BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Semi-final .

There was only a minute left of normal time with the game tied at 1-1 when John Obi Mikel’s backheader looped over Cech’s head and, seemingly, into the goal. Cech reached out a hand to tip it over the bar

Obi Mikel / Terry - I can see where the confusion was there - they look like twins don't they :rolleyes:

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obi Mikel / Terry - I can see where the confusion was there - they look like twins don't they :rolleyes:

Yeah it also appeared in one of the Northern Ireland newspapers yesterday.

I think a few reporters should be loosing their jobs over this. Can you believe how little reference we had in that report despite us dominating the 2nd half.

Gamst then gets booked for next to nothing. Laughable. As for all the writhing about on the floor, not even Winter even bother mentioning it.

To be fair he was about to throw the ball at the ref! just thanks to a couple of players (both chelsea and Rovers I think), who manage to stop him, he didn't get sent off. Although haven't seen it in replay, this is how I saw the situation live. So can't complain about that yellow card.

That just about sums it up perfectly paal, very lucky boy but then if you look at some of the other free kicks that chelsea were given for nothing and the blatent ones that were given their players weren't booked for.

presty tours :)

set off at 3am, went to 2 house parties before we left sunny pembs.

got to the garage to fill up with fuel and visited the hospital as a mate had dislcoated his shoulder wrecked off the beer.

stopped off in cardiff services and paid £9 for a breaky which was the biggest rip off in history. left still hungry and not happy grrrrrrr

arranged to pick up my mates x in powys as she lived in manchester and needed a lift, went into her house for a drink and surprised her sister who was still in bed, well what a set of tits, morning glory happy days!!!!

back on the road, and stopped off at services just before manchester. lucozade had a promotion tent going on and i fancied this 6ft blonde model. i said i'm presty and i'm on tour going to watch the rovers, fancy a pic with me. she did and what a tidy photo with the presty on tour banner, 10 free bottles of lucozade too and maybe the new face of lucozade perhaps :lol:

driving into manchester and loads of banter with the other vehicles, for anyone else involved i was in the toyota celica rally car with castrol advertised all over it. finally parked up after being stuck in traffic for a few hours.

went to sam platts bar, what an atmosphere!!!! standing on the picnic bench in the beer garden singing away with the presty on tour banner hanging of the caged fence and the guy next to me on the table said is that a welsh accient, and he knew exactly who i was, well good fun to meet you northern rover, top bloke!!!!

the banter with the chelsea fans and the police was awesome, fairplay we were well up for it.

headed off to old trafford about 15:30ish and really fancied our chances. the chelsea fans were pathetic, it was all us and i couldn't believe it when lampard scored. at half time we could only play better in the 2nd half.

after sheva missed the sitter and we all over them. dunny was just amazing imo, he lead by example and when we scored the feeling was unreal, jumping up and down hugging strangers, hi fives and giving the chelsea fans hell!!!!

how we didn't go on to win it in normal time was baffling, the pedersen chances and the terry header we all thought were in from where we were standing.

with the start of extra time, i thought our fittness would show and come through. with all 3 subs still availible, tugay and derbyshire were surley going too be the difference when they got on. why peter was used and not tugay i aint got a clue.

well gutted but proud, i was exausted and the nerves were shot. yeah we lost but we had them. we deserve all the credit in the world. when they went 2-1 up the reaction from us was amazing, we still believed!

didn't leave the ground till about 10 mins after the game finished, just sat there with my head in my hands knowing the wembley dream was over.

got back to the car and had about 70 missed calls and 40 odd messages on my mobile, just sat there deflated.

got out of manchester after the traffic jams and bombed down to see my sister in birmingham. stopped there for abit of grub and was devistated and shattered.

set of again and cruised home with loads of flash backs of the match and what if's!!!

how chelsea cheated, cole, cech and drogba are ######!!!

got home around 3am and the tour was over.

awesome day, loved it all but the result is what mattered at the end of the day.

full credit to the rovers team and the fans, we done ourselves proud.

wembley is still a dream but one day it will come true :brfc:

got to the garage to fill up with fuel and visited the hospital as a mate had dislcoated his shoulder wrecked off the beer.

stopped off in cardiff services and paid £9 for a breaky which was the biggest rip off in history. left still hungry and not happy grrrrrrr

arranged to pick up my mates x in powys as she lived in manchester and needed a lift, went into her house for a drink and surprised her sister who was still in bed, well what a set of tits, morning glory happy days!!!!

back on the road, and stopped off at services just before manchester. lucozade had a promotion tent going on and i fancied this 6ft blonde model. i said i'm presty and i'm on tour going to watch the rovers, fancy a pic with me. she did and what a tidy photo with the presty on tour banner, 10 free bottles of lucozade too and maybe the new face of lucozade perhaps :lol:

driving into manchester and loads of banter with the other vehicles, for anyone else involved i was in the toyota celica rally car with castrol advertised all over it. finally parked up after being stuck in traffic for a few hours.

went to sam platts bar, what an atmosphere!!!! standing on the picnic bench in the beer garden singing away with the presty on tour banner hanging of the caged fence and the guy next to me on the table said is that a welsh accient, and he knew exactly who i was, well good fun to meet you northern rover, top bloke!!!!

the banter with the chelsea fans and the police was awesome, fairplay we were well up for it.

headed off to old trafford about 15:30ish and really fancied our chances. the chelsea fans were pathetic, it was all us and i couldn't believe it when lampard scored. at half time we could only play better in the 2nd half.

after sheva missed the sitter and we all over them. dunny was just amazing imo, he lead by example and when we scored the feeling was unreal, jumping up and down hugging strangers, hi fives and giving the chelsea fans hell!!!!

how we didn't go on to win it in normal time was baffling, the pedersen chances and the terry header we all thought were in from where we were standing.

with the start of extra time, i thought our fittness would show and come through. with all 3 subs still availible, tugay and derbyshire were surley going too be the difference when they got on. why peter was used and not tugay i aint got a clue.

well gutted but proud, i was exausted and the nerves were shot. yeah we lost but we had them. we deserve all the credit in the world. when they went 2-1 up the reaction from us was amazing, we still believed!

didn't leave the ground till about 10 mins after the game finished, just sat there with my head in my hands knowing the wembley dream was over.

got back to the car and had about 70 missed calls and 40 odd messages on my mobile, just sat there deflated.

got out of manchester after the traffic jams and bombed down to see my sister in birmingham. stopped there for abit of grub and was devistated and shattered.

set of again and cruised home with loads of flash backs of the match and what if's!!!

awesome day, loved it all but the result is what mattered at the end of the day.

Class Presty mate.

You need to get yourself up to Bburn and run a few Presty's tours to some of our other away matches fella. Am sure based on your exploits you would have a fair few takers.

headed off to old trafford about 15:30ish and really fancied our chances. the chelsea fans were pathetic, it was all us and i couldn't believe it when lampard scored. at half time we could only play better in the 2nd half.[

I was stood on the top table next to the beer tent with the red away shirt with Savage on!

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7798/semisqc9.jpg

Did anyone see a little boy fall over and drop his Chips in Sam Platts? Between 12-1. That was my little brother if the person who gave him there box off chips is on here thank you again :tu:

I personally feel that Hughes got the starting line up and substitutions right, for the most part.. as someone mentioned earlier, this was definitely not a game for Tugay, we needed both Mokoena's and Dunn's defensive abilities in midfield. I don't think Derbyshire would have had an effect in this game either, he needs more experience - Terry and Carvalho would have eaten him up. I was biting my nails throughout most of the second half and all of ET worrying that one of Dunn, Mokoena, Emerton or Warnock was going to get sent off, and in my opinion Dunn was a lucky boy... I think it was smart to sub him, and not for Tugay, for the reasons mentioned earlier..

Mixed feelings about Mokoena - he played well for most of the game, but I think he switched off for both goals, not tracking the midfield attackers..

Oh Pedersen, if only you had scored that header!! Can't hold it against him though, as he clearly planned the free kick that led to Roberts' goal, having a word with him before it was taken.. Brilliant.

I think for me Pedersen's headed miss (in fact he missed two good chances with his head) are not only disappointing, but also very surprising.

For what it's worth, in my opinion Pedersen is one of the best headerers (is that even a word?) of the ball we've had in years. Interesting to see Hughes instantly dismiss talk of an £8m bid from Manchester United.

If he keeps playing like he did on Sunday, I'd say we'd be looking at £15m minimum.

Hypothetical question here.

How many people believe that had the Norsk God scored that header with 6 minutes to go, Chelsea would have been awarded a dubious penalty in the dying minutes?

Perhaps I'm being too cynical but I can't shake that belief.

Nah, they'd have ruled it out for offside. Did you see early on when the linesman gave Chelsea offside, he was yelliing and nodding in his mouthpiece, I took it to mean that Wiley gave him a right bollocking for raising the flag. :lol:

To be fair he was about to throw the ball at the ref! just thanks to a couple of players (both chelsea and Rovers I think), who manage to stop him, he didn't get sent off. Although haven't seen it in replay, this is how I saw the situation live. So can't complain about that yellow card.

That's right, Gamst was ###### off! I thought for sure he was gonna walk. I was a pefectly clean challenge. Nice to see Morten showing such passion, clearly he had even become frustrated with the antics. And that is saying a lot.

I can say at least Wiley did not give or take away any real game changing decisions, he just made it a little bit easier for Chelsea and just that little bit harder for Rovers and that was just enough. The tackle on Benni was disgraceful and warranted a yellow, We never even got a free kick, Benni goes studs up wins the ball Chesea player runs into Benni's side, free kick AND a yellow.

Oh yes you do, you do it a lot!!!

As much as I enjoy the majority of your posts USA, you made two posts during the Sunday match (unless I am mistaken); one was about the media coverage, the other was the refeering. Just let it go, will you? I do think referees are rubbish, I just find it wrong that people think there is one big conspiracy to hold us back. It only seems to crop up when we're not doing so well, when everything's going fine no-one complains.

I think for me Pedersen's headed miss (in fact he missed two good chances with his head) are not only disappointing, but also very surprising.

For what it's worth, in my opinion Pedersen is one of the best headerers (is that even a word?) of the ball we've had in years. Interesting to see Hughes instantly dismiss talk of an £8m bid from Manchester United.

If he keeps playing like he did on Sunday, I'd say we'd be looking at £15m minimum.

He's got a good leap but most of his headers at goal are poorly directed.

As much as I enjoy the majority of your posts USA, you made two posts during the Sunday match (unless I am mistaken); one was about the media coverage, the other was the refeering. Just let it go, will you? I do think referees are rubbish, I just find it wrong that people think there is one big conspiracy to hold us back. It only seems to crop up when we're not doing so well, when everything's going fine no-one complains.

I think very few people think there is a specific conspiracy against us. What many of us are sick of is paying good money to see refs either ruin games through incompetence or worse, pandering to the so called stars of the Premiership. Many of the so called top refs treat the big clubs differently, it's clear for many to see, Jeff Winter even admitted it. You seem obsessed with leaping to their defence at every chance.

I think very few people think there is a specific conspiracy against us. What many of us are sick of is paying good money to see refs either ruin games through incompetence or worse, pandering to the so called stars of the Premiership. Many of the so called top refs treat the big clubs differently, it's clear for many to see, Jeff Winter even admitted it. You seem obsessed with leaping to their defence at every chance.

As you were posting that, Rob Styles was proving your point by failing to give Sheffield United a clear penalty at Old Trafford (Heinze on Shelton).

As you were posting that, Rob Styles was proving your point by failing to give Sheffield United a clear penalty at Old Trafford (Heinze on Shelton).

Did have a little chuckle as that happened. To be fair it was a tough one from his angle, but how often does the big club get the benefit?

Did have a little chucke as that happened. To be fair it was a tough one from his angle, but how often does the big club get the benefit?

Yeah, the commentators are saying he couldn't really see it but why does that mean the linesman has to be blind as well? (and yes, I do know the answer)

No, USA thinks their is a major, far-reaching conspiracy against us (Mulder would be proud). I'm actually with LeChuck on this one, it's getting tired...

Archived