BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

They still are a special side, i think this is the 1st season in a long while that they have have won anything.

Anyway, your jealous of thier success, i'm not, lets just leave it at that :tu:

Anfield 1-1

Ewood 1-0

Altogether now and fittingly to the tune of 'Are you burnley in disguise'.....

...... 'Can we play you every week?'

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure you also meant this season too.

They still are a special side, i think this is the 1st season in a long while that they have have won anything.

Anyway, your jealous of thier success, i'm not, lets just leave it at that :tu:

1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2007

Seven out of the last ten years they have gone trophy less, special special team :wstu:

A worse record of consistency then Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea

:lol:

I agree Thenodrog. Boris Johnson was going to atone for offending the hyper-sensitive scallies by signing a book of condolence for Ken Bigley-only to find someone nicked it.

I should behave as my sister is marrying one later this month. And he's a policeman!

Liverpool fans are "the worst in Europe"

Looks like UEFA are trying to pass the buck yet again and refusing to take any responsibility. Liverpool fans were certainly at fault for much of the blame and especially for going to the ground without tickets and those trying to steal from other fans or rushing the barriers. However...

Uefa make the point asking why there was no problem with the Milan fans. The actual answer to that is because there was nowhere near as many Milan fans as Liverpool in Athens. Italians aren't the best travellers to away games anyway and they only just sold out their provision for the final. If there had been a small section of Milan fans attempting to get in without tickets the same problems at the other end would have occurred.

It would have occurred because despite this being 2007 the stadium did not have turnstiles but instead a gate which was opened to allow fans in. Could you ever imagine such an arrangement at a modern football stadium?

To say that Liverpool fans are the worst in Europe is a strange one. Worse than Feyenoord who were this season kicked out of the Uefa Cup. Worse than quarter-finalists AS Roma who are no strangers to playing in front of empty stadiums because of the behaviour of their fans. In fact it was so long ago a Rome derby was cancelled because the players walked off on the prompting of their ultras. Worse than Palermo and Catania who brought the whole of Italian football to a standstill? Worse than the Turkish sides who are never punished for their transgressions?

Seems to me like Uefa are trying to wash their hands of any blame whatsoever.

That doesn't mean Liverpool aren't to blame at all...they are and they are never very good at taking responsibility. I'd also say that when they come to Ewood there is a chance of a bit of aggro somewhere. Much more than almost any other team in the Premiership but then again they do come in big numbers. Yet for Uefa to lay all the blame on them is the usual typical cowardice from the organisation. Nothing is ever the fault of the mighty Uefa.

1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2007

Seven out of the last ten years they have gone trophy less, special special team :wstu:

A worse record of consistency then Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea

But they still do well in competitions in which Man Utd Chelsea and Arsenal don't.

They are special, you still can't name a better Champions League Final than 2005 and please don't mention the Real Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen one at Hampden again.

Barcelona 0 vs. AC Milan 4 (1994, I think), with a Dejan Savicevic masterclass. :)

2005 final was fun to watch, but Liverpool got so much luck that night it was unbelievable. I think they sacrificed a small child to the turkish ancestors that night. But the worse team won (as indeed happened this year). I preferred the old format, with everyone else in the UEFA cup, which was a real humdinger as well.

But they still do well in competitions in which Man Utd Chelsea and Arsenal don't.

They are special, you still can't name a better Champions League Final than 2005 and please don't mention the Real Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen one at Hampden again.

Manchester Untied and Chelsea were both in the semi-finals this year, with Arsenal making the final the year before.

It was a good final, but that doesn't turn Liverpool into a great side. I sometimes see some really exciting sunday league games, but I've yet to approach the manager afterwards and tell him that he'd just given a tactical masterclass.

Liverpool fans are "the worst in Europe"

Worse than quarter-finalists AS Roma who are no strangers to playing in front of empty stadiums because of the behaviour of their fans. In fact it was so long ago a Rome derby was cancelled because the players walked off on the prompting of their ultras. Worse than Palermo and Catania who brought the whole of Italian football to a standstill? Worse than the Turkish sides who are never punished for their transgressions?

Roma-Lazio a few years ago was cancelled a few years ago because there was a rumour going round that a child had been killed outside the stadium by a police car, so some Roma Ultras explained the situation to Totti and he told the referee, who abandoned the match. Doesn't really make any difference though :rolleyes:

Manchester Untied and Chelsea were both in the semi-finals this year, with Arsenal making the final the year before.

It was a good final, but that doesn't turn Liverpool into a great side. I sometimes see some really exciting sunday league games, but I've yet to approach the manager afterwards and tell him that he'd just given a tactical masterclass.

But Benitez has done it before, he won La Liga with Valencia when Real and Barca were dominating the league.

Roar's love affair with Rafa is wierd.

The guy has signally and utterly failed in what he was primarilly employed to do- win the Premiership. At this stage, he is further away from winning it than when he started. Blowing £35m on Etoo or muckspreading £40m transfer fees around the leagues of Europe in a scatter gun transfer battle is not going to get him the Premiership either.

A good manager would not have failed so badly with Bellamy.

This is controversial but the article and the letters below it strike me as being unpallatably accurate. UEFA don't want working class supporters and the Greeks were totally culpable for letting anyone into the stadium two hours before kick-off.

??? so Liverpool don't do well in the competitions Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal do??? i.e the friggin Premier League!! Time to include this vital stat - Rovers 1, Liverpool 0. Can you name ONE competition that they bettered the other three at in the last ten years? Premier League? No. Champions League? No, sorry the Manc has one of them. Uefa Cup? No sorry, Chelsea have one of those as well, FA Cup? No, all three are better, League Cup? No, sorry not there either, surely the Charity Shield? No sorry. What competition then?

To add, every competition that Liverpool have won has been won by the other three over the same time period. So you lose again.

Your comments are becoming laughable, and please if you are going to TRY and bag me out read my posts to their entirity, that is twice now I have caught you out short changing my responses. Unless of course you are talking about JUST Champions League finals instead of European Cups, but you wouldn't do that because you would be contradicting yourself on how 'special' Liverpool is considering they have won ONE.

If of course you are talking European Cup Finals, then I gave another two off the top of my head and probably could give you another dozen if I really could be bothered.

The only people who thought that final was 'special' were Liverpool supporters, the rest of us saw it for what it was, 10 minutes of luck.

But Benitez has done it before, he won La Liga with Valencia when Real and Barca were dominating the league.

Sorry got to comment on ths as well, Rafa has done WHAT before? He won the league with a superb side, which mind you he had no input in inheriting a well built Cuper side, when Madrid and Barca were faltering....... FALTERING not dominating.

This is controversial but the article and the letters below it strike me as being unpallatably accurate. UEFA don't want working class supporters and the Greeks were totally culpable for letting anyone into the stadium two hours before kick-off.

Philip can you please think of a more accurate term? Thats a daft 60's term that was never anywhere near to being accurate even then. What is actually meant these days by the term 'Working class'?

If you mean that UEFA do not want any pond life, work shy, scallies who think its fun to invade and spoil such events to the detriment of 'proper' supporters of their team then I am with UEFA. Sh1t was bound to happen. For days before the match we were treated to regular news bulletins of jolly scousers singing boorish drunken chants whilst openly declaring that they were leaving the country without match any chance of a match ticket.

Never mind Heyshell and Hillsborough (if you can :blink: ) just rem the crap that we endured a few years ago v Man City and Celtic when huge volumes of fans travelled without tickets? In these days of Sky coverage it's simply not on and should be prevented by the authorities in this country by whatever measures are necessary.

??? so Liverpool don't do well in the competitions Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal do??? i.e the friggin Premier League!! Time to include this vital stat - Rovers 1, Liverpool 0. Can you name ONE competition that they bettered the other three at in the last ten years? Premier League? No. Champions League? No, sorry the Manc has one of them. Uefa Cup? No sorry, Chelsea have one of those as well, FA Cup? No, all three are better, League Cup? No, sorry not there either, surely the Charity Shield? No sorry. What competition then?

To add, every competition that Liverpool have won has been won by the other three over the same time period. So you lose again.

Your comments are becoming laughable, and please if you are going to TRY and bag me out read my posts to their entirity, that is twice now I have caught you out short changing my responses. Unless of course you are talking about JUST Champions League finals instead of European Cups, but you wouldn't do that because you would be contradicting yourself on how 'special' Liverpool is considering they have won ONE.

If of course you are talking European Cup Finals, then I gave another two off the top of my head and probably could give you another dozen if I really could be bothered.

The only people who thought that final was 'special' were Liverpool supporters, the rest of us saw it for what it was, 10 minutes of luck.

No, no, you saw it as 10 minutes of luck because you just can't take the fact that another English side had done it that way.

You just answer my question,

If we won the Champions League, F.A Cup the way Liverpool won it and people say we won it by 'luck' would you really care???

NO!!! because at the end of the day we'll be taking the cup home, our fans will be celebrating on the streets and most importantly we have been succesfull!!!

People who can't take the fact that our team has won the cup will always make excuses and thats what you are doing at the moment, you can't take the fact that Liverpool won finals that they had no right of but you just have to carry on with it and take it on the chin, hopefully one day our day will come!

Sorry got to comment on ths as well, Rafa has done WHAT before? He won the league with a superb side, which mind you he had no input in inheriting a well built Cuper side, when Madrid and Barca were faltering....... FALTERING not dominating.

Quite right, they finished 3rd and 4th that year, with Barcelona having finished 4th the season before and finishing 6th the season after.

No, no, you saw it as 10 minutes of luck because you just can't take the fact that another English side had done it that way.

You just answer my question,

If we won the Champions League, F.A Cup the way Liverpool won it and people say we won it by 'luck' would you really care???

NO!!! because at the end of the day we'll be taking the cup home, our fans will be celebrating on the streets and most importantly we have been succesfull!!!

People who can't take the fact that our team has won the cup will always make excuses and thats what you are doing at the moment, you can't take the fact that Liverpool won finals that they had no right of but you just have to carry on with it and take it on the chin, hopefully one day our day will come!

Of course I wouldn't care, but that isn't your point! Your point is that as a result of a few cup runs Benitez deserves to be rated as a top class manager, he doesn't. Our team? Are you a Liverpool supporter?

Your point is that as a result of a few cup runs Benitez deserves to be rated as a top class manager, he doesn't.

I don't see how you can consider him to be anything like a top class manager when, with all the funds he has spent, he can't get anywhere near the top 2 in the league. The vast majority of his buys are flops and then he gets an amazing amount of credit for the odd one that shines. His man management skills seem somewhat lacking and he appears to throw in the towel with players after only a short period of time, seeing the $$$ and buying in another player who fails to settle.

His success has been entirely cup based, which shows the lack of consistency and until his team gets that he can't be called a top class manager.

I reckon Rafa Benitez is one of the best managers in the world, if not THE best, why can't people just take it on the chin because at the end of the day thats MY opinion.

I reckon Rafa Benitez is one of the best managers in the world, if not THE best,

:lol::lol:

I'd bloody love to see him move to Wigan or Derby next season to see how he'd go on with their resources.

When you are in a hole Roar........ you really are best advised to stop digging. :tu:

I reckon Rafa Benitez is one of the best managers in the world, if not THE best, why can't people just take it on the chin because at the end of the day thats MY opinion.

Surely thats a little over the top, when we have mamegerial Geniuses such as keegan, roeder, Wilkinson and hoddle unemployed.

IMO Benetiz is a good mamanager in Europe and in the cups, his European tactics are spot on however in the prem he is reluctant to attack , he plays 3 defensive midfielders and as a consequence they don’t score enough goals and draw too many games. Look at his reluctance to play any of the wingers he brought. In I am not doubting his European pedigree but in the Perm he hasn’t cut the mustard as yet

Archived