Europe this season as being jealous of them.....

Also, they are unable to win anything without resorting to penalties, their game plan against Milan composed of defending and taking the game to penalties. They dont really have the ability to beat a top European team over 2 legs fair and square, which is why you see them defend with 10 for penalties or win by ghost goals as in 2005

Also, they are unable to win anything without resorting to penalties, their game plan against Milan composed of defending and taking the game to penalties. They dont really have the ability to beat a top European team over 2 legs fair and square, which is why you see them defend with 10 for penalties or win by ghost goals as in 2005

Andy Gray is NOT a Liverpool fan!, he just says the truth about Liverpool and people on this messageboard cant take the fact that a guy whos knows what he's on about has nothing but praise for Liverpool.

I am not a Liverpool Fan but at the end of the day you have to admit they are Special in Europe and no British team will better them, either on the pitch or off it!

Archived