BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Semi-final .

Amazing how little the cameras showed of Watford supporters in yesterdays semi.

If you havent got an away strip then wear something red, let the media see that there are 23000 plus Rovers supporters at Old Trafford.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any Melbourne based Rovers fans who know of any pubs/cafes/foxtell blessed living rooms, that will be showing the semi tonight? It's proving really difficult to find anything that is open on a monday morning till 3.

I'm in the Coburg/Brunswick part of the City. I'm getting pretty desperate here, I was unreliably informed a while ago that SBS had the semis covered but that obviously isn't the case now. Any pubs you can point me to that might be open at that time? Please! 7 and a half hours left.

Is there any Melbourne based Rovers fans who know of any pubs/cafes/foxtell blessed living rooms, that will be showing the semi tonight? It's proving really difficult to find anything that is open on a monday morning till 3.

I'm in the Coburg/Brunswick part of the City. I'm getting pretty desperate here, I was unreliably informed a while ago that SBS had the semis covered but that obviously isn't the case now. Any pubs you can point me to that might be open at that time? Please! 7 and a half hours left.

I used to watch English football with other backpackers and ex-pats in a bar in the Collins street/Bourke Street area but that was in '99 and I cant remember it's name. There is/was a backpacker hostel at the bottom of Collins Street near Flinders Street Station, I reckon they could help you in there.

Yeh the hostel is a bit of ###### hole but will definately be open and will have it on at that time.

NOW then.... I'm in Byron bay...if you think you're having problems in Melbourne imagine what its like in this hicksville, so far i have found one place in the whole town that actually has an ESPN subscription, and obviously there closed at that time...im thinking of using the 'online' option, if anybody could PM with details of how one would go about this it would be much appreciated.

COME ON YOU ROVERS

Yeh the hostel is a bit of ###### hole but will definately be open and will have it on at that time.

NOW then.... I'm in Byron bay...if you think you're having problems in Melbourne imagine what its like in this hicksville, so far i have found one place in the whole town that actually has an ESPN subscription, and obviously there closed at that time...im thinking of using the 'online' option, if anybody could PM with details of how one would go about this it would be much appreciated.

COME ON YOU ROVERS

Byron Bay eh? :wacko:

Lovely place, very "mellow"

This is a bit of a nightmare. I have 15 dollars to my name, can't drive and the last train into the city gets there an hour before kick off. So I'll be hanging around for an hour with no money to buy beer and then there will be no tram/trains running after the game at 3 and I can't get a taxi back because I'm skint. So I'm stuck there till the first train at 5 in the morning. If we get beat it could possibly be the worst and longest night of my life.

Been up since 5.00am :(

Anyone planning to travel from Chorley the trains are not running. This is the deal:

Chorley to Bolton by bus

Bolton to Manchester by train

So that's stuffed our plans for an easy trip

Now setting off much earlier than planned to meet up with only2garners and then enjoy the canal boat trip along the Bridgewater canal to Old Trafford.

Wembley, Wembley, WE'RE the famous Blackburn Rovers and we're GOING to Wembley

Sounds like the clock is ticking on Sparky's tenure. Here's me thinking that putting on his favourite shirt was when he played for us. ..... No doubt Jim will be wetting himself in anticipation. :(

I guess paradoxically that a bad result today might almost be viewed as the best result. :blink:

Amazing how little the cameras showed of Watford supporters in yesterdays semi.

If you havent got an away strip then wear something red, let the media see that there are 23000 plus Rovers supporters at Old Trafford.

Second thoughts, after reading todays colours Im going for the blue and white. :brfc:

At this late hour, I'm still not sure where I will be able to watch the semi here in Sydney. I understand that it is on ESPN, and not having cable, would be appreciative if someone could point me at a venue.

One World Sports in Parramatta closes at midnight, so that's out.

TIA

went to a Greater Manchester Police charity do last night and a corporate package for 2 at today's game went for £250....to a Rovers fan.

I got a Rovers shirt signed with a "best wishes" message from Benny Mac. I must have been pi$$ed, I think I paid £85! Told the missus it was £40.

Archived