BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Semi-final .

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gutted like everyone else. We ran Chelsea ragged and got nothing for it. To contribute to the debate on here I thought McCarthy worked hard but didn't get much service. Roberts played well. Nelsen was at fault for the first but played excellently otherwise. Bentley looked knackered late on.

Now to moan about Chelesa.

Their back 4 alone, not counting Terry, cost over £60 million. The subs they brought on cost more than our team put together. This massive chasm in what we have and what they have financially is ridiculous but the media don't want to focus on that do they? I really do think that there should be some action to level the playing fields to make the game more competitive. It is a very real possibility that the top two finishers in the Prem, already playing each other in the FA cup final, could also play each other in the Champions League Final. 2 teams challenging for 3 cups; how long will long suffering fans put up with that before they leave and go elsewhere?

I'm in agreement with Theno's mate; Chelsea's most annoying players are Terry, J. Cole, Lampard, and A. Cole.

Terry is overrated and should not be England captain. Joe Cole dives as much as any of our most hated international cousins. Lampard, although he scores a hatful of goals, is very overrated. He cannot replicate that for England because Chelsea have players around him with superb talent who do all his work allowing him to drift forward into the gap between defence and midfield. Ashley Cole cries like no one else on a football pitch, anything that doesn't go his way he goes bezerk. What really wound me up was when he deliberately landed on then scraped his studs down Dunn's back after a tackle.

Feel gutted and hungover but still very proud of our players and our fans. After the game I was outside Sainsbury's on Oxford Road when a Chelsea fan stood on my foot because the dosey cockney wasn't looking where he was going. He said sorry, I told him to watch where he was going to which he replied 'Just because you lost', to which I replied 'you're going to win f*** all'which brought me some allies in some passing United fans! I conveniently forgot they already had the league cup!

Losing when we played so well seems to hurt more today, or maybe that's just the head!!

the way the ball ran for Ballack from a great block was typical.

That is what really sickened me, it's not like there was any great play by Ballack he got a very fotuitous rebound and the angle he was presented with gave him a clear open shot at goal. Gut wrenchin, ball could have gone anywhere.

Well I really seem to be in a minority of one here but honestly i thought Wiley was decent for us. Let the game flow, allowed robust challenges, let things slide when others would have booked players. The reason we had many more fouls awarded against us was because we were robust, and bloody good thing too as that is part of the reason we looked the better team in all.

Anyhow I don't want to harp on about it. Outstanding second half performance against the most expensive team in the world.

Wrong..... It was because Chelsea have cultivated the Arsenal habit of falling down and screaming 'foul' every time they are in danger of losing possession. Aggravating and annoying and it amazes me why so few refs are able to spot the tactic.

Met JT after an under 21s game at Pride Park years ago. He was arrogant then and has not improved with age. Would have so loved to see that own goal attempt go in. Really annoyed by the Match of the Day bias last night. We seemed to get even less credit than we normally do and fro them to keep trying to talk our manager into another job is disgraceful. Even if it was said tongue in cheek, the comment about Chelsea liking to give the opposition a chance before beating them was crass in the extreme, bearing in mind that Mourinho himself had said that he was afraid they were going to lose, and I think for once was genuine and not patronising in his praise for us.

I have never seen Rovers perform better than that. It was even worth the 6 hour drive home surrounded by celebrating Chelsea fans. It says something that a team that were supposed to walk it were celebrating like mad for hours.

Sat with Benni and The Axe's families behind the dug out, Zurab was teasing Tugay thrughout the 2nd half about why he wasn't playing. When Peter came on Toogs just turned round and shrugged. That was the only decision I couldn't understand but the performance was so good I'm in no mood to criticise Hughes for anything.

Gamst's header in the dying minutes is now up there with the Mark Atkins OG against Liverpool in my nightmares, especially when I had us at 22/1 for a 2-1 win...

Met JT after an under 21s game at Pride Park years ago. He was arrogant then and has not improved with age. Would have so loved to see that own goal attempt go in.

I think it shows what an @rse he is when he discharged himself from hospital just hours after been knocked unconscious in the League Cup final. Typical thick footballer & a wockney canker to boot...

Yeh, everyone was outstanding yesterday. Even Jason Roberts who is limited in what he can do but did the best he can. Once again the biggest disappointment was MaCarthy. I thought he let us down in LeverKusen and again yesterday. I know he's won the Champions League but he just doesn't seem like a big game player.

Its gonna take us 3 years to recover from that loss - Pedersen will go to Liverpool and we will struggle to attract new players because we won't be in Europe next season.

With the likes of Reid, Savage and OOijer to return, Hughes needs to let Nonda go in the summer and get better strikers if we are to push on. Its likely that Beattie will be available, but I'd hope he moves for Dean Ashton and Darren Bent - that would be a good combination.

Guest Kamy100

Well nearly 24 hours on I am still feeling gutted, as I said before I am very proud of the team and the fans but still keep having flashbacks to the moments at the end of second half (MGP header and Cech Save From Terry).

Hopefully the lads can get things together and give us a winning end to the season in the last 6 games or so.

Like most on here still gutted at how close we came to getting to the final, it was a display that everyone can be proud of the second half performance alone was worth the ticket price, but now the player have to pick themselves up and remember that we have a important match on Weds against Watford and a performance like yesterday's will give us the 3 pts and break this curse we seem to have when playing bottom clubs.

Just a word on Wiley the ref, I thought his decisions were against us , we tackle their player and it's a free kick.

Same challenge on our player and it's play on, I would of prefered Poll to ref the game yesterday and well done to Rovers for not giving the ball back after Cech decided to waste time at the end.

Also £3 for a bottle bud your having a laugh, above the bars in the ground there was black tape over something else that they sell at the bar I'm wondering if it was draught and cheaper than a bottle of bud as I imagine Man Utd would have had control over the catering arrangements.

Hypothetical question here.

How many people believe that had the Norsk God scored that header with 6 minutes to go, Chelsea would have been awarded a dubious penalty in the dying minutes?

Perhaps I'm being too cynical but I can't shake that belief.

How many people believe that had the Norsk God scored that header with 6 minutes to go, Chelsea would have been awarded a dubious penalty in the dying minutes?

How on Earth can you follow football if you believe that?

I was sat with a group of neutrals (actually, more Chelsea-haters) yesterday and not one person mentioned the referee. He had absolutely nothing to do with the game so why even mention it?

"It was important to set ticket prices at a sensible and affordable level," said FA chief executive Brian Barwick.

£60! £80!!£95!!!

YOU SET OF IGNORANT, CLUELESS, INCOMPETENT UTTER FOOLS! :angry:

im not defending them but why have you chose to ignore the 35 quid tickets.

Amazing weekend, the only thing that spoilt it was the result and worse of all I was in work today - the hangover is only just starting to wear off!

Quality support from start to finish, wish the home games had the same kind of buzz and sheer hyperness. Hope everyone enjoyed the day out!

Proud of the team and fans, gutted beyond belief that we did not make it through to the final. Very hard to take and just makes me crave more occasions like that!

Bonus to meet up with scotty and jordan et al as well :tu:

How on Earth can you follow football if you believe that?

I was sat with a group of neutrals (actually, more Chelsea-haters) yesterday and not one person mentioned the referee. He had absolutely nothing to do with the game so why even mention it?

Well i got a text not long after the game from a neutral who commented on what a shocker Wiley had and that he;d given us nothing the whole game. Incidentally are you a trainee ref? You seemingly cannot wait to leap to the defence of refs, even when their performances are clearly appalling.

Archived